Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
Dave M

Default composte/electric/gas Toilet

I have a small camp in Moultonborough that doesn't have a toilet. Was thinking about putting a toilet , either composite, electric or gas. Am wondering if I need a permit to install or can I just install. Also is one type better than the other. This is for seasonal use.

Thanks Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
Dad sold the C * C

I remember this thread about incinolet scroll toward the end of the thread:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ight=incinolet

I have also used one of these and they can be as twitchy as a Head on a boat.
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
Wiezy

Default Incinolet - great for short team

Since Rattlesnake Guy did such a great job of walking through his experience, I thought I would chime in with ours having used a 240v Incinolet for the past 3 seasons at our camp. Basically I would say it is a great short term solution, as the odor, noise and liner user are a pain but a vast improvement over the alternative. We plan on installing septic in the near future but for now this gets us by. I've heard that the propane incinerators run much faster (20 instead of 90 minutes) but that they smoke even worse while running.

No permit required for the toilet installation itself, although it does require a 240v 20amp dedicated receptacle.
Wiezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
Formula260SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I have a small camp in Moultonborough that doesn't have a toilet. Was thinking about putting a toilet , either composite, electric or gas. Am wondering if I need a permit to install or can I just install. Also is one type better than the other. This is for seasonal use.

Thanks Dave M
Go with a composter hands down - the burn toilets are nothing but a PITA. I would go with a Sun Mar central unit. Ours is a beast, it takes a beating and just keeps on chuggin along making compost. I could never cost justify a septic on the island with the way this thing works. I know - you can't have the appliances you can with a septic but for pennies on the dollar I'll haul my laundry.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote