Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
jkjoshuatree

Default Summer Help

Hi guys and gals,

It's been quite a while since I've posted so forgive me if this isn't the right avenue to pursue.

A female friend of mine is looking for a summer job.

She's a therapist and yoga instructor but would be just as happy and content as being a waitress or a nanny/babysitter.

I browsed through the sub forums but couldn't find anything specifically related to jobs.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 03-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
MeredithMan

Default knock on the doors of the establishments...

Almost all of the service businesses in the area hire summer help. 3 years ago, when my daughter wanted to have a summer job at the lake, she put on a nice outfit and went door-to-door with her resume to all of the restaurants she was interested in working at. She did this in late April/early May, before most of the college kids were looking, and way before the HS kids were looking. She did get rejected at a number of places because she had no waitress experience, but she ultimately landed a job. She worked hard, was great with customers, and the place has had her back each summer since.

So, if your friend is interested in waitressing for the summer, start the search early, (April), and simply go to each place in person. As far as nannying or being a yoga instructor for the summer, I wouldn't know.

Good luck!
MeredithMan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (03-22-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
MeredithMan

Default Facebook Groups for babysitting/nannying...

My daughter just enlightened me that she has obtained some pretty good recurring babysitting gigs via Facebook groups. Apparently my daughter reached out to a family friend who is part of a Facebook group of young moms in the lakes region. The family friend put out a message to the group advising them of my daughter's capabilities and contact info.

So, if you or your female friend are members of any Facebook groups, ping them as well.

That is the extent of my Facebook knowledge, as I am one of the 3 people in America who are not on Facebook. The other 2 are my 2 Golden Retrievers....
MeredithMan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
Barney Bear

Default Facebook Membership

Neither I nor our two Scottish terriers are on Facebook, so that makes at least a total of six non-members. 🐻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Me neither!

I can find plenty of other more constructive things to do in my spare time than to be caught up in all this social media nonsense.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
pondguy (03-20-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #6
skprbob

Default food service

If your friend is into food service, she might be interested in the M/S Mt. Washington. Inquire at the Weirs Beach office - General Manager Jim Morash or Head Chef Kevin Fisk for details.
skprbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skprbob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #7
winniplayhouse

Here at the Winnipesaukee Playhouse we've just posted a couple of seasonal positions:

Box Office:
​The Winnipesaukee Playhouse is hiring Box Office Representatives for the summer season to provide prompt, friendly, and accurate service for our patrons. Responsibilities include ticket sales, cash management, supervision of staff, and coordination and support of front of house activities. Pay is $8.00 per hour starting June 1st through September 9th. To apply, email resume to jobs@winniplayhouse.org

Concession Stand:
The Winnipesaukee Playhouse is hiring prompt, friendly staff to operate the concession stand prior to and throughout intermission of each performance. Hours are approximately 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM for evening performances and 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM for matinee performances. In some instances, matinees and evening performances are held on the same day. Pay is $8.00 per hour, training begins immediately. To apply, email resume to jobs@winniplayhouse.org
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winniplayhouse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #8
dickiej

What's Facebook?
dickiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:25 AM   #9
wifi

No one in my family is on it either.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #10
jeffk

The thing is, there are many small businesses that have set up a Facebook presence because it is easier and cheaper than setting up a web site. It's easy to post updates and make changes.

I have a Facebook account but don't use it to connect socially. I do use it to access business accounts on Facebook.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #11
DBreskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I can find plenty of other more constructive things to do in my spare time than to be caught up in all this social media nonsense.
Do you mean more constructive things like the Winnipesaukee.com forums, which are social media?
DBreskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DBreskin For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (03-21-2017), Geneva Point (03-21-2017), jkjoshuatree (03-22-2017), joey2665 (03-21-2017), TheRoBoat (03-21-2017), Winnigirl (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBreskin View Post
Do you mean more constructive things like the Winnipesaukee.com forums, which are social media?

I suppose that is a matter of opinion, however there certainly is a social aspect to a forum such as this and to some degree could be classified as the first iteration of "social media" however I would venture to say there is a big difference between participating in open conversation in a medium such as this versus cataloging one's entire life online. I happen to think it's just plain creepy and borderline pathetic. Clearly I am in the minority but I have one big reason for not doing it, once that stuff is out there you have zero control over where it is, how long it is there (more than likely archived indefinitely), who has access to it and let's face it there are plenty of nefarious characters out there who now have a treasure trove of information all provided willingly by those who participate in it. No thanks! If you honestly believe this stuff is private and secure well that is laughable to say the least.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
wifi (03-22-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #13
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Me neither!

LOL, what do you think this is?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #14
jkjoshuatree

Default Thank You!

Thank you for the replies that pertained to my question!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #15
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Me neither!

If this was tongue in cheek so be it. But I dont see a smiley emoji so I'm guessing its not. Hate to inform you but you are caught up because THIS IS SOCIAL MEDIA NONSENSE.