Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Grandpa Redneck

Default Bonehead Camp Councilors

On the 4th Grandma n I put in on Lake Tarleton early to wait for our Daughter and 2 Grandkids to spend a nice day on the lake with us.
The Camp across the road (Camp Walt Witman) had their 2 boats there wake boarding and knee boarding.
We went out a onto the lake and anchored off to the side about 120 feet from the shore to drown a few worms while waiting for the family to arrive.

We could see the camp boats and I commented to Grandma that they were driving like morons out on the lake, they eventually headed in to swap the kids for a fresh load. Both boats came in at WAY OVER headway speed, with one of the morons running between us and the shore, throwing huge wakes and if we had not reeled in our lines in a hurry they would have run over them (on second thought might have been better if we hadn't).

Here is a shot of them at the ramp.

picture removed

After getting loaded they turned around and they both opened them up again throwing huge wakes not 20 feet off the ramp, also churned up the bottom a ****, and one went to each side of us as they headed out,

Here is a shot of the one that went between us and the shore.

picture removed

I then left the and returned home and called the Marine patrol and reported the jerks.

I went back up and when the family arrived we went over and anchored in a quiet little spot on the back side, to enjoy our day, but never did see the Marine patrol and haven't heard from them either. The camp clowns pulled out a little after 1.

When we pulled out around 5 Grandma spoke to the lake host about the camp clowns and she said a lot of the boaters had complained to her about the actions of the camp boats, but she could do nothing about it.

And before anyone thinks I was anchored in the way I was not, the area we were anchored in is well over 500 feet wide, we had about 120 feet to shore on the port side, and 400 plus feet to the starboard, also the spot we were anchored in was only 4-5 feet deep and only got shallower between us and shore, the deeper water was to the starboard side.

I am also not opposed to people having fun, we tube and ski behind our boat
and so do a lot of others on the lake , with a little common sense and courtesy it is never a problem.