Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
meredith weekender

Default Crepes, Oh LA LA

Went to Crepes, Ooh La La in Wolfeboro for dessert tonight. The only thing I can say is that is great!!!!! I had a chocolate crepe with a scoop of vaniila ice cream. My wife had a blueberry crepe. The kids had a funky monkey (peanut butter, banana and chocolate chips) and a strawberry cheesecake crepe. The place is incredible and the service is great.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Ms Ooh La La

Thumbs up Appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith weekender View Post
Went to Crepes, Ooh La La in Wolfeboro for dessert tonight. The only thing I can say is that is great!!!!! I had a chocolate crepe with a scoop of vaniila ice cream. My wife had a blueberry crepe. The kids had a funky monkey (peanut butter, banana and chocolate chips) and a strawberry cheesecake crepe. The place is incredible and the service is great.
We really appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks Ms Ooh La La Crepes Ooh La La Wolfeboro, NH
Ms Ooh La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
4Fun

This has become one of my favorite destinations on the lake. I will happily burn $40 worth of gas for a "butter sugar" Crepe.
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
sa meredith

Default sounds good

Walking distance from the docks?
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Absolutely!! If you remember where the Ben & Jerry's used to be in Wolfeboro, that's where Crepes Ooh La La is located now, just down Railroad Ave past Bailey's Bubble! I meant to go there when we were in Wolfeboro on vacation the last week of July but I kept forgetting. Thank god there's still some boating season left in this year!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
4Fun

The lobster crepe is really good
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Fun For This Useful Post:
Ms Ooh La La (08-25-2009)
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Island Girl

Default Ice Cream

The Ice Cream is the best in Wolfeboro!!!!

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Island Girl For This Useful Post:
Ms Ooh La La (08-27-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
Ms Ooh La La

Smile lemonade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
The Ice Cream is the best in Wolfeboro!!!!
Thank you so much for your input. We are striving to make Crepes Ooh La La a "happening place" to visit. We do offer a lemonade smoothie. Hope we weren't out when you came. I love fresh squeezed lemonade that you get at the fairs.........!!!! We'll take you suggestion into serious consideration. Please come by again. Thank you for your patronage and suggestions. Ms Ooh La La
Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
Ms Ooh La La

Default Crepes Ooh La La

Comments please
Old 11-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
Fishing

Thumbs up

We have truly loved our crepes here! The banana cream was to die for!!!
Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fishing For This Useful Post:
Ms Ooh La La (11-19-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
Argie's Wife

Have you considered asking your patrons while they're in your establishment?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Unhappy Sorry We Missed Stopping by in 2009

Friends of ours went this past summer and had only good things to say.

Ms Ooh La La, do you have a menu and pictures to post?

I heard that you sell ice cream, if so, what brand?

For those of you who do not know, Crepes Ooh La La has moved from the The Country Bookseller on Main Street over to Railroad Street, across from Bradley's Hardware. It is on the same street as .

Can you offer your friends at Winnipesaukee.com any deals on gift cards for Christmas presents?

Hope to see you in 2010.

Looks like you already have quite a few fans! That's what I like to see.

RG
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (12-04-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
jack1706

Smile Ice cream is to die for !!

This past summer, after venturing in to Bradley's Hardware, I looked across to see where I should get a quick bite to eat. " Oh la la..there it was..

I had the breakfast spinach & feta crepe ... and loved it. Orangina.. to drink and had to try "Sandwich Creamery Ice Cream ".

I've heard it is the best.. and they sell it. I had a cup & cone combined & haven't had ice cream that good for years........

Good job ! I'll be back !!!!!!!!!!!
jack1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack1706 For This Useful Post:
Ms Ooh La La (11-30-2009)
Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #14
Grady223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Ooh La La View Post
Comments please
Wonderful, hope you are able to continue in this economy. Wife and I have been patrons since you were at the Booksellers'. Keep up the good work, we have tried and loved breakfast, lunch and dessert. Unless someone knows of you and where you are your location may be a detriment. You must walk past 2 competitors to get to you - Bailey's Bubble and the Downtown Grille. I am sure you would do better on Main St but then you must contend with the increased rent. How about a crepe cart at the docks, especially on Mount Washington days - they are delicate, but is it possible to wrap them so they can be eaten from the hand like a burrito.
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady223 For This Useful Post:
Ms Ooh La La (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
Ms Ooh La La

Default location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
We are located straight across the street from the docks on Railroad Ave. We are right across from Bradley's Hardware store. See you there!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
Ms Ooh La La

Default comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Have you considered asking your patrons while they're in your establishment?
We make it a habit to inquire of our customers if everything was to their satisfaction. We have always been pleased with their responses. I should take pictures or videos of them when they comment Now there's an idea......... Can you say "Ooh La La" without a smiling?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
Ms Ooh La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Friends of ours went this past summer and had only good things to say.

Ms Ooh La La, do you have a menu and pictures to post?

I heard that you sell ice cream, if so, what brand?

For those of you who do not know, Crepes Ooh La La has moved from the The Country Bookseller on Main Street over to Railroad Street, across from Bradley's Hardware. It is on the same street as .

Can you offer your friends at Winnipesaukee.com any deals on gift cards for Christmas presents?

Hope to see you in 2010.

Looks like you already have quite a few fans! That's what I like to see.

RG
We do have a menu in the form of a colored pamphlet with a coupon on the back. I will try to post it on the forum and please check out Crepes Ooh La La on Facebook.com We have the 'best' ice cream! Sandwhich Creamery Ice Cream. AND we will be serving it throughout the winter We also offer gift certificates. Our hot soups are in demand, sooooo good! Hope to see you soon. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
Ms Ooh La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady223 View Post
Wonderful, hope you are able to continue in this economy. Wife and I have been patrons since you were at the Booksellers'. Keep up the good work, we have tried and loved breakfast, lunch and dessert. Unless someone knows of you and where you are your location may be a detriment. You must walk past 2 competitors to get to you - Bailey's Bubble and the Downtown Grille. I am sure you would do better on Main St but then you must contend with the increased rent. How about a crepe cart at the docks, especially on Mount Washington days - they are delicate, but is it possible to wrap them so they can be eaten from the hand like a burrito.
Thank you for your support and patronage. A cart would be great but not an easy thing to set up in Wolfeboro. Word of mouth has always been the best form of advertising, so please spread the word. We appreciate your taking the time to comment and look forward to serving you. Happy Holidays.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
Argie's Wife

Quote:
We make it a habit to inquire of our customers if everything was to their satisfaction. We have always been pleased with their responses. I should take pictures or videos of them when they comment Now there's an idea......... Can you say "Ooh La La" without a smiling?
Then why continue to solicit comments? Just wondering...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #20
Fishing

Default Just wondering

Actually, I do not see anything negative about an owner asking for different opinions. In fact, with all due respect, it seems somewhat rude to ask why they are soliciting comments. It seems to me that by asking opinions, they are being smart to see what is "hot" what is "not" etc.
I am puzzled on why it is wrong to get opinions....at least they are vested in their business. I say "Good for them!!"
Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fishing For This Useful Post:
christo1 (12-04-2009), jack1706 (12-03-2009), Lucky1 (12-04-2009), Winnigirl (12-04-2009)
Old 12-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #21
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

But at the same time, it could be considered asking for advertising when you start the thread yourself. I think that is what AW is getting at. I own a business in the Lakes Region but I have never brought up my business on any forum.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
ApS (12-08-2009), Argie's Wife (12-03-2009)
Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #22
Argie's Wife

I'm also a business owner (and not a restaurant or bookstore... no competition, in other words...)

I find a thread specifically soliciting comments about an establishment, especially when it's authored by the owner of the restaurant and when there is already a thread and/or posts about the restaurant, to be self-promotion/advertising.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #23
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing View Post
Actually, I do not see anything negative about an owner asking for different opinions. In fact, with all due respect, it seems somewhat rude to ask why they are soliciting comments. It seems to me that by asking opinions, they are being smart to see what is "hot" what is "not" etc.
I am puzzled on why it is wrong to get opinions....at least they are vested in their business. I say "Good for them!!"

