Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #101
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
The upsetting hypocrisy is that most of those people came from a state with higher Covid numbers that has banned NH visitors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Bingo. "Hypocrisy" is the key. It's bad enough having to listen to all this coming from NH "authorities", but when the out of state people start preaching their "holier than thou" compliance protocols while sitting in the State of NH, that's the epitome of hypocrisy.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #102
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
You should tell that to the hundreds of out of staters that were climbing Mt. Major on Saturday.
Yes, this is a good point, and I would tell it to in-staters as well. One thing that too many people on both sides of the political spectrum have in common is the willingness to forget about the numbers when it suits them. "I have to protest for an important cause" is not much different than "Nobody's going to tell me to stay away from that bike rally", or "But Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday".
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #103
Sue Doe-Nym

Hypothetical journey Moultonborough to any town, MA via Everett and 3: the authorities can check EZ pass records, but only to state line as there aren’t any tolls once you’re in MA. Therefore, one could claim a visit to someone in Nashua, for instance. Once you have crossed into MA, however, are we expected to produce a negative COVID result? Will they put up roadblocks for out of state vehicles? Random stops? Sheesh! This is making Marie Callender entrees sound better and better. Seriously...does anyone know what to expect? Thanks.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (11-23-2020), pondguy (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #104
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Hypothetical journey Moultonborough to any town, MA via Everett and 3: the authorities can check EZ pass records, but only to state line as there aren’t any tolls once you’re in MA. Therefore, one could claim a visit to someone in Nashua, for instance. Once you have crossed into MA, however, are we expected to produce a negative COVID result? Will they put up roadblocks for out of state vehicles? Random stops? Sheesh! This is making Marie Callender entrees sound better and better. Seriously...does anyone know what to expect? Thanks.
You can invite FLL over and you can eat outside like the pilgrims.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #105
Sue Doe-Nym

Gentlemen...? Please stop. Please return to the recent post asking what to expect after crossing the state line. Thank you.. (#106)
��
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #106
pondguy

Quote:
I recommend the turkey pot pie. Yum !
pondguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #107
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,165 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Gentlemen...? Please stop. Please return to the recent post asking what to expect after crossing the state line. Thank you.. (#106)
��
Sorry, friend.

In any case, as someone who lives in NH and works in MA, I've been thinking a lot about my own activities. For example, I was supposed to get my hair cut and grab some egg nog at a local farm where I grew up, but I'm not supposed to.

On the one hand, there's no way to really enforce it and, honestly, it's annoying since I come from a state with lower numbers.

On the other hand, I don't want to be part of the problem.

Last edited by thinkxingu; 11-24-2020 at 04:51 AM.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #108
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Sorry, friend—just trying to point out what DEJ was doing when he tagged me in a few subsequent posts.

In any case, as someone who lives in NH and works in MA, I've been thinking a lot about my own activities. For example, I was supposed to get my hair cut and grab some egg nog at a local farm where I grew up, but I'm not supposed to.

On the one hand, there's no way to really enforce it and, honestly, it's annoying since I come from a state with lower numbers.

On the other hand, I don't want to be part of the problem.

I hear you....it’s a dilemma, for sure. We are being reasonably careful. We’ll be tested at Huggins today, and drive to MA Thursday if tests are negative. Pain in the derrière, but we feel it’s the least we can do. Happy Thanksgiving to all, wherever you land....even if Marie C is your chef!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
pondguy (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #109
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,165 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
I hear you....it’s a dilemma, for sure. We are being reasonably careful. We’ll be tested at Huggins today, and drive to MA Thursday if tests are negative. Pain in the derrière, but we feel it’s the least we can do. Happy Thanksgiving to all, wherever you land....even if Marie C is your chef!
I forgot to add a couple things: because of my recent close contact with students who either tested positive or were close contacts of students who tested positive, I'm to be "rapidly tested" at school tomorrow.

This also means that my in-laws will not be joining us for Thanksgiving, which my wife is terribly disappointed by.

It's definitely a year to find solace in the little things—we baked sugar cookies as a family the other night, which was wonderful.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #110
Mr. V

Quote:
It's unfortunate but the only thing you can do is control your own actions.
Indeed.

While wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing and washing / sanitizing your hands is mildly annoying, none of these actions cut as deeply into our human psyche as does avoiding close contact in our homes or elsewhere with friends and loved ones.

People are by nature social creatures, and being told / forced to not get close to anyone other than members of your immediate household can cause great distress, anxiety and resentment.

Consider this coming Thanksgiving: those who invite friends or family over for dinner, drinks and companionship could be inviting Covid-19 into their homes as well, or if they are asymptomatic carriers they could infect their guests.

While I'd rather not live in fear it is of first priority to me that I continue to live.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #111
DEJ

Hope your test is negative tomorrow think.
Going to be a different Thanksgiving at the DEJ house this year also, no family, just the two of us. Seems like the responsible thing to do at least for us anyway.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote