Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
DRH

Question Buddy List

Don,

Can you please explain how the "Buddy List" works? Is it anything like Instant Messenger? The new Forum indicates who is online at any one time. Is it possible to communicate directly with another member who is logged in?

Thanks. (Still learning!)

Don
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

I am learning right along with you Don. I believe the buddy list is where you can set up other Forum users as buddies and easily see when they are online.

There are private message functions that I haven't had a chance to explore yet. There is also a private note feature that seems to work like IM, where a private message box pops up when someone else on the Forum wants to chat privately with you. It looks interesting but I haven't enabled it yet.

I also notice that if you include a AOL IM or ICQ screen name in your profile little icons get displayed with messages that allow you to IM that user directly.

There are many cool features in the new Forum that I haven't had a chance to fully explore or understand yet but I'm getting up to speed quickly.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote