Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
sledneck

Default Patrick's Pub

Couldn't have had a worse first time experience all the way around. Food was absolutely horrible from the dry disgusting nachos to the unpalatable sauce, chicken and pasta in the chicken parm. Family and I won't be back. Chef Boyarde for me Patrick.
sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Good Nachos

That has not been my experience.

I go to Patrick's often and I think their pork nachos are the best in the area. I have tried nachos at a couple of other local restaurants and they don't even come close.

I know Patrick's has been voted one of the most popular restaurants in the lakes region and it has a 4 star rating on Trip Advisor. I have been going there for over 20 years and I have never been disappointed. Also, the owners are very active supporting the community and local charities.

I have learned to stay away when there are concerts at Meadowbrook because many people go there to eat before going to a concert. The wait can be long if you get there before about 8PM.

Maybe you just caught them on a bad night?
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
That has not been my experience.

I go to Patrick's often and I think their pork nachos are the best in the area. I have tried nachos at a couple of other local restaurants and they don't even come close.

I know Patrick's has been voted one of the most popular restaurants in the lakes region and it has a 4 star rating on Trip Advisor. I have been going there for over 20 years and I have never been disappointed. Also, the owners are very active supporting the community and local charities.

I have learned to stay away when there are concerts at Meadowbrook because many people go there to eat before going to a concert. The wait can be long if you get there before about 8PM.

Maybe you just caught them on a bad night?
I agree, been there many times and I've never been disappointed. I suppose any place can have an off night.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
winniwannabe

Thumbs up

My family just dined at Patrick's 2 weeks ago while on vacation. It has always
been a mandatory trip for us ( at least 20 yrs.) and we have never had a bad
meal. It amazes me how quickly and harshly folks are to criticize the eating
establishments around the Lakes region. We also make our pilgrimage to
Sawyer's and Kellerhaus. We used to frequent Tamarack but when they
changed owners it wasn't the same. HOWEVER.... I would never bash them.
As the saying goes.."1 man's treasure....." Enjoy August, Stay safe!
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniwannabe View Post
My family just dined at Patrick's 2 weeks ago while on vacation. It has always
been a mandatory trip for us ( at least 20 yrs.) and we have never had a bad
meal. It amazes me how quickly and harshly folks are to criticize the eating
establishments around the Lakes region. We also make our pilgrimage to
Sawyer's and Kellerhaus. We used to frequent Tamarack but when they
changed owners it wasn't the same. HOWEVER.... I would never bash them.
As the saying goes.."1 man's treasure....." Enjoy August, Stay safe!
It's always busy so they are doing something right.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
pjard

We are regulars at Patrick's. If it was as bad as you say we wouldn't be. Try it again...

Last edited by pjard; 08-05-2017 at 12:03 PM.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Woody38

We have been to Patrick's in the past, not for the past two years. The food is ok, not great. Haven't been back because there is really nothing on the menu we are interested in. Sometimes a slightly rowdy crowd.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
We have been to Patrick's in the past, not for the past two years. The food is ok, not great. Haven't been back because there is really nothing on the menu we are interested in. Sometimes a slightly rowdy crowd.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
It's not a place to go if you want a quiet meal. They cater to a younger crowd that likes to drink. They are the spenders.

Last edited by Biggd; 08-05-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #9
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

I am with Woodsy. Been there quite a few times. Not a big fan, much better choices in the area at the same price point
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
Yum Yum Jack

Best steak tips and pulled pork potato skins around! Don't like Patrick's...... Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Yum Yum Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #11
sledneck

I'm willing to give anyplace a second chance. I have just never been that disappointed in one sitting(usually get either a good app. Or a good dinner). And winniwannabe I have been coming up this way for close to 40 years. I do have to say there was no concert on the night we dined,we got right in, the waitress was great, I expected much more based on previous reviews.
sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #12
Cyndaski

We were there a little over e a week ago and had a very disappointing experience. After waiting for our table for quite a while (which we don't mind), by the time we were seated the service we received was awful. We never did receive the appetizer we ordered after multiple reminders, we had to flag others down as they hurried past our table to have our drinks refilled and the food was mediocre. We were very disappointed as Patrick's has been a favorite of ours.

Cyndaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
Wine&Winni

I recently went to Patrick's after hearing good things and thought it was just OK. Could have been my meal choice or maybe they are busy on concert nights out of pure convenience. Either way, love a place or hate a place there is something for everyone up at the Lake. Don't like it, don't go back! Love it keep going and enjoy!

Wine&Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #14
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine&Winni View Post
Either way...there is something for everyone up at the Lake. Don't like it, don't go back! Love it keep going and enjoy!Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I think this is the key. We went to the Lyons Den a couple weeks ago--EVERYTHING we'd seen was positive, but we thought it was meh at best. Canoe, on the other hand, we've always had good experiences at, even though we've heard mixed reviews.

