Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2015, 06:13 AM   #1
dpg

Default New Furnace

Who in the area sells/installs new furnaces? It's a gas unit and at 40 yrs old I'm more and more nervous every winter. Working ok still but I'm sure there's WAY more efficient units out there also. Found a huge consumption difference with a new natural gas unit at home in Mass. Wondering about companies whose website(s) I can search for product offerings, prices, etc. Thank you!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:42 AM   #2
pjard

Try Squam Lakes Plumbing and Heating. Sorry but I don't have the number handy but I'm sure you can find it online. Ask for Reece.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjard For This Useful Post:
dpg (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
LakeSnake

Just had a new furnace (oil) and central AC installed by Total Climate Control. I am in Alton. Prompt return call, estimate was spot on and given in the first meeting with salesmen. Installer was very knowlegable, friendly and was open to any questions. I have no negative feedback at all.
FYI they installed all the heat/air in the new medical center - down by the rotary/Hannafords.

Number is :603-753-2728

Feel free to PM if you have more questions.
dpg (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Jeff Seymour in Laconia

Very knowledgeable in high efficiency gas boilers/burners and excellent installation! Most if not all the gas boilers in our associations, which were the most efficient boilers back in the 70's were replaced by newer technology that senses the outside temperature and adjust the heating accordingly. Give Jeff a call.

The Mitsubishi split heat pump works well with these boilers, 'talking' to each other to give you the most economical comfort!

Second on the list is Don Morin, the owner my be approaching his 90's, he's very knowledgeable in his field.

Both are honest to a fault.
dpg (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
TriDad

Default Stafford Oil

I just had a new Biasi boiler installed by Stafford Oil. Excellent service and seems to run about 40% more efficient than the 20 yr old boiler it replaced.

https://www.staffordoil.com/
TriDad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TriDad For This Useful Post:
dpg (08-25-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #6
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
I just had a new Biasi boiler installed by Stafford Oil. Excellent service and seems to run about 40% more efficient than the 20 yr old boiler it replaced.

https://www.staffordoil.com/
Yes why I want to start looking my savings at home a month is literally paying my (interest free loan) every month. My only complaint when it acts up it's so high tech and efficient not everyone knows the technology.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #7
dpg

Who does Jeff Seymour work for I cannot seem to find anything by Google.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
tummyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Yes why I want to start looking my savings at home a month is literally paying my (interest free loan) every month. My only complaint when it acts up it's so high tech and efficient not everyone knows the technology.
I've had a Biasi oil boiler for 10 years. Runs perfect. Only technology is the burner unit. As long as the service people have a digital meter, they can set the boiler perfectly for top notch efficiency. As a matter of fact, the digital stuff is extremely easy to use. Just make sure they have and bring the digital meter when you have the boiler cleaned. I loved my Biasi so much I had one installed in my MA home. Top quality castings.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:11 AM   #9
TheProfessor

Quote:
Who in the area sells/installs new furnaces? It's a gas unit and at 40 yrs old I'm more and more nervous every winter. Working ok still but I'm sure there's WAY more efficient units out there also.
Propane?
Doesn't look like the poster is seeking boiler advice.

I have two propane furnaces in two homes. One 30 years old and one a few years old.
The newer one requires more maintenance.
The older one just keeps running and running year after year.
The older one has only a few parts that can fail. The heat exchanger, the AC blower motor, and the thermocouple. I replace the thermocouple every couple of years during routine maintenance. It's an inexpensive part.

You don't state what brand the old one is. Check to see if parts are still available. If not, then maybe think about replacement. All parts are still available for my older propane furnace.

The new ones that are high efficiency have all sorts of electronic parts and circuit boards. All of these parts can fail. There are no more pilot gas furnaces so there has to be some sort of electronic ignition or "glow plug". That item can and does fail.

I have had 7 service calls on the newer furnace and only one service call on the older furnace. And that service call for the older furnace was a failed original thermocouple - why now I replace thermocouple ever two years during Summer maintenance.

Whatever you do get a brand name that is well known to all service people/gas companies. I'd skip the super efficient as way too complicated. Some have to vent directly to the outside and not the chimney. Higher installation costs. And if the vent is directly to the outside you have to keep snow cleared at the outside vent area.

Bottom line. I worry more about the newer furnace then I do about the older furnace.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #10
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Who does Jeff Seymour work for I cannot seem to find anything by Google.
http://www.yellowpages.com/laconia-n...4?lid=10783944
dpg (08-26-2015)