Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
Alpine girl

Default Window Cleaning

I called Lakes Region Window Cleaning on Saturday & spoke to Gerry. He seemed very nice. I told him that I was interested in having the outside of the windows of our condo cleaned. He said that they are booking out into August & that "being a condo, it would probably be cost prohibited ". In other words, it wasn't worth his time. He then suggested that I call his competition. In his online ad, it states "Servicing Central New Hampshire's Finer Homes and Businesses". I guess our condo wasn't fine enough or large enough sight unseen.
Alpine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Gnc

Try Great Northern Cleaning. They have done top level work for me in the past. As business gets better, I imagine that companies that do this are looking for continuing business as opposed to one time jobs. Expansion hirng is hard to do based on "one time" jobs.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (05-31-2016), WakeboardMom (06-16-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #3
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine girl View Post
I called Lakes Region Window Cleaning on Saturday & spoke to Gerry. He seemed very nice. I told him that I was interested in having the outside of the windows of our condo cleaned. He said that they are booking out into August & that "being a condo, it would probably be cost prohibited ". In other words, it wasn't worth his time. He then suggested that I call his competition. In his online ad, it states "Servicing Central New Hampshire's Finer Homes and Businesses". I guess our condo wasn't fine enough or large enough sight unseen.
Hmmmm............First post and a complaint about a local business. I guess Lake Winnipesaukee and all of the good things about the lake and the local area were never important enough for you to post anything previous to this post?

Maybe Winnipesaukee is not "fine enough" for you?
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
dpg

Alpine Girl - go to Wal Mart buy some Bounty Paper Towels and Glass Plus, spend an afternoon and bam...Done...Ok if they're up high then you have another problem.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default mop sueezee and pole

There is a really nice one at the local Aubuchon. Much better than Wally World cheapee and Lowes cheap product. The pole allows you to reach large windows.

I own two condos and this is the way to go! Good exercise and save big bucks!
Alpine girl (05-31-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2016, 03:14 PM   #6
Alpine girl

Default TiltonBB

Think what you'd like. I'm entitled to my opinion first post or not. Lake Winnipesuakee is beautiful & the local area is terrific as well. Have a nice day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpine girl For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (06-20-2016), WakeboardMom (06-16-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Think what you'd like. I'm entitled to my opinion first post or not. Lake Winnipesuakee is beautiful & the local area is terrific as well. Have a nice day.
You are entitled to your opinion, yes, but typically one should have some history before blasting a company on a public forum. Since no one here knows you, we assume you're a Negative Nancy or, in forum lingo, troll.

What was your point, anyway? There was no request for help or positive outcome, etc. You basically set up a box in the middle of the square and started shouting insults. Blech.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
TiltonBB (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #8
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, yes, but typically one should have some history before blasting a company on a public forum. Since no one here knows you, we assume you're a Negative Nancy or, in forum lingo, troll.

What was your point, anyway? There was no request for help or positive outcome, etc. You basically set up a box in the middle of the square and started shouting insults. Blech.

Lighten up and take her post as informational as she intended.
Didn't offend me in the least...
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
WakeboardMom (06-16-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
How was it informational?! The OP said the guy was nice and then proceeded into conjecture about why they might be busy and pricy. About as useless as it gets.

The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 07:44 PM   #10
Hillcountry

Quote:
How was it informational?! The OP said the guy was nice and then proceeded into conjecture about why they might be busy and pricy. About as useless as it gets.

Well...she called a window cleaning service and he basically, blew her off by saying it wasn't worth his time...the stated information tells me not to call this business for window cleaning...simple enough.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 PM   #11
thinkxingu

Quote:
Well...she called a window cleaning service and he basically, blew her off by saying it wasn't worth his time...the stated information tells me not to call this business for window cleaning...simple enough.
That's the thing, we have no idea if he blew her off--that's what she's inferring. I've been in situations just like this designing and installing home theater systems, and I'd hate for someone to blast me on a forum because I was busy and that the services I offered might not be what they're looking for.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:30 PM   #12
camp guy

Default Window cleaning

You gotta be kidding me! The world is coming apart at the seams, our own economy is struggling, people are getting shot, everybody seems to be mad at everybody, and this Forum sinks to a squabble about a comment concerning a window cleaning service. Holy @%&#!!!
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (06-02-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 08:31 PM   #13
TiltonBB

Quote:
No problem! When you have been here a while, and you can move beyond your complaints, you can actually learn how to spell Winnipesaukee!

You have a nice day too!
Old 05-31-2016, 08:47 PM   #14
HellRaZoR004

Just an observation. This forum is never nice to people that post negative reviews. You'll get criticized on your opinion, whether your new...or been around for a while.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HellRaZoR004 For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (06-02-2016), Billy Bob (06-20-2016), dpg (06-02-2016), Hillcountry (06-01-2016), Winnigirl (06-03-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 11:10 PM   #15
Winopt

Default Be careful what you say

When you own your own business, you must be careful what you say and how you say it. Otherwise, you are likely to have a forum discussing your business in a negative way.

For example, it would have been easy for the business to have said something like; "we are so happy you have considered our company to work at your property. Just so you are aware, our company has a minimum of xx dollars for a job. If that is acceptable to you, we would be happy to come out and give you a firm quote."

Then, the customer would have to make a decision, but likely not have been offended.
Winopt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winopt For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (06-02-2016), noreast (06-02-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #16
Waterfountain

Quote:

Assume, I'm sure you know what happens when you ass u me. Did you ever stop and think this person know what they are talking about and wanted to let others know what to expect. Were you picked on in the school yard and now you sit back where no one can see you and try to get back at everyone to get even. get a life.
Waterfountain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waterfountain For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (06-02-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfountain View Post
Assume, I'm sure you know what happens when you ass u me. Did you ever stop and think this person know what they are talking about and wanted to let others know what to expect. Were you picked on in the school yard and now you sit back where no one can see you and try to get back at everyone to get even. get a life.
Yeah, that's what I do--your response is ridiculous, as was the original post.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #18
Hillcountry

Everything is fine in the internet sandbox...
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #19
P-3 Guy

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, yes, but typically one should have some history before blasting a company on a public forum.
How much "history" is required before one is allowed to express a less than flattering opinion? Seriously, what is the interwebs etiquette on this? Five posts? Twenty posts? One hundred? OP has come back and is clearly now not a one-and-done drive by poster. Does that make the original post any more valid?
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (06-02-2016), Billy Bob (06-20-2016), upthesaukee (06-01-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #20
Alpine girl

Default thinkxingu

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I do--your response is ridiculous, as was the original post.

You're ridiculous! Get lost!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #21
Alpine girl

Default TiltonBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
No problem! When you have been here a while, and you can move beyond your complaints, you can actually learn how to spell Winnipesaukee!

You have a nice day too!
Give me a break. So I transposed a couple of letters. I will have a nice day! Thanks.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #22
Alpine girl

Default thinkxingu

Quote:
That's the thing, we have no idea if he blew her off--that's what she's inferring. I've been in situations just like this designing and installing home theater systems, and I'd hate for someone to blast me on a forum because I was busy and that the services I offered might not be what they're looking for.

Don't treat possible potential customers poorly & you won't get blasted on a forum.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:46 AM   #23
Alpine girl

Default dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Alpine Girl - go to Wal Mart buy some Bounty Paper Towels and Glass Plus, spend an afternoon and bam...Done...Ok if they're up high then you have another problem.
Thanks for the advise but I decided to stick to going the professional route. Many of the windows are quite high & I would hate for my husband or myself to fall off a tall ladder.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #24
Alpine girl

Default Hillcountry

Quote:
Thank you.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #25
NoBozo

Default Just Wondering

I have no Condo experience, but was wondering if Condo Associations allow "Outside" contractors to do work on association property..ie.. the common property outside the building. Maybe an insurance issue.

Maybe the association requires "outside" contractors to kickback part of their fee to the association, or just doesn't want to make it worthwhile for "outside" contractors to do business on condo properties, unless the association does the hiring.

Just wondering why the contractor seemed to suggest it might be expensive..or something. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #26
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I have no Condo experience, but was wondering if Condo Associations allow "Outside" contractors to do work on association property..ie.. the common property outside the building. Maybe an insurance issue.

Maybe the association requires "outside" contractors to kickback part of their fee to the association, or just doesn't want to make it worthwhile for "outside" contractors to do business on condo properties, unless the association does the hiring.

Just wondering why the contractor seemed to suggest it might be expensive..or something. NB
Typically the unit owner owns to tbe outside of tbe inside wall. The association owns the rest in common. Every association is different, some clean outside windows, others do not.
VitaBene is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
NoBozo (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #27
noreast

My guess is, most or all of his clients are million + houses or contract work and he's laser focused his business in that direction. Like someone said, It's also a balance of hiring or not. If you're not looking to grow into a market and would prefer to just do contract work or lots of repeat customers. You will be turning down a lot of work. It's not insulting, It's just business. At least he was honest enough. Many contractors will simply give an estimate 3X's what it should be and see if you bite, Then it's to good to walk away from. But OP did ask for other recommendations, There was a point beyond bashing. Quick edit, Many of the window washing co's in Bedford or Windham area have minimum sq' quotes.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #28
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreast View Post
It's not insulting, It's just business. At least he was honest enough. Many contractors will simply give an estimate 3X's what it should be and see if you bite, Then it's to good to walk away from.
This was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreast View Post
But OP did ask for other recommendations, There was a point beyond bashing.
Am I missing the request for recommendations?! If so, I would have taken the post much differently.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #29
noreast

Quote:
This was my point.

Am I missing the request for recommendations?! If so, I would have taken the post much differently.
I'm sorry, I guess I see what I want to see. Wow! And to think I just lectured my kid about reading comprehension.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #30
NoBozo

Maybe it's time for Alpine Girl to come back on and clarify things...like what are her Own Condo Rules ...for an outside contractor doing her windows...etc: look: NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:37 AM   #31
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Unless my house in Suissevale is worth millions I can assure you that Gerry will clean your windows schedule permitting.
VitaBene is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
KennyFromBoston (06-14-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #32
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Unless my house in Suissevale is worth millions I can assure you that Gerry will clean your windows schedule permitting.
Ok, There goes that theory as well.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #33
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Just Curious…..

…if Alpine Girl got her windows cleaned? Soon after she posted on this forum, we received higher than normal percentage of calls from Condominium owners requesting to have their windows cleaned. In the last 2 week period we have cleaned windows at most every Condominium Development in the Lakes Region…so we would like to Thank Alpine Girl….hopefully one if the units we cleaned was hers.

Frank, Erin and Crew.

www.greatnortherncleaning.com

www.facebook.com/greatnortherncleaning
Great Northern Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Great Northern Cleaning For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (07-31-2016), WakeboardMom (06-16-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #34
Alpine girl

Smile Increased Business

Hello Frank, Erin & Crew from Great Northern Cleaning. I am glad that business has picked up for you. Keep up the good work! I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,
Alpine girl
Old 07-31-2016, 06:37 PM   #35
Alpine girl

Default Update on Window Cleaning

Hi all. Just wanted to give you an update to my previous post. I did hire a company called Imperial Window Cleaning. I spoke to the owner who was very friendly & accommodating. He came to access the job & left the quote in the door as he said he would. We arranged a date for him to do the job. He did so, sent us a bill which we promptly paid by check & that was that. He did a good job & we never even met him. Thank you Imperial Window Cleaning!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alpine girl For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (08-02-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 06:40 PM   #36
Alpine girl

Default Our Condo Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
Maybe it's time for Alpine Girl to come back on and clarify things...like what are her Own Condo Rules ...for an outside contractor doing her windows...etc: look: NB
Hello NoBozo. Just wanted to get back to you about our condo rules. According to our association, the windows are totally our responsibility to replace, clean, etc. We did hire a company called Imperial Window Cleaning. I spoke to the owner who was very friendly & accommodating. He came to access the job & left the quote in the door as he said he would. We arranged a date for him to do the job. He did so, sent us a bill which we promptly paid by check & that was that. He did a good job & we never even met. Thank you Imperial Window Cleaning!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alpine girl For This Useful Post:
NoBozo (07-31-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 05:00 AM   #37
TiltonBB

Default Or you could try this

I bought one of these and it works very well. It cleans large windows fast without streaking. It vacuums the water so the usual mess from a regular squeegee is not there. If the windows are real dirty I pressure wash them first.

Amazon.com: Karcher WV 50 Window Vacuum Cleaning Power Squeegee Equipment Tool

http://3184402.r.msn.com/?ld=d3oHryQ...p%3d1335010026
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (08-14-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #38
chasedawg

Default New Day Window Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I bought one of these and it works very well. It cleans large windows fast without streaking. It vacuums the water so the usual mess from a regular squeegee is not there. If the windows are real dirty I pressure wash them first.

Amazon.com: Karcher WV 50 Window Vacuum Cleaning Power Squeegee Equipment Tool

http://3184402.r.msn.com/?ld=d3oHryQ...p%3d1335010026

You don't need one of these when you call Dale and Sarah of New Day Window Cleaning. They just finished our home. The windows and screens are spotless. What Dale uses is pure water technology. The water is heated and piped up on to a pole and brush. Zippo! He lets it dry and there are no streaks. Very reasonable priced and they are out of Wolfeboro. They have been in business since 1987. They can be reached at 603-569-2073.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (08-14-2016)
Old 08-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #39
Wolfeborough Diner

Henry Grover from Wolfeboro does a great job and his rates are very reasonable!
Wolfeborough Diner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfeborough Diner For This Useful Post:
Alpine girl (08-14-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #40
Downeast

There is a fellow traveling around in a red ranger that says "have squeegee will travel" .. I think he is insured. Ive seen his cards and truck around Meredith.

Worth giving him a try. ..
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:11 AM   #41
ishoot308

Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,913 Posts
Default Have Squeegee Will Travel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
There is a fellow traveling around in a red ranger that says "have squeegee will travel" .. I think he is insured. Ive seen his cards and truck around Meredith.

Worth giving him a try. ..
That's John Emery and he does a great Job at a very fair price! We have used him for a few years at our home in Gilford. He's a local one man show. He is also a veteran so he gets my support. He can be reached at (603) 455-0116.

Dan