Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
MRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
Great first post without any factual data. The association is not opposed to the store. The owner of the store has not been sued. The locked gates have been there for 4 years, long before the new owners purchased the store. The store is currently not open due to the new owners inability to get it ready to open, nothing to do with the dock owners. The president is not someone named Hill and the association is well aware of what is going on, unlike yourself.
In the future if you want to participate in this discussion please get your facts straight.
I know and it’s a fact that association has sued the store owners and the court date was 06/17/2020
MRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:08 PM   #2
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRA View Post
I know and it’s a fact that association has sued the store owners and the court date was 06/17/2020
Possibly the prior owner but really a stretch to see this against the current owner. Guy has spent a ton of money on the place. Hope he makes it best wishes for a good start. From the sound of it he hopes to open next weekend in some capacity.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (06-21-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
FlyingScot

To continue with the good fun of speculating with only shreds of information--There were surveyors on site on 6/18--on the store side, lake side, and in the road. This struck me as unusual at the time, but it would be consistent with a legal tussle of who is allowed where.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #4
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
To continue with the good fun of speculating with only shreds of information--There were surveyors on site on 6/18--on the store side, lake side, and in the road. This struck me as unusual at the time, but it would be consistent with a legal tussle of who is allowed where.
I saw this as well. Not sure what that is about but there was an accident in that area a couple weeks ago and with the store getting ready to open wondering if they are putting in flashing lights or something? People coming down that hill from 20 Mile Bay area are often well over the speed limit by the time hit the bottom of that hill.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #5
Just Wonderin

Default Possible answer to survey

A crosswalk is currently being considered. Maybe that's what you saw. A few years ago, the Boat Owners Association tried to get a crosswalk approved for the safety of all who crossed the road. It got down to the final stages but the vote to approve maintaining the crosswalk did not pass at the town meeting. The crosswalk is now back on the table for consideration with the full support of the boat owners and area merchants.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Wonderin For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-22-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2020, 10:04 PM   #6
chasedawg

Quote:
Why are people putting a negative spin on all that is going with the store trying to open. And hopefully soon.

DOT is out surveying for a potential CROSSWALK.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (06-23-2020), Just Wonderin (06-26-2020), WinniCacher (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #7
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Why are people putting a negative spin on all that is going with the store trying to open. And hopefully soon.

DOT is out surveying for a potential CROSSWALK.
I did not mean for my post to be a negative spin, and I don't read it that way now either. Nor do I think any of these posts will hurt sales at Pier 19. Nobody has said that the owner's done anything wrong or that the store is in anyway a problem. I wish the best for the new owner, and I will be there to shop soon after opening
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #8
chasedawg

Quote:
I did not mean for my post to be a negative spin, and I don't read it that way now either. Nor do I think any of these posts will hurt sales at Pier 19. Nobody has said that the owner's done anything wrong or that the store is in anyway a problem. I wish the best for the new owner, and I will be there to shop soon after opening
FlyingScot. No I didn't think your post was negative at all. I thought it was helpful and supportive. It's others especially the first time posters. Someone is trying to cause unnecessary confusion. Not sure why.

We all are pulling for the store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (06-23-2020), ishoot308 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #9
TFP

I am amongst those strongly rooting for the store. However, I am concerned about it’s prospects without access to the dock that all previous iterations of the store had. I know the dock is owned by the association and that they installed shark diving cage style doors on the dock to limit access and protect their boats. But with that door in place and no agreement on the use of the dock how will the business be able to survive?

I know the pier is open to the public but the space not taken up by the fire boat and other permanent fixtures on the dock is very limited.

And lastly, I realize there have been multiple first time commenters on this thread and that I will appear as one as well but I want to make it clear I have no connection to any parties involved. I’ve read the forum for years without ever feeling the urge to put my two cents in. But as an islander who misses a store close by that doesn’t require getting in a car, I’m interested to see how this plays out.
TFP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TFP For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-24-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #10
CowTimes

I also hope that the store is highly successful. I hope that the new owners are able to have offerings that will attract the year-round business that the store probably needs (and that are missing in that area).

I think there were posts on the forum in the past of how the gates were installed because of theft from the boats of the dock owners. I certainly don’t begrudge them for doing what they needed to do to secure their boats since that entire dock is their private property. And that was obviously known when the new store owner bought. It’s just a shame the gates were even needed.

I believe there is a project for the town-owned pier to make improvements that would increase public access. This was raised at several Tuftonboro board of Selectmen meetings, but not sure where that currently stands, as they were having issues with the state and DES over the repairs/improvements.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CowTimes For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (06-24-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #11
TheTimeTraveler

Default Pier 19 New Ownership

So Pier 19 has been operating under the new ownership for about six months now.

This is the first time that Pier 19 has actually been open during the winter in many years; has anyone heard how their business is doing?

I know they spent a huge amount of money getting up and operating so I am hoping they'll do okay so they will be serving the community for many years to come.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:15 AM   #12
DEJ

Quote:
There was a court date on 6/17/2020, it had nothing to do with the association suing the store owners. The facts are differences between them are being worked out amicably. Please do not spread rumors. Thank you.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
bkelly13 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #13
chasedawg

Quote:
Oh great. Here we go again. Enough. If you feel it is necessary for you to post negative comments about the store please identify your source. Why are these first posters posting this stuff? Yes there was a hearing to make sure the parties were able to communicate any differences.

I originally started this post back sometime early 2020 to help promote the store and it's success. If one would go back and read some posts I asked all of you what would you suggest to the new store owners what would you like to see them do that would make you keep coming back. There were some great ideas.

I have been a charter member of Pier 19 condo Association. This has turned into potential damaging and negative posts from these first timer posters that can only hurt the stores success. Who and where is this coming from? It seems these posters are trying to cause issues that are not helping the stores success. The new owner told me she have never owned or operated a store no less a grocery store. She is well aware of the store past history but yet she has invested a great deal of money to make the store look great again.

Please stop this nonsense. I hope the store will open soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Grant (06-23-2020), WinniCacher (06-23-2020)