Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
baygo

Default To Tip Or Not To Tip

I've been reviewing employment applications from very many individuals who seek employment in my dinning room. I look at previous employment as a gage but have difficulty determining the quality of service associated with other restaurants. Would the forum please share with me the names of restaurants likely to exceed expectations in regards to service, and also please share those who have a reputation for falling short.

Thanks, We're getting closer.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Pineedles

In a word, NO.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Pontoon Goon

Default Wha ?

Baygo, You lost me on this one.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Argie's Wife

Sorry but I don't think that previous establishments of employment are a good measurement for why someone is leaving or has left OR if they will be a good fit for you.

I worked in retail management for many, many years. I hired some duds. I also hired some stars. After a while I learned when to trust my instincts and what personality-types would be the best fit. I could also tell when someone was just "filling a slot" - looking for a job, not a career. Ditto with the restaurant industry - you know what will work and what won't... you'll probably make mistakes hiring some people and there will be others you'll wanna clone because they're awesome.

People change jobs for many reasons. My generation is probably the worst for that because we're of the Dot Com age - Generation X. We'll change jobs just because there's no casual Friday. Fer Sur.

PS
I base my tips off the trans-fat on a menu.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Goon View Post
Baygo, You lost me on this one.
When I read an employment application, I don't know if the applicant's previous restaurant experience was in an establishment with a reputation for good service or not. Especially if it's one that is no longer in business.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
When I read an employment application, I don't know if the applicant's previous restaurant experience was in an establishment with a reputation for good service or not. Especially if it's one that is no longer in business.
Why don't you just read through the restaurant reviews here for your answers. For a specific restaurant simply type it in the search feature. Just about every restaurant in the lakes region has been reviewed for both food and service.

I am not so sure I agree with basing ones ability by their previous employer. I am certain there are many excellent wait staff personnel that have worked at not so great restaurants...

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Why don't you just read through the restaurant reviews here for your answers. For a specific restaurant simply type it in the search feature. Just about every restaurant in the lakes region has been reviewed for both food and service.

I am not so sure I agree with basing ones ability by their previous employer. I am certain there are many excellent wait staff personnel that have worked at not so great restaurants...

Dan
Thanks Not a bad idea except my plate is getting pretty full and more demands are being made on my time. I live with dyslexia therefore often exhausted by a great deal of reading. I read the archives when I can, but I thought this would be an easier method to sort on service related concerns.

To help explain the logic; I believe that there is a difference between someone whose experience is defined as "with traditional service standards" verses those with a more lackadaisical approach. Knowing who does or does not insist on the attention to detail from there staff does mean something to a restauranteur.

I would have different expectations of a 5 year veteran from a place with a strong reputation for service, than I would of a 5 year veteran from a place that has a reputation for service related problems.

It was just a thought to ask the forum. (perhaps a bad one) maybe I'll come up with another strategy. It's something I can think about while experimenting with one of my recipes. I'm attempting to replace the imported chili sesame oil with something from the trans fat family.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post

PS
I base my tips off the trans-fat on a menu.
You inspire me
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Not the way to judge an individual

Sorry, but I see no correlation between the restaurant someone worked in and their abilities and capabilities. A great waitress can be wasted in a poor restaurant, and a poor waitress will certainly drag down a great restaurant's reputation.

When I worked for an insurance company, I had to interview many people for underwriting jobs. We could not really look at what their previous employer did as far as profitability was concerned. Our interviewing training taught us to ask questions that were unique to our company, ask the same questions to every applicant, ask questions that would show the applicant's strengths in their eyes, ask questions that would be "tell me about a time when..." relating to a positive experience and also to negative experiences, etc. By tailoring your interviewing to questions relating to how you want your employees to act, think, behave, etc, you should get a feel for how they will fit into your organization. I certainly wouldn't hold it against an applicant if they worked at a restaurant that is perceived to have bad service...maybe that is why they left!
angela4design (03-06-2010), Rattlesnake Gal (03-06-2010), Waterbaby (03-06-2010)
Old 03-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #10
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I certainly wouldn't hold it against an applicant if they worked at a restaurant that is perceived to have bad service...maybe that is why they left!
So it took them five years to figure out the problem and left or they were the problem?