I didn't say it was wrong and you're somewhat rude for making assumptions. My comments can be taken at face-value. I have no other motive than "just wondering". I'm glad they care and are a part of the forum. Anyone who had read my posts knows I support and prefer local business, which is probably not the "norm" for my age group - I avoid the Wal-Marts of the world at all costs...

Being vested in your business means face-to-face exchanges. I think it's great when business owners chime in on a thread, whether it's to clear up a situation or to thank people for their input (good or bad). But starting a thread... eh... it strikes me as odd. I asked questions - before making assumptions - because I wondered if there was more to it... (i.e. marketing a new product.)
Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #24
Bluebell

Quote:
Comments please
This post was made in mid-November. At that time there was a lot of chatter here about the Wolfeboro Diner, Strawberry Patch, Lydia's Cafe....as a breakfast stop. All of these in Wolfeboro. No mention of Ooh La La. A little self promotion???
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #25
Happy Gourmand

Default Damned if you do.......

.....and damned if you don't. How many threads were started by somebody praising an establishment only to be flushed out as somebody having an interest in said establishment.
I've never been to this place, and probably never will because of its location.
I'm not sure that soliciting comments about an establishment by its owner is any different than a waitress coming by after a meal is served and asking how everything is. A bit self serving, perhaps, but it can really open up a can of worms if negative posts become prevalent.
Like it or not, kudos for Ms. Ohh, La La for identifying herself as the owner right up front.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
christo1 (12-06-2009), Lucky1 (12-04-2009), Winnigirl (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #26
Pineedles

Smile

I agree with my good friend TPG, very brave to comeout and identify yourself upfront. But just a fact check here folks, I believe meredith weekender started the thread, not Ms. Ooh La La.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
christo1 (12-06-2009), Lucky1 (12-04-2009), Rattlesnake Guy (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #27
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
I agree with my good friend TPG, very brave to comeout and identify yourself upfront. But just a fact check here folks, I believe meredith weekender started the thread, not Ms. Ooh La La.
I believe this was originally two threads and then combined into one - I could be wrong...
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #28
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Something changed, that's for sure, AW. The thread I saw started out with Mrs. OLL asking how people liked her business.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #29
Lucky1

Default I wonder why...

This happened?? I do not know the history. I do know that there were nice comments about a crepe place in Wolfboro that I had never heard of before today. I planned to try it and maybe even to go and get a gift card for a friend who lives in Wolfboro for a Christmas present.

Then for reasons unknown to me, the owner had her behavior questioned. Why? It's Christmas. I am going to celebrate by having an ice cream crepe of some kind........

It's sunny and wonderful outside. Need to get raking done.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #30
Bigstan

Quote:
I didn't say it was wrong and you're somewhat rude for making assumptions. My comments can be taken at face-value. I have no other motive than "just wondering". I'm glad they care and are a part of the forum. Anyone who had read my posts knows I support and prefer local business, which is probably not the "norm" for my age group - I avoid the Wal-Marts of the world at all costs...

Being vested in your business means face-to-face exchanges. I think it's great when business owners chime in on a thread, whether it's to clear up a situation or to thank people for their input (good or bad). But starting a thread... eh... it strikes me as odd. I asked questions - before making assumptions - because I wondered if there was more to it... (i.e. marketing a new product.)

I agree - starting a thread with a reason (ie: new product / specials / etc) is fine. Adding a comment when the thread is idle to bring it back to the top of the list would again be ok if your comment gave some value. My two cents is simply this - give people a reason to talk about you they will, simply asking them to talk about you doesn't have the same effect.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #31
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Then for reasons unknown to me, the owner had her behavior questioned. Why? It's Christmas. I am going to celebrate by having an ice cream crepe of some kind........
So because it's Christmas, I'm not supposed to ask a question or two? Whoops... just did it again.

I made my motives clear - "just wondering". Honest.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #32
Rattlesnake Guy

You have to admit that asking this group for an opinion is kind of like juggling dynamite. You can't really be certain it will turn out well... or as you had hoped.

I gave Crepes Oh La La the benefit of the doubt due to the risk taken. It could have quickly turned bad in a single post.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #33
Newbiesaukee

AW is correct. The post by ms oohlala was in November and it was the first post in the thread. I thought it was unusual as the first post in the thread. The threads were then combined. However, if you look at the dates, the last comment in the thread started by, I believe, Meredith Weekender was in August. The next comment in the combined thread was by ms oohlala in November. On the internet a new comment in an old thread is called a "bump" and brings the thread at the front of the line again. Whether the thread was started by ms oohlala or she bumped it in November, I agree with the posters who felt it was unusual and somwwhat self serving. I have nothing against Msoohlala or the restaurant and this forum can be rough . In this case, however, I think the comments about msoohlala starting or restarting thhe thread are valid and not mean spirited.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #34
Lucky1

Default Well I am happy to..........

Have learned of this lovely sounding spot and hope to visit it soon! Days like yesterday and today make one drool for what the posts here described as delicious crepes.

Now I am the one who is curious...............Are the members here always so serious about these little things? Sort of scary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post:
christo1 (12-06-2009), JanN (12-04-2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #35
Pineedles

Quote:
Have learned of this lovely sounding spot and hope to visit it soon! Days like yesterday and today make one drool for what the posts here described as delicious crepes.

Now I am the one who is curious...............Are the members here always so serious about these little things? Sort of scary.
AW and I are friends, and I apologize to her if it appears I was criticizing her curiosity. I was just looking at the 1st post as not being msoohlalla and was unaware of the threads being combined.

But to answer your question. Yes we are very serious about where we spend our hard earned monies, and we want you and others to have the best experience you can possibly have at any dining establishment in the Lakes Region. Don't be scared, join in and speak your mind. We're just a bunch of loveable fuzzballs really.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #36
Heaven

And I think it is important to note that this forum would be much less useful or pleasant if what might appear to be self-advertisement was not questioned, in order to give others a head's up that this is not an advertising forum.

I have been to Ohlala, and I adore crepes, they are good people and do a nice job. Just to throw in my perspective : )
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #37
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Pretty simple questions I've asked, really. And serious? Me? Not really... but always curious. My posts are short because I know people will read a few sentences vs. a 'once upon a time..." type of post. Additionally, I don't have a lot of time to spend writing a tome - I have young 'ens to chase. But this is a 'cold' medium, these internet forums. You don't see my face, gestures, or smile and can't hear my voice like a face-to-face conversation. There is much lacking from this medium vs. a conversation in a bookstore or coffeeshop and I agree it could sound "serious". I'm not a frilly-girl and my posts are generally pretty concise... (probably from my background doing technical writing.)

Pineneedles - No offense taken at all... but thanks for thinking of me. To me, it's all fodder for questions and learning and exchanges. I didn't take it as any ill-will intended.
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (12-05-2009)
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
On the internet a new comment in an old thread is called a "bump" and brings the thread at the front of the line again.
I callem Lazarus Threads. You think they're dead...and BOOM, there they are amongst the living again. But sometimes only to walk amongst the lepers

Quote:
My posts are short because I know people will read a few sentences vs. a 'once upon a time..." type of post.
Reminds me of something Alexander Pope penned...If I'd had more time, I'd have written a shorter letter.

This forum isn't as briskly posted as some others, so I'm more likely to read a longer post. But on others where there are more posts per minute, I'm inclined to be more selective and skim over or scroll past wordier entries.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
Lucky1

How does a thread end? Is what one writes here forever of what happens to these notes?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #40
Newbiesaukee

It ends when no one posts
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 AM   #41
ApS

Default Just Like "Strawberry Patch"...

Funny: I skipped this thread because I'd never heard of Crepes Ooh La La—now I find it's right across the street from my favorite hardware store!

Quote:
How does a thread end? Is what one writes here forever of what happens to these notes?
Some large, well-managed forums, such as this one, retain nearly everything written for here "indefinitely". (In Internet terms, that could mean as far back as 1995 )

"Archived" comments made at this forum can still be found dating from 2001. This forum pre-dates 2001, but I've never been inclined to look for threads earlier than that. Those may even be "disappeared".
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (12-08-2009)