Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default That's that!!

Greetings,

As you are all aware, we easily had the worst snowmobiling season that I can remember. It is unfortunate that all of the hard work and countless hours of volunteer time went for naught, but Mother Nature is fickle! The good news is that in spite of the weather we still had over 400 people join the club! That allowed us to pay our bills (heat, insurance, electricity, etc) that we incur regardless of whether it snows or not! Thank you for that, and for those of you that were able to send us extra funds to be used for trail maintenance and grooming.

Trying to look at things positively, we also will have to spend little on maintenance and repairs for our grooming fleet. We (well Pete Keenan) was able to cut brush and grass off all of our trails using our new brush cutter. We also purchased a new trailer that will allow us to move the Gator and brush cutter in one trip.

We still have to take signs and snow fencing down, so if you are available on Saturday AMs, we would love some help. We start at 8 at our garage on Highway Garage Drive (first left on the Neck Road).

This Saturday evening, March 19, we will have our regular Board meeting starting at 5PM at the Moultonborough Public Library on Holland Street. Then at 6PM, we will hold a general membership meeting where we will serve coffee and refreshments. Of course, any member is more than welcome to attend our Board meeting as well. I hope to see some of you there.

We will be holding our annual meeting and election dinner in April. Details to follow.

Regards,

John

John Harrington
President
Moultonborough Snowmobile Club
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (03-14-2016), trfour (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Greetings,

As you are all aware, we easily had the worst snowmobiling season that I can remember. It is unfortunate that all of the hard work and countless hours of volunteer time went for naught, but Mother Nature is fickle! The good news is that in spite of the weather we still had over 400 people join the club! That allowed us to pay our bills (heat, insurance, electricity, etc) that we incur regardless of whether it snows or not! Thank you for that, and for those of you that were able to send us extra funds to be used for trail maintenance and grooming.

Trying to look at things positively, we also will have to spend little on maintenance and repairs for our grooming fleet. We (well Pete Keenan) was able to cut brush and grass off all of our trails using our new brush cutter. We also purchased a new trailer that will allow us to move the Gator and brush cutter in one trip.

We still have to take signs and snow fencing down, so if you are available on Saturday AMs, we would love some help. We start at 8 at our garage on Highway Garage Drive (first left on the Neck Road).

This Saturday evening, March 19, we will have our regular Board meeting starting at 5PM at the Moultonborough Public Library on Holland Street. Then at 6PM, we will hold a general membership meeting where we will serve coffee and refreshments. Of course, any member is more than welcome to attend our Board meeting as well. I hope to see some of you there.

We will be holding our annual meeting and election dinner in April. Details to follow.

Regards,

John

John Harrington
President
Hi John:

How many days of good snowmobiling conditions were there this year? It must have been less than 5? I'm curious if you keep track of this information.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #3
Outdoorsman

Default Thank You VitaBene

Thank you for the hard work you and your members do YEAR ROUND. I hope to visit your trail system next year. We had an equally slow season in my area as well, but I will be out helping our crew refresh the trails in the fall.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Outdoorsman For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 06:32 AM   #4
Lakewinn1

Smile Thanks John

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Greetings,

Regards,

John

John Harrington
President

Thanks again for you and all the volunteers efforts this season
Lakewinn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #5
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Hi John:

How many days of good snowmobiling conditions were there this year? It must have been less than 5? I'm curious if you keep track of this information.
We did not have 1 here. We were closed all season. There were a few days where people did go out, but they would have been dodging rocks!
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (03-17-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2016, 05:39 AM   #6
secondcurve

Thanks for your reply. I knew it was bad but didn't realize it was quite that bad. Let's hope for a strong rebound in 2016/2017.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #7
Irish Choppers

Thumbs up Thank You for all that you do!

Hi John,

Thanks for all that you do to support the sport that many of us love and grew up with. I can't wait to pass it on to my grandsons.. #miniz

Mickey
Irish Choppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:52 AM   #8
chrider

Default Lots of work but no snow this season

I can't even add up how many hours I put in preparing for this season; clearing brush on trail days, putting up hundreds of signs, working on equipment, researching and acquiring new equipment, snow fences, trail upgrades, cleaning out culverts and owner relations... the list goes on and on. And we did not open the trails for one day! Hopefully next year will be the one that beats them all. Some times I ask myself if it's worth it.

Eric Erving
Vice President
Moultonboro Snowmobile Club
chrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrider For This Useful Post:
GTO (05-16-2016), jeffk (05-16-2016), raydoe1 (05-16-2016), WINNOCTURN (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 05:23 AM   #9
VitaBene

Thank you Eric, without you I do not know how the work would get done!!