I'm filtering applications not conducting interviews.

Do you know the difference between table side service and a deli counter? I'm not insinuating that I'm looking for either but trying to help you understand the difference in skill level.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
Pepper

Quote:
So it took them five years to figure out the problem and left or they were the problem?

I'm filtering applications not conducting interviews.

Do you know the difference between table side service and a deli counter? I'm not insinuating that I'm looking for either but trying to help you understand the difference in skill level.
Careful now ... many forum members can tell you it is quite possible to have extraordinary service at an establishment with a deli counter.

While I truly understand what you're driving at, I must agree with other posters - your best opportunity to examine the true character of the applicant is during the interview. Weeding through piles of applications is a daunting task, and one I'm extremely familiar with. Best wishes as you embark on the hiring process!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #12
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Careful now ... many forum members can tell you it is quite possible to have extraordinary service at an establishment with a deli counter.
Absolutely agreed upon and I've experienced some myself a number of times. Winning Butcher in Meredith
Old 03-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #13
phoenix

if anyone knows about great service it is Pepper
Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Overlake97

Default That's Wine'ing Butcher

See Subject line.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Overlake97 For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (03-06-2010)
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
Lakepilot

When service is consistently good in a restaurant, it means management is good. If service is consistently bad - guess what - management is bad. Good management provides training and the proper set of expectations on the part of their employees.

I believe employees want to provide good service, but in some restaurants that isn't possible.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
Overlake97

Default Call Previous Employers

I'm surprised no one has mentioned calling previous employers. If you get the same story (good or bad) from more than one person, that should tell you something.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned calling previous employers. If you get the same story (good or bad) from more than one person, that should tell you something.
Previous employers are EXTREMELY reluctant to say anything about a former employee. In today's world you have to be very careful. If you get anything, you have to read between the lines.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #18
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Common Man chain

For consistently good service, go no further than the folks that works for the Common Man family. Alec is very fussy about who works for him and the formula work. Many of the employees are seasoned workers, not seasonal. It is nice to see the host/hostess and buspersons, work with the waitstaff in bringing you fine dining. Teamwork is the key. Everyone is busy.
If you should see an application with a short tenure at a Common Man, chances are great, he/she did not fit in. I will be surprised if you see an applicant that's been there for years. They don't usually leave.
Same is true at Patrick's Pub. I see the same employees, year after year.

If you should snag someone from these fine establishnment, I will surely use tham as models for the rest of the hires to follow.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
angela4design

IMHO... Luring great quality servers for a startup establishment would be tricky. I think you might have to start with an assured base pay, like catering does. I mean this to ensure that the position can pay the server's bills in order to get them on board. Server minimum wage is under $4 an hour, and that's just not going to make ends meet. Especially if tips are pooled; that only makes for worse service IMO. Quality people will need some financial assurances, especially if they're coming from an establishment like Common Man.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #20
angela4design

and... why is this thread called "To Tip Or Not To Tip"? Are you debating whether to let the servers keep their tips? I don't understand.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Be Clear

baygo, you should be absolutely clear during your interviews of exactly what you are looking for and expect. Ask them if they are confident in being the right person for the job and hopefully you will get an honest answer. If said interviewee has only worked at a deli counter, you should not rule them out - they may just end up being your shining star. Perhaps you might implement a a trial working period with a review after a certain amount of time?

Good luck!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (03-17-2010)
Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #22
Overlake97

Default Reluctant previous employers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Previous employers are EXTREMELY reluctant to say anything about a former employee. In today's world you have to be very careful.
This applies, mostly, to written comments/references. On the phone, if they can verify that you are who you say you are, they'll provide info - good or bad. Also, if they DON'T give a glowing reference, that would tell you something.

I check references (not for restaurant workers), occasionally, on the phone whenever I see less than glowing written comments (or even sometimes when they ARE glowing). People will be honest more often than you'd expect, despite the not completely unjustified fear of legal action.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

I do not have much luck over the phone either, Overlake. People are just very reluctant to say much as there is so much fear of getting sued today. Now if I know someone they are willing to say more.

And speaking of phones references, I can't figure out why people insist on faxed credit references instead of phone replies. It always seemed to me it would be much harder to prove that you gave a "bad" reference over the phone than a written one. Of course for the faxed (or emailed) ones there is most always a form so the facts are all that are there. I prefer to talk to someone to make a judgement. Tone can tell so much more.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
SPT13 (03-08-2010)
Old 03-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #24
Heaven

I understand the question. Restaurants that provide good service train their staff, and it shows. Some places I have had good service are, The Woodshed, The Corner House, Full Belli Deli. If someone has worked at one of these places for any length of time they will know what makes good service and how to provide it. Somehow The Restaurant walked away with someone else's nicely trained staff.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (03-07-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #25
ApS

Thumbs up Wolfeborough Diner

Quote:
"...Would the forum please share with me the names of restaurants likely to exceed expectations in regards to service..."
Anyone who's work-staffed at the the Wolfeborough Diner—even for a few weeks—would be an excellent find.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...8&postcount=14
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
Rattlesnake Guy

Default And the Oscar goes to...

Must be the academy awards...

I nominate this this thread title for the most misleading in the Restaurant Category.

"To Tip Or Not To Tip"

The actual question has nothing to do with either tipping or not tipping.
Brilliant use of the misdirection by this future restaurateur.
I can't wait to try his daily special... Is it fish or is it chicken?
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Guy For This Useful Post:
RI Swamp Yankee (03-08-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
baygo

Default I'd like to thank my agent, my loyal friends, and most of all the web community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Must be the academy awards...

I nominate this this thread title for the most misleading in the Restaurant Category.

"To Tip Or Not To Tip"

The actual question has nothing to do with either tipping or not tipping.
Brilliant use of the misdirection by this future restaurateur.
I can't wait to try his daily special... Is it fish or is it chicken?
"To Tip Or Not To Tip" is a question that each and every indiviual who visits my establishment will ask themselves. I'd rather the decision to do so is based on the service opposed to the tradition.

Truth in Specials labeling; We are rigging our kitchen with an online observation system. You will be able to watch the production of our/your food at will via the web. Please notify me immediately should you see the use of fish when chicken is implied.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #28
Seeker

So are you saying we bring our laptops or other wifi device and watch our dishes being prepared?
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #29
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
So are you saying we bring our laptops or other wifi device and watch our dishes being prepared?
You can watch on your cellphone or other portable web capable device if you like, or you can watch from home as we make the food for others. We will have monitors visible from some tables.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #30
chipj29

This is an interesting subject. Years ago when I was in the restaurant biz, we opened a restaurant (franchise) in Derry. Built it from the ground up. Us managers set up shop in a construction trailer on-site and hired the entire staff right out of that trailer. I am not sure the exact number of applications we got, but we filled a plastic milk crate. I would estimate 1,000+ applications came in. When the applications were dropped off, one of the managers would have a brief conversation with every single applicant. This gave us a very general idea of the person behind the application.
We looked at every single application dozens of times. We set up three bins, good, bad and otherwise and filed the applications accordingly. Our goal was to hire over 125 employees, so it was a lot of work. We set up official interviews with all of the people in the "good" bin. When it got closer to the opening date, we interviewed some of the people whose applications were not in the "good" bin.

What I learned was that I wish it was possible to interview every single applicant, as there were some (not very many) whose application did not make it in to the "good" bin, that we ended up hiring.
I also learned that while you could glean a lot of info from someones paper application, you could not always get the true picture of that person.

I can also tell you that there were no applicants that we did not hire based on who their previous employer was.

Last edited by chipj29; 03-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.
chipj29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #31
SIKSUKR

Default Start with this one

I only have one recommendation. Former employees of Waldo Peppers that Pepper gave thumbs up.
RamJet (03-09-2010)
Old 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #32
Happy Gourmand

Default Another tip.

Don't hire people thinking you can train them to be nice....almost impossible.
Instead, hire nice people. You can't tell nice people from from not so nice people by reading their resume. Resumes are mostly fluff and almost useless when hiring service personnel. One exception is somebody who has worked at the same establishment for many years...even then you need to find out why they want to make a change.
Hireing people....whew...I don't miss that!!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
RI Swamp Yankee (03-08-2010)
Old 03-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #33
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

OK.....I'll share an insider secret.....only known to Samiam and a few others.
When you are interviewing a new employee.........walk outside and look into their car. If it is dirty, McD'd wrappers and coffee cups on the floor and junk everywhere.....they don't get hired. A persons car shows their personality......it has never failed. If they are neat and tidy in their own life, they will do the same on the job.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #34
phoenix

agree Samiam
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #35
Heaven

What a sneaky trick, almost better than my trick of looking at the condition of the inside of someone's microwave ; )
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #36
jrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
When you are interviewing a new employee.........walk outside and look into their car. If it is dirty, McD'd wrappers and coffee cups on the floor and junk everywhere.....they don't get hired. A persons car shows their personality......it has never failed. If they are neat and tidy in their own life, they will do the same on the job.
I hire a lot of engineers, few would pass your test!
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #37
jniff101

Default Disagree....somewhat

Unfortuantely for me being a mother of young children my car never seems to be clean anymore. So I do have the occasional happymeal boxes or half eaten apples from the night before. And usually moms will pick up a few night shift waitressing jobs to make ends meet so I think I'll have to respectfully disagree with samiam.
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #38
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I hire a lot of engineers, few would pass your test!
With engineers it is just the opposite. Never trust an engineer with a clean desk.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #39
RI Swamp Yankee

Lightbulb

Quote:
... Would the forum please share with me the names of restaurants likely to exceed expectations in regards to service, and also please share those who have a reputation for falling short. ....
There is certainly NO shortage of opinions (and closed threads) here about the good the bad and the ugly. Seems like this would open up a real can of worms (served with sautéed onions and salsa on the side).

The forums have a real nice search feature so putting in the name of an establishment would return an abundance of results .... and some unbiased opinions.

Good Luck.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 AM   #40
jetskier

Question Different Question

Hi all,

I was just wondering how things were progressing. As I recall, the test marketing was envisioned to be occuring during February. I have not seen much activity in passing the building (there is a sign about a store, I believe) and was wondering what the time frame and plan for the restaurant is.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #41
SAMIAM

Fair enough jnif101.........been guilty myself a time or too. Didn't mean to imply that a few wrappers on the floor were cause not to hire.....I mean down and out DIRTY......1/2 inch of sand on all the floors, windows you can't see out of, bottles, cans, papers, dog hair and junk everywhere.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #42
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Hi all,

I was just wondering how things were progressing. As I recall, the test marketing was envisioned to be occuring during February. I have not seen much activity in passing the building (there is a sign about a store, I believe) and was wondering what the time frame and plan for the restaurant is.

Jetskier
Things are moving along well in-spite of missing our February target date. We've gone through a bulk of the prep training with our kitchen staff (a great collection of talent), and as mentioned above, we are in the process of putting together our dinning room/bar team. Things are going well.

So far there are just over 200 people on our list. We should be emailing out the invites soon.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #43
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Minivans don't count, right?

What if you clean your car every week but have little mud trackers and yuck makers that ride in your car?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #44
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Fair enough jnif101.........been guilty myself a time or too. Didn't mean to imply that a few wrappers on the floor were cause not to hire.....I mean down and out DIRTY......1/2 inch of sand on all the floors, windows you can't see out of, bottles, cans, papers, dog hair and junk everywhere.
You'd get a kick outta my truck. There's a permalayer of loose bark, woodchips, and other biomass from hauling firewood.

Also too, bar and chain oil does NOT come out of the upholstery easily at all.

That, and I'm physically incapable of driving past a free pile of stuff kicked out to the curb. On any given day there might be in the back of the truck a bucket half full of nails, a spool of copper wire that'll get scrapped out, or any manner of things. One day en route to a fancy reception for work, I came upon a mounted deer's head that was atop the rubbish buckets awaiting the trashman. Bunch of folks recognized it as my vehicle parked there. Good for laughs.

I will fess up that I have a lotta sand. And I got no excuse seeing as though I don't drive a Toyota - can't cop out by saying that the mat's stuck to the gas pedal.
Rattlesnake Guy (03-11-2010), robmac (03-12-2010), Sunrise Point (03-11-2010)
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #45
SAMIAM

Crawford.......tou're FIRED
Old 03-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #46
PennyPenny

Quote:
"To Tip Or Not To Tip" is a question that each and every indiviual who visits my establishment will ask themselves. I'd rather the decision to do so is based on the service opposed to the tradition.

Truth in Specials labeling; We are rigging our kitchen with an online observation system. You will be able to watch the production of our/your food at will via the web. Please notify me immediately should you see the use of fish when chicken is implied.
WOW. You are opening yourself up to a can of worms there. What if the State of NH/Health inspector comes in and monitors the kitchen via the web? They probably have to identify themself but you don't get a warning that they are there and watching. Is this your first time in the restaurant business?
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #47
PennyPenny

Smile

Quote:
SAMIAM Thank Goodness my local employer never looked in my car! I have worked in the same restaurant for 6 years. Is my car messy? Yup. Am I, No. I am the employee who always says, order medium gloves, I added bleach to the water, the floor is slippery etc. There are a few of us who are the exception. AC
Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #48
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPenny View Post
WOW. You are opening yourself up to a can of worms there. What if the State of NH/Health inspector comes in and monitors the kitchen via the web? They probably have to identify themself but you don't get a warning that they are there and watching. Is this your first time in the restaurant business?
This is my third restaurant. I have a track record of success. I also have so much confidence in the way my staff handles food that I am happy to open up to anyone. Bring it on. Want to make sure we're clean? Log in. Want to learn how to make a dish? Log in. Don't want to cook. Come in
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #49
PennyPenny

Smile Take it easy,I'm not the health inspector

Quote:
This is my third restaurant. I have a track record of success. I also have so much confidence in the way my staff handles food that I am happy to open up to anyone. Bring it on. Want to make sure we're clean? Log in. Want to learn how to make a dish? Log in. Don't want to cook. Come in
Glad you have had success in the restaurant business and hope you have continued success. Geez.
The Following User Says Thank You to PennyPenny For This Useful Post:
baygo (03-11-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #50
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Crawford.......tou're FIRED
tou're sooooo mean.

Bummer. On the bright side, I understand that there's a restaurant specializing in Tappas that's hiring.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #51
SAMIAM

Making fun of my typo's.....now you're REALLY fired.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #52
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordCentury View Post
tou're sooooo mean.

Bummer. On the bright side, I understand that there's a restaurant specializing in Tappas that's hiring.
Tapas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas
Old 03-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #53
SAMIAM

Ha ha,Crawford......"He who casts the first stone".........
Old 03-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #54
Shedwannabe

Quote:
Perfect reply - I've been laughing my head off about you and Crawford's interchange, and Baygo's insertion was the perfect opportunity.. and you seized it!
Shedwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #55
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Oh no you didn't! LOL!!!!

I'ev been knonw to maek tyops myslef, mispselling evan the simlpest of wrods.

From the link:
Quote:
...the tapas tradition began when king Alfonso X of Castile or Alfonso the Wise, recovered from an illness by drinking wine mixed with small dishes between meals. After regaining his health, the king ordered that taverns were not allowed to serve wine to customers unless the beverage was accompanied by a small snack or tapa. The word became a kind of loophole in the law to allow drinkers to consume alcohol.
Pay me no mind. I'm obviously drunk.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #56
Pepper

I'm loving this thread now!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #57
SAMIAM

Why didn't you say so?.......I wouldn't have fired you had I known you had a good reason. All is forgiven.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #58
Lucky1

Baygo, I had a really helpful waitress at Canoe. Very friendly, actually gave opinions when asked etc.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #59
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Why didn't you say so?.......I wouldn't have fired you had I known you had a good reason. All is forgiven.
Thanks. I'll be in to work late today. Too much whiskeys last night. Doesn't mix good with eggnog left from Christmas.

In hindsight, pickles was a poor choice of snack.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #60
Hermit Cover

Smile Opening????

I may have missed it but has there been announced opening of this establishment? I drive by frequently and there seems to be activity around the site but I don't recall a "target" date. With the arrival of Spring and an early "Ice Out" I for one am anxious to try this place out. It appears that all the work must be going on inside...the outside looks a bit rough cosmetically. All in good time I suppose......
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote