Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts
Default Concord Insurance Group

We are considering consolidating insurance with one company including: home; island cottage; umbrella, boats and motorcycle. (Not many companies will currently insure island property and not all offer both home and auto).

One possible candidate is Concord Group Insurance.
I did find one prior negative comment back here:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...land+insurance

I have been informed that they will insure our island property. If anyone has experience with this company (good or bad) we would appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
wifi

I have used them for (literally) decadeS with no problems, including a few minor claims. I did get a few letters a couple of years ago saying they wanted to 'inspect' my property, I filed the letters in the appropriate spot, and never heard back from them
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wifi For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
angela4design

Default Holbrook

You might try Holbrook Insurance in Gilford. I know that one of the vendors that they use is Concord Group, but they'll do all the shopping around for you. A co-worker just saved a bunch of money by letting them look into it for her, and she said it was super-easy.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
You might try Holbrook Insurance in Gilford. I know that one of the vendors that they use is Concord Group, but they'll do all the shopping around for you. A co-worker just saved a bunch of money by letting them look into it for her, and she said it was super-easy.
Thanks a4d. I am working with a local agent who is doing the shopping among many insurance vendors. The Concord Group came-up as one who would cover home, island, auto, boats and MC which when combined will save a lot of $$. I just have no prior knowledge of the Concord Group.

SC
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
MarkinNH

I have had my vehicle insurance (truck only, commercial policy) with them for 20+ years with No negative issues and a couple of claims.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkinNH For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (06-24-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
NHBUOY

Thumbs up Concord Group

I have dealt with the Concord Group as a PA (my Profession). The company is a good one, with adjusters to match (which is VERY important when making a claim). I think they are a good choice for you.
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NHBUOY For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Same here....everything with them and never a problem. Had 3 or 4 claims in 20 years and they were settle promptly and fairly. I am with the Cross Agency in Moultonborough......."Red" is the best agent ever.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
Pine Island Guy

Default another vote for concord

trying to get the island property insured, and Concord Group were the only ones that seem to understand and not ask rediculous questions (e.g. how far is the closest fire hydrant? how long is your driveway? are you on town water/sewer? etc)

Cars, island house, and primary house are all with Concord now, through Munsey & Brazil in Laconia... very happy with both!!

rain rain go away, and let summer sun come to stay -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post:
Slickcraft (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
songkrai

I have had The Concord Group for decades for automobile insurance only. Through a local agent.

I've never had any accidents but have had weather damage. The Concord Group came thru and was good. Best to speak with any collision center or body shop owner and ask what company is best for them to deal with. Some of the ones that advertise on TV for lowest price may not be the best one when it comes to repairs.

This may apply to all insurance companies. I had zero deductible for glass. But after a few chips in windshield and windshield replacements the Concord Group upped my deductible to $100.00.

As far as homeowners insurance I have a different company. Some state that Amica is good but I have no experience with Amica.

But as my grandfather uses to state: Insurance is only good until you file your first claim - or some such wording.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote