Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
PatriGirl

Default Looking for a reputable contractor for small home project

Hi. I would like to have a new set of stairs (4-5 steps) built to replace the set that I currently have that lead from my driveway to my deck. The current stairs are built out of masonry blocks and are not up to code (3 steps only, each 10 inches high). One block has already crumbled and I want to remove the rest of them and have stairs built using the same decking materials I used to rebuild my deck this summer (pvc boards, trim boards and pvc railings).
Can anyone recommend a reputable contractor/builder in the Gilford area who could take on this simple job sooner rather than later. It is about an 8 hour job and I already have all materials ready to go.
Thanks for any leads you can provide!
PatriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
TheTimeTraveler

Keep in mind that you can purchase pre-cast concrete steps which have been poured off site and meet current building code requirements.

This might be a better, faster, and cheaper solution for you.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
dpg

I had recommended here and recently used Paul from All Seasons Home Services he did a good job, it was inside work but understand they handle all types of these little jobs. You won't find anyone worth a damn to come out too soon anyone with any reputation is usually out a month anyway. If you text shoot him something he'll respond 603-409-7981.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
PatriGirl

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Keep in mind that you can purchase pre-cast concrete steps which have been poured off site and meet current building code requirements.

This might be a better, faster, and cheaper solution for you.

Thank you TimeTraveler. While that sounds like a feasible option, I already purchased the materials when I thought the contractor who replaced my deck was going to do them. I'm not sure I can return the materials at this time, plus aesthetically I like the idea of the stairs matching the deck. But thank you for the reply and suggestion!
Old 09-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
PatriGirl

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I had recommended here and recently used Paul from All Seasons Home Services he did a good job, it was inside work but understand they handle all types of these little jobs. You won't find anyone worth a damn to come out too soon anyone with any reputation is usually out a month anyway. If you text shoot him something he'll respond 603-409-7981.
Thank you dpg, I will shoot him a text. I'm willing to wait on someone reputable!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #6
PatriGirl

Default No luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Sadly my text went unanswered. I have had extremely poor luck in getting people who I think are in business to actually return my calls or texts. Such poor business practice.....
Old 09-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
djwade4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriGirl View Post
Hi. I would like to have a new set of stairs (4-5 steps) built to replace the set that I currently have that lead from my driveway to my deck. The current stairs are built out of masonry blocks and are not up to code (3 steps only, each 10 inches high). One block has already crumbled and I want to remove the rest of them and have stairs built using the same decking materials I used to rebuild my deck this summer (pvc boards, trim boards and pvc railings).

Can anyone recommend a reputable contractor/builder in the Gilford area who could take on this simple job sooner rather than later. It is about an 8 hour job and I already have all materials ready to go.

Thanks for any leads you can provide!
Hi I’m Doug Wade. I would be more than happy to give you a free quote. 603- 770-3677.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
djwade4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:36 PM   #8
BrownstoneNorth

Default Recommend Dan Perkins

He did excellent work for us at a very reasonable price — plywood boards to cover stud walls in our basement. Easy to deal with, neat, and does both small and big jobs. This was several years ago but a Forum member posted a recommendation in 2018, so he may still be operating. Phone number in the post is the same one in my Contacts:

(603) 569-5728

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...91&postcount=4
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote