Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
Twox48

Default Parking at Center Harbor?

Just curious if anyone can tell me...

Can I leave my trailer alone in the parking lot above the tennis courts at Center Harbor for 2 hours while I go get my boat?

I want to pull my boat this Saturday however logistics will be a bit difficult as my wife does not feel comfortable driving the trailer to meet me at the Center Harbor ramp.

I was hoping I could tow my trailer over, disconnect it in the parking lot and drive back to Laconia to get my boat. My wife could then drive my truck (without the trailer) back to Ctr Harbor to meet me and the boat. I could dock my boat then hitch the trailer and remove the boat.

Will I have an issue if I leave my trailer without the truck attached? Just for an hour or 2 at the most.

2009 H260 5.7GXi Volvo Penta
Twox48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Phantom

Quick thought is to ask the folks at Center Harbour Hotel ............. they may allow you to leave it in their lot given your predicument

Old 09-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twox48 View Post
Just curious if anyone can tell me...

Can I leave my trailer alone in the parking lot above the tennis courts at Center Harbor for 2 hours while I go get my boat?

I want to pull my boat this Saturday however logistics will be a bit difficult as my wife does not feel comfortable driving the trailer to meet me at the Center Harbor ramp.

I was hoping I could tow my trailer over, disconnect it in the parking lot and drive back to Laconia to get my boat. My wife could then drive my truck (without the trailer) back to Ctr Harbor to meet me and the boat. I could dock my boat then hitch the trailer and remove the boat.

Will I have an issue if I leave my trailer without the truck attached? Just for an hour or 2 at the most.
Honestly, wouldn't it just be easier to pay the $20.00 launch fee at place closer to Laconia like Fays or Silver Sands and be done with it??...

Just a thought.

Dan
Old 09-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
DPatnaude

Center Harbor trailer parking regulations: http://www.centerharbornh.org/sites/...ulations_0.pdf

No requirement to keep your vehicle with the trailer. No mention of time int he Center Harbor regs, but Meredith allows trailer parking up to 72 hours. Permit required after 72 hours.
DPatnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #5
Twox48

Default Got my answer...

Per the Center Harbor Police, it will be fine to leave the trailer at the "Day Parking" lot behind the basketball courts (not tennis courts as I mistakenly referred to originally) while I retrieve my boat.
Looks like I'll be good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Honestly, wouldn't it just be easier to pay the $20.00 launch fee at place closer to Laconia like Fays or Silver Sands and be done with it??...

Just a thought.

Dan
Dan,
It has nothing to do with saving $20. The proximity of the ramp is of little to no matter to me. Sure a ramp next door would be nice, but there's not one there! My wife is just not comfortable towing a 25ft trailer and having a company truck limits who else can drive it. Nor does she pilot our boat alone, so if I want to pull the boat this weekend, this is my only option. It looks like an extra trip, but thankfully it can be done.

2009 H260 5.7GXi Volvo Penta
Twox48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
rick35

Could you use the Meredith launch at Shep Browns? You can park your trailer in the upper dirt lot.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote