Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
nicole

Default Urologists in Lakes Region

Hi everyone-

Looking for suggestions for a Urologist for my husband. We live in Laconia but would be willing to drive farther for someone who comes with good recommendations.

Thank you very much!

Nicole
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
TheProfessor

Concord Hospital Center For UROlOGY
246 Pleasant Street Suite G2
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 224-3388
I only have experience with Dr. Santis here. Excellent.

I used to go to the one in Laconia located at 85 Spring St. but that MD doctor Urologist left the state under circumstances that may or may not have been because of inquiries from the state board of medicine. 85 Spring Street Laconia is a medical building with many other good doctors.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
nicole (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
nicole

Thank you TheProfessor for your helpful reply-I appreciate it.

Nicole
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
Ropetow

Dr. Egbert Baumgart
Lahey Institute of Urology
Frisbie Medical Building
Rochester, NH
603-742-5011

From personal experience, he is top-notch. PM me if you want more info.
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ropetow For This Useful Post:
nicole (01-05-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Argie's Wife

Default American Industry shouldn't include Rumor Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Concord Hospital Center For UROlOGY
246 Pleasant Street Suite G2
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 224-3388
I only have experience with Dr. Santis here. Excellent.

I used to go to the one in Laconia located at 85 Spring St. but that MD doctor Urologist left the state under circumstances that may or may not have been because of inquiries from the state board of medicine. 85 Spring Street Laconia is a medical building with many other good doctors.
Please... please.... be careful about what you say about others and their reputation. Unless you have a reputable source (such as a court docket, case law, or maybe even a newspaper article), you should consider the damage you may do by posting rumors.

Peace.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
nicole

Thank you to upthesaukee, Ropetow and Gusman. Also thank you to those who sent private messages-they were much appreciated.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
songkrai

There are many fine doctors associated with Laconia Hospital. And the two clinics. One on N. Main street. And one opposite Hart's Turkey Farm restaurant in Meredith - the new building.

Last edited by songkrai; 01-05-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
KBoater

Default Dr Scott Fabozzi

I recently had a kidney removed by Dr Scott Fabozzi at Concord Hospital.
603-224-3388

I highly recommend him.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Please... please.... be careful about what you say about others and their reputation. Unless you have a reputable source (such as a court docket, case law, or maybe even a newspaper article), you should consider the damage you may do by posting rumors.

Peace.
I did not mention any names. Plus I stated other doctors at this location are good.

The doctor urologist in question is listed here and this is a public record.

LINK

The doctor urologist in question was part of a partnership located at 85 Spring Street. The doctor urologist left the state of New Hamphire and moved to Sante Fe, NM. Read up my good neighbor.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Excellent website.

I can tell you one doctor in Laconia on this website still practice medicine in Laconia. Whatever the settlement agreement was, it did not go well with a lot of his former patients that was mistreated.
TheProfessor (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I can tell you one doctor in Laconia on this website still practice medicine in Laconia. Whatever the settlement agreement was, it did not go well with a lot of his former patients that was mistreated.
I was a patient of said MD doctor urologist located at 85 Spring Street Laconia. In my case only said MD doctor urologist began to recommend medical procedures that were not needed. I became so concerned I went to medical records and obtained a complete copy of such then to X-Ray and took all my X-Rays. I found another MD urologist in Keene, NH for a 2nd opinion. And I was advised by this 2nd MD urologist that the prescribed medial (hospital) treatment was not necessary. I then visited my primary care physician and asked for a referral to another urologist outside away from Laconia.

And as stated above the name is posted of good current MD doctor urologist located in Concord, NH.

In my case the former MD doctor urologist located at 85 Spring Street Laconia was performing or attempting to perform medical hostpital treatments that were not necessary and by doing such obtaining more payments from health insurance company. I contacted the state Board of Medicine. And apparently I was not the only one.

Note: I know and have met others who used to have this former MD doctor urologist located at 85 Spring Street Laconia and all that I spoke with just loved this MD doctor urologist. He was apparently a "nice" guy.

In my experience with any MD doctors the "nice" guy or gal is not always the best doctor and just because any MD doctor is a "nice" guy or gal does not mean that one is obtaining good proper medical treatment and care.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
Newbiesaukee

I followed the link to the board of medicine page describing the action of the board with respect to,the physician. The action had to do with a question of Medicare fraud and nothing to do with some of the comments above. Any Forum member can give his or her opinion about how he/she was treated but I agree with the poster that some caution is advisable when dealing with professional reputations. Besides the discussion is a little off topic. I do not know the physician or anything about his care of patients.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
NBR

I go to Concord Urology.
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #14
Argie's Wife

I'm going to take this just slightly off topic for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
I followed the link to the board of medicine page describing the action of the board with respect to,the physician. The action had to do with a question of Medicare fraud and nothing to do with some of the comments above. Any Forum member can give his or her opinion about how he/she was treated but I agree with the poster that some caution is advisable when dealing with professional reputations. Besides the discussion is a little off topic. I do not know the physician or anything about his care of patients.
I don't see where you get Medicare fraud from "medical record keeping" (see copy from source, below). Am I missing something here? To me, fraud means that someone cooked the books for financial gain but medical record keeping is just that - documentation. This deficiency could have come about human error, poor management, or other means. I'm not justifying the error - don't get me wrong.

Besides, that was in 2005... I assume the physician paid his price for the error, but does he have to continue paying?

Quote:
Nxxxxxx Mxxxxxx, M.D.- Gilford, NH
1/10/05 - The Board of Medicine entered into a Settlement Agreement with Dr. M for professional misconduct regarding medical record keeping. Dr. M is Reprimanded and assessed an administrative fine in the amount of two thousand dollars. Dr. M is required to take a risk management course that covers medical documentation as approved by Lake Regional General Hospital.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #15
Newbiesaukee

Unfortunately, this sort of supports my point. As I do not know the physician in question, based on other information supplied in this thread, I assumed I knew which physician in the long list the link mentioned was the one being referred to. If you are certain of the physicians name from your own knowledge than I am wrong. It won't be the first time if that is the case.

Are you certain it is the Dr. M who is being referred to, as he is a general surgeon still practicing in the area (according to Google). The Doctor I picked from the Board of Medicine list is a urologist.

I've taken this off thread enough.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
TheProfessor

Thanks for bringing us all to the attention of the another MD doctor in Gilford with issues with the state Board of Medicine. That is a different MD doctor.

The original post was about urologists. My responses were about a single urologist who used to practice with a partner located at 85 Spring Street, Laconia. The partner who is still there is still practicing urology and was never charged - to the best of my knowledge - with anything.

The other partner in question. The MD doctor urologist has left the state of New Hampshire and is presently practicing same in New Mexico. That MD doctor urologist was as stated above investigated by the feds and reached a settlement with the NH state Board of Medicine. What were the charges and what was the settlement? Well, anyway, that Laconia urolgist ended up after the settlement with the state of NH Board of Medicine deciding to leave New Hampshire. Certainly some above can give this MD doctor urologist the benefit of the doubt. Was this just a simple paperwork misunderstanding?

With my personal experience with the MD doctor urologist - he almost killed me. With me, I had a scheduled hospital treatment with said urologist. Same day treatment. Said MD doctor urlogist released me from hospital. Within 2 hours I had to dail 911 and be transported back to Laconia Hospital Emergency Room by ambulance. Said Md doctor urologist never came to Emergency Room to check on my condition. My one and only ever trip in an ambulance. At a cost to me of over $1.000.00. Plus as stated above said urologist wanted to perform another same day in hospital treatment again. I obtained a 2nd opinion. Treatment not neeeded and not done. I then found a urologist in Concord and again no treatment needed. Two other MD doctors Urologists stating that treatment is not needed. So what was this MD doctor urologist doing? Doing the same hospital treatment over and over again on same patient and collecting insurance fees for such. Fees for treatment that is not needed. Is that fraud? You tell me.

I'm done with this post. All can reach their own conclusions. Some can think that this doctor urologist only made minor paperwork mistakes - that's fine. Others can read between the lines and comprehend what a "settlement" means. And right after "settlement" said MD doctor urologist left the state of New Hampshire and gave up license to practice medicine in New Hampshire.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
barefootbay

There is also an excellent urologist at the Laconia clinic>Dr. Fernholz.
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote