Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
Patofnaud

Default Stay in the boat!

Small PSA...

Not only is it very illegal to be outside the rails when your underway, it is VERY VERY dangerous.

A small bump, a rogue wave, and your chum.

A year back a 13 year old girl was killed in Waukewan when her father ran her over her.

Just this month in Wisconnson a lady almost died when she was sucked under her 'toon while sitting on the bow with her legs in the water in a NWZ.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...2-f10a33e41c46

In the above, they were just driving through a NWZ when someone elses stupidity triggered her bad judment resulting in going from the front deck to 30ft behind the boat.

What made me think of this?

The other day I was sitting on Weirs Channel near the marina's and a larger 'toon (I'll leave the exact description out) was going to get gas and the marina did right by yelling that a boat could not come in to dock until the teenage girl standing out on the front deck outside the rails went back in the boat.

Yep, they had the music blasting Santana, while drive back and forth waiting for an opening at the dock with a kid holding the rope outside the boat.

(Hint, if you can't hear the dock hands yelling to bring the kid inside, then you would not have heard her fall over either as you went forward and back.)

Last week while at the NASWA my wife and I watched a large cuddy cab (Formula or Crowline, not sure) on the other side of the bay with at least 6 people standing on the fore deck dancing with the toons blaring..

Especially on 'toons, there are no less than 6 stickers inside my front gate that says do not do it. (I'd even yell at Sister Teresa if she were to put one foot outside the rail while my engine is running.)

It's illegal, it's stupid and it is VERY dangerous. Stay inside the damn boat. Not that hard.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patofnaud For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-16-2020), SAMIAM (08-17-2020), TheTimeTraveler (08-14-2020)