I look forward to trying Patrick's when we can.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 AM   #15
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I think this is the key. We went to the Lyons Den a couple weeks ago--EVERYTHING we'd seen was positive, but we thought it was meh at best. Canoe, on the other hand, we've always had good experiences at, even though we've heard mixed reviews.

I look forward to trying Patrick's when we can.

This is just the opposite of my experience. I've been to Canoe 4 times over the years and I will not go back. I didn't think the food was that good and the atmosphere was very stuffy. On the other hand I have also been to the Lyons Den 4 times and all have been wonderful, great food and great atmosphere.
Just a wild guess but, If you didn't like the Lyons Den then Patrick's is a step down from that so I doubt it would be to your liking.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #16
hockeypuck

Default Patricks

Have always had a pleasant experience at Patricks. Good drinks, friendly wait staff and very good food. Good value for the price. Love their "French Dip" sandwich.
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
This is just the opposite of my experience. I've been to Canoe 4 times over the years and I will not go back. I didn't think the food was that good and the atmosphere was very stuffy. On the other hand I have also been to the Lyons Den 4 times and all have been wonderful, great food and great atmosphere.
Just a wild guess but, If you didn't like the Lyons Den then Patrick's is a step down from that so I doubt it would be to your liking.
That was my point--no matter how many good reviews a place gets, customers' varied expectations will still lead to some not being jazzed.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #18
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
I agree exactly with what you say! I have been to the Lyons Den countless times and never once have I had a so so meal or experience. Always excellent food and service....Can't say so much for Canoe.

thinkxingu; Definitely not the norm what you experienced at Lyons Den. Give it another shot!

Dan
Old 08-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #19
Woodsy

I always have a good meal at Patrick's....

Woodsy
Old 08-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #20
joey2665

Default Opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I agree exactly with what you say! I have been to the Lyons Den countless times and never once have I had a so so meal or experience. Always excellent food and service....Can't say so much for Canoe.

thinkxingu; Definitely not the norm what you experienced at Lyons Den. Give it another shot!

Dan
Just goes to show I have the exact opposite opinion. I have never had a bad meal or bad service at Canoe, although if you do not have reservations you can wait a bit. Also have been to Lyons Den a few times, I love the location and the service is excellent I do find the food just good, not great
Old 08-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #21
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Just goes to show I have the exact opposite opinion. I have never had a bad meal or bad service at Canoe, although if you do not have reservations you can wait a bit. Also have been to Lyons Den a few times, I love the location and the service is excellent I do find the food just good, not great
I honestly have never heard anyone complain about the Lyons Den until now. As far as Canoe, I did give it 4 tries because I've heard people say good things about it but I've never had a good experience at Canoe so I'm done trying.
All three places, Patrick's, Canoe, and Lyons Den, have been in business for quite a while so they do appeal to a broad range of customer and must be doing something right because they are all busy. It's tough to please everyone but you just have to please enough people to keep the wolves away.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #22
joey2665

Default Not Complaining

Quote:
I honestly have never heard anyone complain about the Lyons Den until now. As far as Canoe, I did give it 4 tries because I've heard people say good things about it but I've never had a good experience at Canoe so I'm done trying.
Not complaining. I just think the food is ok not great, given the reviews over the years I guess I expected better. Never said I would not go back and also said I love the spot and the service is excellent. In my opinion there are places with better food at the same price point but you do need a change every so often so I am sure I will stop by again this season.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #23
JADAQ

I was a sports club member for 7 years up until this past January at renewal time. From food to service as well as prices have all taken a nose dive.
Stuffed mushrooms were my go to food at patricks, all I can say is disgusting! They must have changed cooks and or recipes because things have changed amongst other food items there and not for the better!
Pretty sad when each time you go in the bar manager has to be reminded to fix my bill to get the discount after already telling her UPON arrival. What a joke. And god forbid that woman ever smiles, what a crab.
I've ripped them apart on TripAdvisor many times , you think they'd read these reviews and put some effort into fixing the problems.
I'm guessing Alan Beetle and crew are more focused on the stupid indoor golf upstairs. Hope he never opens another restaurant!!
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #24
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
I was a sports club member for 7 years up until this past January at renewal time. From food to service as well as prices have all taken a nose dive.
Stuffed mushrooms were my go to food at patricks, all I can say is disgusting! They must have changed cooks and or recipes because things have changed amongst other food items there and not for the better!
Pretty sad when each time you go in the bar manager has to be reminded to fix my bill to get the discount after already telling her UPON arrival. What a joke. And god forbid that woman ever smiles, what a crab.
I've ripped them apart on TripAdvisor many times , you think they'd read these reviews and put some effort into fixing the problems.
I'm guessing Alan Beetle and crew are more focused on the stupid indoor golf upstairs. Hope he never opens another restaurant!!
I don't go to Patrick's, our choice (wife and I). Just a correction on your post. Alan Beetle has nothing to do with the Golf Club at Patrick's. The space is leased from Patrick's by one of the pro 's from Laconia. He does a marvelous job with the facility.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 08-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #25
SteveO123

Default Patrick's Pub

Not to pile on but we are not fans of Patricks at all. We tried several times over the years and it wasn't our kind of place. While we do prefer casual dining over anything fancy, we found "Meh..." food, crowds and iffy service at Patricks. We drive right past when going to Ellacoya Barn and Grill!

To each his/her own!
SteveO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #26
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO123 View Post
Not to pile on but we are not fans of Patricks at all. We tried several times over the years and it wasn't our kind of place. While we do prefer casual dining over anything fancy, we found "Meh..." food, crowds and iffy service at Patricks. We drive right past when going to Ellacoya Barn and Grill!

To each his/her own!
I'm with you Steve. Ellacoya all the way!!! Nicer crowd better service and food.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #27
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I'm with you Steve. Ellacoya all the way!!! Nicer crowd better service and food.
Yup, we love the Barn and Grill too especially on "Burger Monday's!!

Dan
Old 02-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #28
LongshotLombard

Default Patricks

Never had a Bad meal at Patricks, only up in summer, but always a good time there.
LongshotLombard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #29
Billy Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongshotLombard View Post
Never had a Bad meal at Patricks, only up in summer, but always a good time there.
What brought that on, you haven’t been there in months but suddenly feel the need to endorse the place
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM   #30
Major

Haven’t gone to Patrick’s since it’s public support of the WOW trail. Just say’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
LongshotLombard

Default Patricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
What brought that on, you haven’t been there in months but suddenly feel the need to endorse the place
Yup, you are correct, after I saw your comment I called my Cousin Richie, who is up there and is going tonight. so I will do my homework in the future.
Respectfully Submitted
Cousin Vinny
Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #32
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Yup, you are correct, after I saw your comment I called my Cousin Richie, who is up there and is going tonight. so I will do my homework in the future.
Respectfully Submitted
Cousin Vinny
Richie is so lucky... He can actually start a conversion with "My cousin Vinnie"
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #33
LongshotLombard

Default Cousin Vinnie

Youse Guys can use it too... We are probably related somewhere up the ladder
Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #34
Biggd

Quote:
Youse Guys can use it too... We are probably related somewhere up the ladder
And you can bring the two youts.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #35
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Great scene: "What's a yoot"?
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #36
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Great scene: "What's a yoot"?
A human child a few years older than a kid. As in all the teenagers are at the “yout” Center.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #37
LongshotLombard

Cool

Every time I bring My youts up to Meridith, they get the most spensive thing on the menu. And they Aint Youts anymore, 23 and 30. They think Im a fregan ATM machine. Like Rodney,"NO RESPECT"
Old 02-15-2018, 11:22 PM   #38
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Every time I bring My youts up to Meridith, they get the most spensive thing on the menu. And they Aint Youts anymore, 23 and 30. They think Im a fregan ATM machine. Like Rodney,"NO RESPECT"
Next time, you tell your Youts "when I eats, everybody eats! ". Then when the check comes, youse tells the Youts "when I pays, everybody pays! "

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #39
Biggd

I think I've got to watch that movie again this weekend. I need a good laugh!
Old 02-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #40
joey2665

Scene on the front porch of the cabin is the best. Being from NY I’ve seen a few women dress like that.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:18 AM   #41
Philbaggs

Default Staple

I have always enjoyed my time there and appreciate it for what it is . When I first moved to the area Patrick’s was one of the first places I experienced. The staff has always been very friendly and kind. You can tell they have a close knit bond there as well. Any business that has been able to sustains life long employees as they have and been around as long as they have is doing something right! And the owners do a lot for the community.
Philbaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:00 AM   #42
Riviera

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I don't go to Patrick's, our choice (wife and I). Just a correction on your post. Alan Beetle has nothing to do with the Golf Club at Patrick's. The space is leased from Patrick's by one of the pro 's from Laconia. He does a marvelous job with the facility.
Actually, Alan is one of five investors in the upstairs golf club. It is fully managed by a former Pro at Laconia Club, and I concur that he does an exceptional jod. Aside from the co-location, and Alan's partial investment, I don't believe there is any business overlap between Patrick's and the upstairs golf operation. Alan spends very little time managing any aspect of the golf business.

Alan spends an incredible amount of time with community events, and charities. Irrespective of one's local fining preferences, he should be lauded for those efforts.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote