Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Overlake97

Default Thai Smile (in Plymouth): Open and Good

Another new Thai restaurant opened recently: Thai Smile, in Plymouth.

I wandered downtown yesterday expecting to go to Subway or somewhere like that, when I noticed that Thai Taste, which did not LOOK open, actually was. Upon entering, I was surprised at how nice the place looked. Certainly a step above most other downtown Plymouth establishments. It was also quite busy, with almost all the 20 or so tables filled.

I sat at their "counter,' which sort of overlooks a pre-prepared sushi/fish window, and had a 'lunch special' of green curry with chicken for $6.75. It was excellent and just enough food for lunch. It came with a small appetizer of two lightly fried won tons, which were also very good. Both servers I encountered were very friendly, and helpful, asking a number of times if everything was OK, if the curry was too spicy, etc. They seemed genuinely excited and surprised at how positively everyone was reacting to their food and the surroundings. I'll be back very soon.

Last edited by Overlake97; 05-06-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Overlake97

Default Thai "Smile" - second visit

Visited for lunch again yesterday (Tuesday) and, as before, almost every table was filled. And this is after the students had left for the summer. I got some take out - "Pad Eggplant w/ pork" - which rated a 7 out of 10. It was good, but could have used a bit more chili sauce.

Last edited by Overlake97; 05-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Overlake97

Thumbs up Still great food at Thai Smile

I've eaten at Thai Smile about 20 times since they opened, usually with a group of 3 or 4 people, and have gotten their takeout just about once every 2 weeks. Everything continues to be excellent, and the table are always filled at lunchtime - for good reason (I've never been for dinner, as I live too far away). I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this place.