Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
jt3kids

Default choose a boat?

Hey all. If I'm not in the right forum, please let me know. I took my family up to the lake from Mass for the first time this summer. In an 89 175 larson bowrider. Great lake boat, but old and a little small for us, and especially for Winni. so my question is: I might be thinking about upgrading. we have 5 kids, some have boyfriends, etc. 99% of our time is at local small lakes doing some tubing/skiing, anchoring and enjoying some drinks and the sun. With that being said, I've been thinking about a deck boat. I know they don't handle as well as a deep V hull, but I'm interested in the seating capability that comes with alot of power. If that isn't the way to go, does anyone have any ideas on a bowrider for 8 -10 people? Obviously for 50,000 I can find something, but I'm looking for used for around 10 - 12000. How would a 21' deck boat handle lake Winnipesaukee? We only come up there one week per year, so I'm trying not to purchase a boat just on that fact. Thanks for any input for my future purchase, and hope to be back next july 4th week. - Jim
jt3kids is offline   Reply With Quote