Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
Bear Guy

Default Benson Signs Anti-Skimming Law, a.k.a. MA vs. NH???

"Skimming snowmobiles over open water will be prohibited beginning Jan. 1."

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/politi...67/detail.html

Last edited by Bear Guy; 05-25-2004 at 09:53 AM. Reason: change of topic
Bear Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 AM   #2
Mink Islander

Default Other changes that affect Snowmobilers too

If you read the whole article, the better news is that NH tightened the laws surrounding reporting accidents and increased penalties for leaving the scene of an accident.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #3
nightrider

how long will it be before the state slogan is removed from the license plate?
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:34 AM   #4
Tyler

Default Good point nightrider

I think we are finally seeing the affects of recent years of high influx of Mass. people into the lakes region. Sad.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:58 AM   #5
madrasahs

Default You can still Live Free and Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider
Just register your skimmer as a boat -- skim all summer and winter.

madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2004, 06:47 AM   #6
Pepper

Default Attn: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
I think we are finally seeing the affects of recent years of high influx of Mass. people into the lakes region. Sad.
Tyler, skimming has absolutely nothing to do with a person's state of origin - there is no evidence that skimmers are primarily from Mass, or NH or anywhere else for that matter. Skimming has been going on for as many years as they've been making machines fast enough to do it, and people foolish enough to try it. Please don't make this into another topic of "us" vs. "them". We've got too much cross-state-lines bashing as it is.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:04 AM   #7
SIKSUKR

I agree Pepper.I'm a born and bred granite stater but I hate the Mass vs NH thing.Find somewhere else to throw stones please. SS
Old 05-06-2004, 08:48 AM   #8
jrc

Default New slogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider
If you're skimming in icy water, the new slogan will be "Live, Freeze and Die"
(I can't take credit for this, I heard it from a Dartmouth student)
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:38 AM   #9
B R

Default skimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Tyler, skimming has absolutely nothing to do with a person's state of origin - there is no evidence that skimmers are primarily from Mass, or NH or anywhere else for that matter. Skimming has been going on for as many years as they've been making machines fast enough to do it, and people foolish enough to try it. Please don't make this into another topic of "us" vs. "them". We've got too much cross-state-lines bashing as it is.

i believe what tyler is talking about here is not the people who are doing the skimming, but the people who are bringing votes like this to the floor and making it law. he's pointing out that the more people from Mass who move up to NH, the more silly laws will be placed on the good residents of NH.

__________________________________________________ __________
born in NH, grew up in NH, currently living in Mass and vacationing in NH.
B R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:28 AM   #10
Tired of Waiting

Thumbs down

Quote:

SHEEEEEssssssssssssss, This bashing gets old.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:08 PM   #11
Zee

Default I agree with Tyler

I agree with Tyler. The influx of Mass. liberal voters is bound to have an effect either positive or negative on the NH lifestyle to some extent. I for one hope that NH keeps it's uniqueness. That's why I'm relocating up here. Born in NH, raised in NH and Mass, live in Mass. but a darn good conservative republican!
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:36 PM   #12
Fancy

Wink

"good" and "conservative republican" all in one sentence??? Yikes!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:58 PM   #13
madrasahs

Default Nuance needed...

Quote:
This Massachusetts bashing gets old. There's no place here for unimaginative and negative thoughts.

You need training in nuance!

Doesn't Massachusetts have lakes?

Old 05-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #14
nightrider

"Just register your skimmer as a boat -- skim all summer and winter."

I already register 3 sleds at $67 each, and I can't skim...period. Remember the law that started this thread?
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #15
meredith necker

Default Mass people

I really don't understand what you're talking about. NH has had a continuing influx of people from Mass and other states for the last probably 50 or 60 years, there's nothing new in this. I don't think they can all be classified as liberal or all of them conservative. And why a skimming law in May????
meredith necker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #16
GWC...

Wink Hmmmmmm...

I may be wrong; but I do believe the Mass influx, including the Jordan Marsh family of Boston fame (married the boss's daughter), extends beyond 50 - 60 years.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #17
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWC...
I may be wrong; but I do believe the Mass influx, including the Jordan Marsh family of Boston fame (married the boss's daughter), extends beyond 50 - 60 years.
Wait a minute, are you saying that most of New Hampshire was once Massachusetts?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:35 PM   #18
GWC...

Wink No, NH and Mass history does...

... at least to a point three miles north of Endicott Rock (1906 photo) at Weirs Beach; but later it receded to the Endicott Tree - the Governor spelled his name with one T, interestingly.

Also, the NH border extended westward to the Hudson River (NY border) - Vermont did not exist, originally and the NH territory was known as Laconia.

Then again, the northern part of NH split and became a separate country - Indian Stream Nation, for a little while.

A little history about some NH people.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #19
Paugus Bay Resident

Don't forget too, that until 1820 Maine was part of Massachusetts. Nothing to do with this thread, but interesting history.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:36 PM   #20
KBoater

Wink More History

Great NH stuff. I'm still looking for Lake Winnie folk lore for children.
Maybe you should start a history tread.
KBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:20 AM   #21
madrasahs

Exclamation Vermont, Democrats, Nazis, still more history...

Vermont was sliced away from New Hampshire by George III just before The Revolution.

New Hampshire was, however, granted all of the river that divides them (the Connecticut River) and the islands in it, so Vermont townlines begin on their side at the water's edge instead of the middle of the river as in other states.

A must-locate-book for hikers of the Adirondacks of New York, the Green Mountains of Vermont, the White Mountains of New Hampshire or the mountains of Maine, is a book printed during WWII, The Gentle Mountains***.

It states on one page, "...this is a nice little Vermont trail, not well known even to the local villagers. You'll see fewer hikers on this trail than Democrats at Vermont polls."

***The back flyleaf states: "Don't let Nazi generals and Japanese Imperialists ruin our green mountains with their get-away castles. Buy U.S. War Bonds".

Last edited by madrasahs; 05-09-2004 at 07:23 AM. Reason: "out" to "our"
Old 05-16-2004, 08:39 PM   #22
the real laze

Default What's that flushing sound???

It's this state going down the toilet. Aren't laws supposed to protect the general public from others' actions? How does this law fit? The prevents the individual from harming themselves? I'm sorry that is NOT the governments job. What's next, padded rooms for everyone mandated by law? Common Benson, stand up for what this state use to stand for, squash this, I for one am very disappointed. File this one up there with mandatory seat belt laws. IF you're not intelligent enough to understand the laws of Physics you deserve the consiquences. Kind of like if you don't understand that snowmobiles don't float, um hello. Okay it costs the state and towns money, make it like the lost hiker rules, you get lost, you foot the bill for recovery.

*steps down of his soap box and zips his flame retardant suit*
Old 05-16-2004, 09:12 PM   #23
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

To quote our forefather Benjamin Franklin “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
How much freedom do people have to give up to ensure the safety of a few?
I subscribe to the Darwin theory: Survival of the fittest.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:21 AM   #24
Tired of Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
To quote our forefather Benjamin Franklin “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
How much freedom do people have to give up to ensure the safety of a few?
I subscribe to the Darwin theory: Survival of the fittest.
Ah yes a writing I can agree with.

And just think of all the money and trouble of having search and rescue units that will be saved. They won't be needed any more. Yes "survival of the fitest". And don't give me the ol "well they didn't cause it so they should be helped, remember "survival of the fittest". And then we could get rid of most of the free health care given out, after all "survival of the fittest" If you ain't fit then you don't survive.

I cold go on but won't.

ToW
Old 05-18-2004, 11:43 AM   #25
madrasahs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
essential, adj. 1) absolutely necessary; indispensable.

Old 05-18-2004, 12:12 PM   #26
The Eagle

Default Mass, NH, ?

Hi Gang,
Something is wrong with this group of threads. It doesn't matter where the person comes from, or who votes for what. Sometimes, people who lack common sence, NEED someone to protect them. Why not put wheels on boats and drive them down the highway? Why not drive air planes on the highway? They have wheels don't they? Boats are made for water, planes for the sky, and snowmobiles for snow. They are called SNOWMobiles for a reason. I have a PWC, but I can't take that on the snow. You Bash Mass residents for their bringing MA Politics up to NH, and you ask, when will NH change it's slogan. "Live Free or Die", right? You DO have a right to do as you want, but what about the poor man or woman just trying to support thier family doing their job. (What do I mean by that?) How about the Firefighter, or Rescue Worker who gets killed trying to pull your dumb butt out of the lake when you sink you snowmobile in the water. What about your own family that has to bury you when your foolishness costs them a husband, or father, brother, sister, or son, or daughter. You have a right to freedom, but no one bashes a policeman who talks down a "Jumper" from a bridge or building. Why not just let them jump? Why not let someone burn when they are caught in a buring building if they caused to catch fire?Common Sence guys, Common Sence. You are having fun, but you could cost someone else their life. Would you be able to live with that?
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #27
Rattlesnake Gal

Default Laws for our own good

People should be in charge of their own lives. Not the state or government. This is just opening the door for other laws that are “for our own good.”
Do you want mandatory use of personal floatation devices at all times when on our boats? No thanks. I would prefer to keep the choice. People die each year because they weren't using one. Again, they knew the risk.
I would guess that more people are killed each year from cancer as a result of cigarette smoking. Do they ban that? My mother happens to smoke, but if it takes her life it was her own fault. I will be heartbroken, but she knew the consequences.
Rescue personnel should not have to risk their lives when someone knowingly puts them self in danger doing something outrageous.
I don’t smoke and I use my seat belt because it is the smart thing to do. When it is dangerously rough water, I use my PFD. Common sense is the key. If I had a snow machine, I would not skim.
Have you seen the books published each year called the Darwin Awards? Just from the stupid things people do in a year, the list of potential laws for their protection would be colossal.
Do we really want to give away our freedom to live the way we choose? The government does not know best.
This is my opinion, which I am entitled to on the subject of laws like the Anti-Skimming Law. It is not about MA vs. NH. I am sorry to those people who do not agree with me. You are entitled to your opinion. I love this country and our freedom! I just want it to stay free like our forefathers intended.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #28
NHLaker

Default Anti-Skimming

Wellsaid Rattlesnake Girl. While it's unfortunate that people have to make it a border war, I kind of understand that some people (myself included) get very emotional about certain topics and sometimes say things that aren't true said in the "heat of the moment" or say things that hurt others in order to try and prove their point. In most cases it just makes you look ignorant or flat out stupid (in general, not labling anybody here). However, in the interest of debate and "freedom of speech" that's their right. My personal opinion about that when I see someone skimming, my first thought is "wow is that person dumb". While I don't know the individual and am not necessarily attacking their intelligence, when you constantly read about these deaths *skimming related* in the paper, you just ask yourself "why do they still do it?" But I guess you could say why does someone smoke, why does someone drive drunk, why does someone do drugs, you could go on and on. As long as they don't hit me when I'm ice fishing while they 'skim', I stay out of it. There are obviously exceptions to these rules. And while it's sad that a diver might die trying to rescue one of these "idiots", they also signed on to that job knowing the risks, the same as a fireman, police officer and as we are reminded of every day by the liberal media, our soldiers. They are all special people that put the lives of others before their own so others can live, be safe and be free. While this notion is not perfect, I think this country's done a pretty decent job of advancing this theory. My dad rides a motorcycle and chooses not to wear a helmet and while my mom, sister and myself don't like that, it's his freedom to do so. NH is one of a few states that don't have a mandatory helmet law, you could call my dad stupid knowing the risks and still doing it, but he has the right and knows the risks and if he is to crash and a helmet could've saved him, my family will be sad, but what can you do? Anyway, I feel like I'm roaming off topic. I guess my point is that laws or restrictions won't do anything with most people, people will still do it and if they do, they submit that they know the risks and accept responsibility for whatever happens. Live free and accept responsibility is I guess what I'm getting to. I'm new to the board and don't want to step on anybody's toes. I know how P.C. people are today so I hope I havn't offended anybody too bad. I'm just exercising my right to the First Amendment. Take it easy....

NHLaker
NHLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #29
madrasahs

Angry Not a border war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
"Hi Gang, Something is wrong with this group of threads. It doesn't matter where the person comes from...."
Oh? I respectfully disagree.

Last month, a poll of 16,000 drivers rated Massachusetts drivers the 50th-worst-state. "The worst of the worst".

http://www.iberkshires.com/story.php?story_id=13947

You may want to familiarize yourself with the "new" driving attitudes:

http://www.worcestermass.com/driving.shtml

On Winnipesaukee, they bring their driving "talents and attitudes" to us. It is a border war, and it has been brought to us.

Last edited by madrasahs; 05-24-2004 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Add /
Old 05-24-2004, 07:46 PM   #30
Mink Islander

Default Troll?

I've seen plenty of idiots with NH plates -- one hit me in Meredith last year. Perhaps you could stop the juvenile state bashing, really doesn't belong here.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:28 PM   #31
Mee-n-Mac

Exclamation Car density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander
I've seen plenty of idiots with NH plates -- one hit me in Meredith last year.
Last year I did a litttle survey on who (ID'ed by plate) was more rude, MA or NH drivers. When I was in MA the majority of people who tailgated or cut me off were from MA. When in NH it was NH'ers, and about the same percentage too. Seemed to be more related to the density of cars per mile of road than anything else. People learn to be competitive in a competitive situation I'd guess ? Other than MA and NH plates, then next most frequent offenders were NY. Then again they're probably Yankee fans and so what else could you expect
Old 05-25-2004, 06:39 AM   #32
Skip

Default pointless MASS bashing

The so called survey referenced to preface the attack on individuals from Massachussetts was really no survey at all. It was an entertainment piece done by Speed Channel over a period of several weeks conducted clearly with tongue deeply in cheek.

It is unfortunate that this bashing must continually take place on this forum. It is apparent to me that a great number of the positive contributors that make this site so interesting are indeed from other states.

Having grown up in the seacoat region of New Hampshire, while vacationing for years in the Lakes & White Mountain Regional area, I have seen the best and worst of natives & tourists alike.

And my "anecdotal" take? By far the worst behavior I have seen over the years has been conducted by some of my own local Granite staters!

As many of you have pointed out, the tourism industry is a significant & permanent part of New Hampshire's economy. Many in this State realize and appreciate that fact.

I could go on & on with numerous examples of the fallacy of Madrasah's latest post, but it would be pointless, a waste of bandwidth and not likely to change anyone's mind. But let me leave you with an example of one of the many positive examples of the kindness and generosity of our tourist friends.

Like many New Hampshire natives, I love to enjoy the extensive snowmobile trail system we have here. In particular, the club I belong to in the Lakes area has an extensive and beautiful trail system, crossing land owned primarily by gracious local residents.

But who share the lions burden in maintaining these trails and running the club? Who shows up on a regular basis during th off season to blaze trails, fix bridges and negotiate with landowners? Who mans the hut during winter hours when they could be easily out enjoying the fruits of their passions with friends on the trail?

I'll give you a hint....they usually have a distinctive Boston accent!

I hope that I tend to judge people by their conduct and demeanor. Not by the license plate they happen to be sporting that particular time in their life.

I also like to believe that most of the good people that frequent this site tend to do the same, and not discriminate against me because I am fortunate to live, work & play in this beautiful neck of the woods.

As for the minority...oh well, time & the family friendly orientation of this site suggest that I quit writing while I am ahead!

See you all on the Lake this summer, we'll be the family from New Hampshire waving to all of our valued guests!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:17 AM   #33
madrasahs

Question "Let's shoot the messenger..."

Quote:
I've seen plenty of idiots with NH plates -- one hit me in Meredith last year.
'Looking forward to the completion of your poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
The so called survey...was really no survey at all. It was an entertainment piece done by Speed Channel over a period of several weeks conducted clearly with tongue deeply in cheek.
Bash the 16,561-vote Speed Channel poll? OK.

How about this take from the Auto Insurance industry? (www.aba.com)
Quote:
"Apparently, drivers in Massachusetts aren’t quite as proficient as their peers in other states. Mr. Bernard Nelson cites statistics demonstrating that Mass drivers are involved in accidents at roughly twice the national rate and incur bodily injuries in those accidents at a rate of 35.5 injuries per 100 cars, a record high both in Massachusetts and the country. At the core of all this ineptitude behind the wheel are urban residents and high-risk drivers."
Old 05-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #34
ITD

Default :yawn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasahs

How about this take from the Auto Insurance industry? (www.aba.com)
ABA:
"The American Bankers Association
World-Class Solutions, Leadership and Advocacy Since 1875

Based in Washington, DC, the ABA represents banks of all sizes on issues of national importance for financial institutions and their customers. The ABA, founded in 1875, brings together all categories of banking institutions, including community, regional and money center banks and holding companies, as well as savings associations, trust companies and savings banks"

Unable to follow your link about "auto insurance" to the quote referenced in your message , please clarify.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:49 PM   #35
madrasahs

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD
ABA:
"The American Bankers Association...Unable to follow your link about "auto insurance" to the quote referenced in your message , please clarify."
In HTML:

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache...-drivers&hl=en

I've shortened it to: http://snipurl.com/6o0x

Also available as a .pdf file:

http://www.aba<br /> .com/NR/rdonly...03WEEKLY92.pdf

It's a long article: get some coffee. Or...

Press Ctrl+F, type in worst, plus Alt+F until the subject paragraph turns up.

It can also be found in Google: type in "Massachusetts, worst-drivers". Click onto the 2nd page...look for "in Atlanta" -- three entries above "Dave Barry's Blogsite". If that gives any trouble, there are 746 other entries in Google to read.

It's entertaining -- especially Florida-based Humorist Dave Barry's Blog. He's outraged!!!! Florida should have "won" the "Worst Drivers Award" -- not Massachusetts.

Example: "Florida drivers wait until you get into focus, then they pull out in front of you."

(Of course, Florida boaters don't have such a great record, either).
Old 05-26-2004, 07:21 AM   #36
Mink Islander

Default And this all has exactly what to do with Winnie?

Survey says!?

Not much!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #37
ITD

Default To sum up

NH gov. signs anti-skimming law into effect
NH no longer Live Free or Die
Massachusetts to blame
NH was once Massachusetts
Massachusetts still to blame
"good" and "conservative republican" all in one sentence??? Yikes! (statement ignored in thread, thankfully)
Massachusetts bashing is old
Massachusetts to blame for bashing
Massachusetts drivers are bad
NH drivers just as bad
No, Massachusetts drivers are the worst (questionable statistics referenced)
What does this have to do with Lake? "Not much"
Return to beginning
Repeat
Old 05-26-2004, 08:09 AM   #38
Rattlesnake Gal

Default To sum it up

Funny ITD! This thread did get a bit off topic, but it has been very entertaining.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #39
madrasahs

Arrow We did -- and didn't -- get off topic. Look at Bear Guy's title:

Benson Signs Anti-Skimming Law, a.k.a. MA vs. NH

(There were actually 40 messages -~ quadruple what ITD found).

The link works: http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cach...t-drivers&hl=en, page 3.

Hazards are where they find you -- even at Winnipesaukee.

—The Messenger.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:26 AM   #40
Rattlesnake Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasahs
We did -- and didn't -- get off topic. Look at Bear Guy's title: Benson Signs Anti-Skimming Law, a.k.a. MA vs. NH
Touché, so he did.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:44 AM   #41
Bear Guy

Default Too subtle humor

Good catch madrasahs. In fact, I edited the title of my original post on Tuesday 5/25 from the original Benson Signs Anti-Skimming Law, which is reflected in the Thread title. I added a.k.a. MA vs. NH??? after border bashing ran rampant. This change was a subtle comment on the direction the thread discussion took from my original post, which was only intended to make forum users aware of recent news headlines.
(I was really hoping the whole thread title would change with my edit.)
Old 05-26-2004, 10:08 AM   #42
ITD

I think we strayed, but it was entertaining. I tried to catch the essence of the thread in my last post, so people would not have to go throught the whole thread, sorry if I missed any important points.

How about those Red Sox?
Old 05-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #43
Tired of Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD
I think we strayed, but it was entertaining. I tried to catch the essence of the thread in my last post, so people would not have to go throught the whole thread, sorry if I missed any important points.

How about those Red Sox?
Oh boy,,, Now you've gone and done it.

Bear Guy will have to rename this thread to:

"Benson Signs Anti-Skimming Law, a.k.a. MA vs. NH???, a.k.a Sox vs. Yanks.

Now to your question about "how about those Red Sox?
Answer: Wait till next year.

ToW

P.S. I'm a Sox fan but also a pessimist.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:35 AM   #44
SIKSUKR

Why does this thread keep showing up as"yesterday"when I click on new posts?The last post was on the 18th.Is it me? SS
Old 05-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #45
Pepper

Default Look a little further ...

SS, if you're using the scroll-down box at the top of the thread to see the new posts, the last one in that box shows on 5/18. However, directly underneath that - inside the scroll-down box, is a little note that indicates something like "more threads beyond current window" or something like that. If you click on that, it will show you the rest of the replies in the thread. If you'd like to see just the new posts in a thread, simply click the tiny blue check-mark next to the title of the thread, and it will take you to the first new post since your last log-on. I hope this helps! So many new toys on this forum - it'll take all of us a while to learn how truly slick this new format is!
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #46
Bear Guy

Default Date: Hybrid Mode

You must be viewing the Forum in Hybrid or Threaded Mode. If you scroll to the bottom of the threaded view, you should see a comment that says More replies below current depth.... If you click on this, it will display the rest of the threads that cascade beyond a certain default cascading depth.
You should see that the most recent post was in fact yesterday (well, now today), but it did not show up in the truncated thread view because it is at level 32ish. Default seems to show only messages that are below level 16ish.
I suspect that this highly cascaded hierarchy of messages in this thread are an effect of the NewForum, as in the OldeForum it was easier to tell which message you were replying to. Now, in Linear Mode, the Reply button replies to the most recently posted message.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #47
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Quote vs Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Guy
You must be viewing the Forum in Hybrid or Threaded Mode. {snip} Now, in Linear Mode, the Reply button replies to the most recently posted message.
I didn't know this ! Guess I've always used the "Quote" button on the post I wanted to reply to. This way seems to insure that the response gets sorted and attributed to the desired post.