Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default William Tell Inn - West Alton

I couldn't find anything on this place in the forum. This restaurant serves swiss/german food and got a very good review on TV Diner when Billy Costa visited the lakes region last summer. They also have a Sunday Brunch. Here is an article about a new stained glass window they have recently installed. CLICK HERE for article

Has anyone been?....Comments?......

Last edited by mcdude; 05-22-2005 at 08:50 AM.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
PROPELLER

I dined there once last year with a party of 10 & everyone had a great meal & raved about the whole experience. I would highly recommend giving it a try.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs up William Tell Inn is a Winner

McDude,

I highly recommend the place. The food and service are great. I am German/Swiss, and they make dishes just like "Grossmutter" made. They have a few seafood dishes and other specials for those not familiar with the Swiss cuisine. Most entrees are in the $15 - 20 range, but they have a bargain early bird special for $9.95 during the week from 5 - 6:30. For example, if you order the Wiener Schnitzel on the early bird special you still get the same salad, potato and vegetable portions, but you get 2 cutlets instead of 3 which is still plenty. You also get a nice basket of crusty bread too. The salad is a European style offering - that is a flat plate with servings of shredded carrot, diced beets, a corn salsa & another section of greens with a house dressing arranged on the plate. The Dining room has white stuccoed walls with light wood beams and windows across the back looking out over the back lawns.
I've never had their Sunday brunch, but the dinners are definitely worth the detour. One thing I especially like is that all the meals come to the table piping hot. I don't like it when the food is allowed to cool off while waiting to be brought from the kitchen. You can see the steam coming off everything when it comes to the table.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 05-20-2005 at 11:44 AM.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
donnamatrix

Default I Love William Tell Inn

The appetizer of veal dumplings in cream sauce is to die for. Great food, fair prices, and terrific people who own and run this restaurant. Plus they have a resident 16 year old cat who sleeps on his bed (or anywhere he wants) in the bar!!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #5
gravy boat

Default William Tell

Outstanding food and great atmosphere! I used to work there when they first opened (I was the first employee they hired) and can tell you that the owners are wonderful people. Our family has been dining there for years. And 1 year ago (on May 22) we had our wedding and reception at the William Tell. And I have to say that it was wonderful -- the food, the staff, the hospitality, everything.

And the veal dumplings ARE to die for! Even if you're on a diet, be sure to have some of the farmer's bread served with every meal.

It is also the best deal with the best food for Sunday brunch.

Enjoy!

Gravy
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #6
Lady Di

Default Last time I was there, it was fantastic.

The atmosphere is wonderful, or was, the service was very efficient, and the view was fabulous. My date and I had a window seat, and I watched the sun set over the lake, while we dined on fine wine and schnitzel and a wonderful pickled beet salad.

I would highly recommend it. That is, the restaurant......not the date.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Pam

My husband and I ate at the William Tell a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful, very unique meal- a cheese fondue for two that was great.

I was not particularly impressed with the atmosphere, but loved the fondue. The waitress was very nice also.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:39 AM   #8
mrportjeff

I dined there last summer and had a great time as did my wife and two friends. Food was good and so was the service!
mrportjeff is offline   Reply With Quote