Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
Chimi

Default Chartering the Mount

I am interested in chartering the Mount for a family reunion (big family). People will come from all parts of the world, so I think it would be a great event. Does anyone know if they will charter the entire boat and what a ballpark cost might be?
Chimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
DesertDweller

http://www.cruisenh.com/charter.php

The answer to your question is yes. My guess on the pricing is that it depends on what time of year it is.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DesertDweller For This Useful Post:
Chimi (04-09-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
mneck1814

Default Winnipesaukee Belle

If your group is 100 people or less you might try the Winnipesaukee Belle.

http://www.wolfeboroinn.com/winnipesaukeebelle-en.html

We looked at doing our family reunion aboard the Belle a couple of summers ago and it was very reasonable. If I remember correctly with a sandwich and salad lunch it worked out to about $30 per person for 80-90 people. We ended up just hosting the reunion at our camp because it allowed people to arrive and leave at different times as opposed to the set time of a boat cruise, but the event staff at the Wolfeboro Inn was very easy to work with for quotes, etc.
mneck1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mneck1814 For This Useful Post:
Chimi (04-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 08:08 PM   #4
chasedawg

Default fAMILY REUNION

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneck1814 View Post

We looked at doing our family reunion aboard the Belle a couple of summers ago and it was very reasonable. If I remember correctly with a sandwich and salad lunch it worked out to about $30 per person for 80-90 people. We ended up just hosting the reunion at our camp because it allowed people to arrive and leave at different times as opposed to the set time of a boat cruise, but the event staff at the Wolfeboro Inn was very easy to work with for quotes, etc.
I recall several years ago when I Captained the Millie B the Wolfeboro dock was full of folks with t-shirts stating the World Wide Family reunion. I talked to several and they told me they were having a large family reunion. Family members from across the Globe. There was no question that they arrived from many parts of the world. They chartered the Winni Belle to take them to the family island compound making several trips. Then took everyone on a cruise. Very cool
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Chimi (04-10-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 03:01 AM   #5
Boston Fireguy

Default The Mount

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner/cruise on The Mount in August '13 with about 75 people. We had our own area on the ship for food, with the rest of the ship to mingle with the other passengers. It was a great time, especially for first timers to the Lake. The wedding was held at Mills Falls; the guests on the cruise just had to cross the street to the Meredith dock to board.

Unless your family numbers around 500 you might be able to make arrangements similar to ours: reserving your own room, drink tickets, etc. We also made the arrangements about a year prior.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boston Fireguy For This Useful Post:
Chimi (05-05-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2016, 09:11 AM   #6
Chimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Fireguy View Post
We had a wedding rehearsal dinner/cruise on The Mount in August '13 with about 75 people. We had our own area on the ship for food, with the rest of the ship to mingle with the other passengers. It was a great time, especially for first timers to the Lake. The wedding was held at Mills Falls; the guests on the cruise just had to cross the street to the Meredith dock to board.

Unless your family numbers around 500 you might be able to make arrangements similar to ours: reserving your own room, drink tickets, etc. We also made the arrangements about a year prior.
Thanks for the info. I contacted the Mount offices and got their rates. Chartering the whole boat was very cost prohibitive to us. We are looking at a function hall or a park now to have the reunion. I have a lot of cheap relatives.
Chimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:26 PM   #7
webmaster

Thanked 3,722 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
Thanks for the info. I contacted the Mount offices and got their rates. Chartering the whole boat was very cost prohibitive to us. We are looking at a function hall or a park now to have the reunion. I have a lot of cheap relatives.
I don't think you have to charter the whole ship. In 2009 we held the ForumFest on the Mount and they gave us a function room at the bottom of the ship that is not open to the public. It was a really nice room except no windows but guests would just go upstairs to enjoy the view or some fresh air. You may want to ask about using just that room.

Here are some pictures of that event. Many of them show the room:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo....php?cat=15159
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Chimi (05-06-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneck1814 View Post

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner the Belle a couple of years ago. It was a big hit! I highly recommend it.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #9
B-Laps

I'm not sure how large of a group you are looking for, but here is the hub for the various events on the Mount.

http://www.cruisenh.com/privateevents.php

It looks like you can charter the whole boat, it can do seated meals for 500 people and reception style for 800-1,000. There looks to be some rooms available that can accommodate 125-200 people

I've included some links to some of the detailed information. It contradicts itself a little bit, but I would recommend contacting their offices to get more information.

http://www.cruisenh.com/charter.php

http://www.cruisenh.com/floor.php

http://www.cruisenh.com/ReceptionRooms.php

I got married on the Mount in July '14 in the Flagship Lounge. Guest count was 115 and it didn't feel that crowded at all. Everyone says they had a great time.
B-Laps is offline   Reply With Quote