Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
mswlogo

Default Jetsurf

Iím surprised I have not heard or seen one of these on the lakes.

Has anyone seen one these self motorized wake boards (gas or electric, foil or no foil), ride one or know dealers in the area?

Iíd seriously like to get an electric one but want to test ride first.

Also anyone know if any legal bumps regarding these.

This looks like the most established brand in USA

https://jetsurfusa.com

There are companies that make hydrofoil ones too (efoils). They are much heavier and more awkward to get to the water. But they go much further due to increased efficiency. But they are way more dangerous too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0IeVKpP-4
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,118 Times in 701 Posts
Default Another thread?

I could (almost) swear there was another thread on these a few months ago, but no use on Winnipesaukee.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
Winilyme

This was the first year we've seen e-foils on Winni but haven't yet seen those jet boards. In fact, I didn't know they existed until seeing your video.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
MeredithMan

Default There's an e-foil in Meredith Bay somewhere

This past summer we saw an e-foil out almost every day, (wind and waves permitting), here in Meredith Bay. Pretty cool to watch.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Question ... bow numbers & sticker required?

Because these Jet Surf Electrics have an electric motor they need to be registered, with registration bow numbers and yearly sticker that's visible to see just like a jetski or a boat with an engine or a kayak with an electric motor.

If it has a motor like this then it needs to get registered in N.H. and display the bow numbers and sticker.

So, where do you attach the bow numbers? It needs a vertical plate attached to the bow, or somewhere, designed to display bow numbers on both sides big enough to display the bow numbers and sticker.

Is this correct, or is this incorrect? So, how do the NH boat registration-bow number rules apply to a Jet Surf Electric?

The www.jetsurfusa.com has four different pre-owned jetsurfs for sale at prices from $8,000 to $13,000 and these are all a couple-three years old. So, for that type of money, these DEFINITELY want to require a bow numbers registration and NH sticker.

...... blah-blah-blah ...... I rest my case! ......
Old 10-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #6
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Because these Jet Surf Electrics have an electric motor they need to be registered, with registration bow numbers and yearly sticker that's visible to see just like a jetski or a boat with an engine or a kayak with an electric motor.

If it has a motor like this then it needs to get registered in N.H. and display the bow numbers and sticker.

So, where do you attach the bow numbers? It needs a vertical plate attached to the bow, or somewhere, designed to display bow numbers on both sides big enough to display the bow numbers and sticker.

Is this correct, or is this incorrect? So, how do the NH boat registration-bow number rules apply to a Jet Surf Electric?
FLL, I'm disappointed in you. OBVIOUSLY you super glue an extra thick foam noodle around the perimeter of the subject unit and that should give you enough vertical surface area to mount the numbers/stickers. Light weight, multiple colors and extra flotation for an emergency situation.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #7
MeredithMan

Default $$$

...so this thread intrigued me to finally read about these e-foil boards. They are not cheap...upwards of $10-12K. And, it seems that the learning process involves quite a bit of falling, at speeds of 10-20MPH. Yikes!

Would be great to hear input from anyone who has actually used one or bought one....
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,137 Times in 778 Posts

We have them in Winter Harbor. I am not sure if it is exactly like those but they are self motorized wake boards.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #9
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
FLL, I'm disappointed in you. OBVIOUSLY you super glue an extra thick foam noodle around the perimeter of the subject unit and that should give you enough vertical surface area to mount the numbers/stickers. Light weight, multiple colors and extra flotation for an emergency situation.
..... a foam noodle style, bow numbers mount or something ...... sounds like a good design!

These jet-surfs supposedly will go 33 to 40-mph which seems incredibly fast for using a self-propelled wake board that weighs about 50-lbs ....... weeeeeooooo!!! ...

Do electric or gasoline motorized jet boards need to get registered in New Hampshire?

https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/boating/

"Which boats? All motorized vessels of any size must be registered, in addition to sailboats and sailboards 12 feet or longer."

So, is a motorized jet board considered to be a vessel requiring registration or is it maybe just a super crazy fast, 40-mph water toy, and does not require registration? ....... weeeeoooooo ..... too much fun to not need a registration for some price like $80 plus that brings up the issue of insurance specific to the one jetboard ..... ..... at 40-mph these things look like they is a personal injury collision just waiting to happen?

How about that ...... is a good question ...... registration-yes ....... or, registration-no?

www.radinn.com ...... #1 motorized electric surfboard ..... research and product development in Malmo, Sweden ...... made in China or someplace .... click on the Radinn-Make Waves video ..... a factory inspirational sales video from the Volvo of jet boards

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-10-2021 at 10:14 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:52 PM   #10
NHskier

Parafunalia had an e-foil out front for display earlier in the week when I stopped in. I was surprised to see how small it actually was, both in height and length.
mswlogo (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 02:36 AM   #11
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHskier View Post
Parafunalia had an e-foil out front for display earlier in the week when I stopped in. I was surprised to see how small it actually was, both in height and length.
Ooh. Thatís good to know, thanks. I bought my air chair and my slalom ski there years ago.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #12
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
...so this thread intrigued me to finally read about these e-foil boards. They are not cheap...upwards of $10-12K. And, it seems that the learning process involves quite a bit of falling, at speeds of 10-20MPH. Yikes!

Would be great to hear input from anyone who has actually used one or bought one....
We rented some in Turks and Caicos was awesome to see how much power they had, we were able to take them from shore all the way out to the shipwreck. lift foils brand, they were quick in showing us how to use them, took us maybe 10 minutes to fully learn… disclaimer we both grew up skatboarding, ocean surf, wake surf, wakeboard, waterski, etc and are comfortable on boards

Had 90 minute battery life.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:38 AM   #13
Merrymeeting

Looks like these guys could help you try or learn in the Lakes Region.

https://www.wmur.com/article/new-ham...waves/37621495
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:17 PM   #14
mswlogo

Turns out you can book a TestRide for $149 down in Warwick RI with JetSurf
I'm gonna try, but it might be to late for this season.
Sure could have done it today though. Few boats out there skiing / surfing today.