Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
whkhawks

Default wedding venue on the lake

Does anybody on the Lake live next to a wedding venue? Boulder Lodge is under agreement and the new owner plans to turn it into a wedding venue. My property abuts Boulder Lodge and I am wondering what life next door to a wedding venue is like?
whkhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

I have a friend who owns a castle that he rents for family events. It is zoned residential. The local Selectmen limited the number of people allowed on site, restricted music levels, and said no fireworks. Boulder Lodge has enough space (624' frontage and nearly 6 acres of land) that only the most rowdy parties would be a problem. Most weeding venues shut down at 11:00 so staff can clean up and go home. Alton zoning and / or noise ordinance may already protect you. Talking to the other butters and the new owner may be worthwhile to see what plans are in more detail.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
whkhawks (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:13 AM   #3
ApS

Cool Following with Great Interest...

I'm going to follow this thread with interest.

A new rent-a-McMansion (5-family ) is a few doors down.

That I know of, they don't have weddings, but their immediate neighbors have yelled at them about noise.

ETA: That 1¾-acre Rent-a-McMansion has only three trees—while the neighbors have kept many.

Last edited by ApS; 07-25-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: tree comment...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
whkhawks (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #4
swnoel

I could only assume most communities would require a change in use, were the abutters would be notified before any approvals are done. Then again wealthy people on the lake could own most politicians for a few Franklins in an envelope.
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swnoel For This Useful Post:
whkhawks (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
AC2717

Hi,
our place is beside the Margate near their wedding reception tent, and have to tell you most nights we enjoy the wedding music, as it is family friendly and usually just loud enough to hear it and sing along, and we laugh and joke about the playlists, djs, and usual wedding songs played and bet on which are played and which are not. Followed up by a nice firework show after the wedding. Its not the drunk kegger you might be thinking of like being beside the Naswa or anything like that, most people are dancing and having such a good time that when the wedding is over they are done, it is almost like everyone vanished right after its over.

Some things to note:

Laconia does not allow them to have outside music after 10pm, and 99% of the time it is followed and shut off like a faucet and they back that up by making the fireworks at 10pm or 9:45ish depending on the ceremony, even if they don't have the fireworks the wedding is still done at 10pm always. In 5 years I think we had one issue but not enough to call. We also have had firework debris all over our year and we just make a call and the Margate comes and cleans it up that same day.

They have been awesome in working with their neighbors while being able to host the weddings and make what I am sure is a pretty penny. We even had some questionable trees on their side of the property that we were willing to pay for to have removed, and they took over and did the job right away.
whkhawks (07-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Gilford neighbors have concerns about wedding venue
https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...52ad8c478.html

and in Sanbornton
https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...88bafacda.html

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote