Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
DRH

Default Posting a Photo

Hi Don,
In his 4/7 "Alton Bay Ice" post, Bizer included two photos which appear in the text of his message. Today, I attempted to include two photos in my post "Ice Update - 4/11", but only the links to the photos appear in the text of the message, not the photos themselves. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there any way to link a photo on a remote server to a posted message, as the previous forum software allowed, so a larger picture can be displayed in a posted message? The new forum limits attachments to 39K, which allows only a very small photo to be posted.

Thanks!

Don
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Island Girl

Default Cannot view Don's pictures

I get an error message when trying to view Don's two pictures.

Island Girl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:19 PM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hughes
Hi Don,
In his 4/7 "Alton Bay Ice" post, Bizer included two photos which appear in the text of his message. Today, I attempted to include two photos in my post "Ice Update - 4/11", but only the links to the photos appear in the text of the message, not the photos themselves. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there any way to link a photo on a remote server to a posted message, as the previous forum software allowed, so a larger picture can be displayed in a posted message? The new forum limits attachments to 39K, which allows only a very small photo to be posted.
Don, There are two ways to include an image. As an attachment or using the "Insert Image" button. Using the button works like you're used to on the old Forum except you can insert your image anywhere you want.

The big difference is that "attachments" allow you to upload the file to my server (reason for the file size limit) while "Insert Images" requires a URL from another server.

See this thread "trouble including images" for more information:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...hp?postid=2185

Last edited by webmaster; 04-11-2004 at 06:40 PM.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl
I get an error message when trying to view Don's two pictures.
I've fixed that IG. You should now be able to view attachments.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
DRH

Default Half Way There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
Don, There are two ways to include an image. As an attachment or using the "Insert Image" button. Using the button works like you're used to on the old Forum except you can insert your image anywhere you want.

The big difference is that "attachments" allow you to upload the file to my server (reason for the file size limit) while "Insert Images" requires a URL from another server.

See this thread "trouble including images" for more information:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...hp?postid=2185
Thanks, Don. I have edited my post and have successfully displayed one of the photos in the body of the message. However, I can't seem to figure out how to add the second photo to the message body. I tried typing in the photo URL for each photo into the message body and then clicking on the "Insert Image" icon, but I still get a pop-up box asking me to type in the URL. If I do it that way, I can't figure out how to bring the cursor down below the first photo in order to insert the second photo. In any event, inserting the one photo was easy ... after I read the directions!

Thanks for your help.

Don
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2004, 09:13 PM   #6
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hughes
I tried typing in the photo URL for each photo into the message body and then clicking on the "Insert Image" icon, but I still get a pop-up box asking me to type in the URL.
Don, When you enter a URL in a message highlight it before clicking the Insert Image button. The pop-up box only shows if you haven't highlighted a URL.

Or click the Insert Image button first and insert the URL where the xxx is.

You can display an unlimited number of images this way.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #7
DRH

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
Don, When you enter a URL in a message highlight it before clicking the Insert Image button. The pop-up box only shows if you haven't highlighted a URL.

Or click the Insert Image button first and insert the URL where the xxx is.

You can display an unlimited number of images this way.
Thanks, Don. I have now imported both photos into the message. However, I think I must still be doing something wrong because I get the pop-up box requesting the image URL even when I highlight the image URL in the message before clicking the "Insert Image" button.

Don

Last edited by DRH; 04-11-2004 at 09:56 PM.