Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
Newbiesaukee
Senior Member
 
Newbiesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Gables, winter; Long Island, summer
Posts: 929
Thanks: 465
Thanked 286 Times in 150 Posts
Default Anybody know about tie-up on RT 25 Center Harbor/Moultonborough?

My wife has been stuck in traffic for sometime with no movement.Thanks
__________________


"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,838
Thanks: 523
Thanked 492 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
My wife has been stuck in traffic for sometime with no movement.Thanks
Just burned through there at 2:20 with no problemos.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
Newbiesaukee
Senior Member
 
Newbiesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Gables, winter; Long Island, summer
Posts: 929
Thanks: 465
Thanked 286 Times in 150 Posts
Default

thx...she is still stuck. The good news is that I do all the cooking so at least we will have supper.
__________________


"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Outdoorsman (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
WakeboardMom
Senior Member
 
WakeboardMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NH X 2
Posts: 496
Thanks: 566
Thanked 111 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
thx...she is still stuck. The good news is that I do all the cooking so at least we will have supper.
My daughter was detoured around it on her way to work at Canoe from Moultonborough Neck Road. Not sure what time that was, but she's supposed to report for work at 3:00.
__________________
MarieM
WakeboardMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #5
Newbiesaukee
Senior Member
 
Newbiesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Gables, winter; Long Island, summer
Posts: 929
Thanks: 465
Thanked 286 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Don't know the answer but she made it home so I can serve roast chicken with Indian spiced gravy and French lentils with porcini mushrooms.
__________________


"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #6
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,838
Thanks: 523
Thanked 492 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Huh. We're having burgers.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
WINNOCTURN
Senior Member
 
WINNOCTURN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Moultonboro
Posts: 846
Thanks: 346
Thanked 351 Times in 193 Posts
Thumbs up Traffic Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
My wife has been stuck in traffic for sometime with no movement.Thanks
It was a Traffic Accident around the area of Glidden Road, Keepsake Quilting Offices. Lots of Cruisers, Fire Trucks, at least one Flatbed Wrecker and possibly an Ambulance.

All traffic was being diverted to Lake shore Drive.

Even after things cleared it was basically bumper to bumper from the lights in Center Harbor to Moultonboro Neck.

I live on the "NECK ROAD" and use a neat short cut to get around this kind of backup when going back.


Take the "BEAN" Road to Sibyl RD then turn on to Red Hill Road. Follow it out to RT 25. Turn Left to head to the center of town or turn Right to get back to Moultonboro Neck Road.

I think it is some times faster than RT 25 with normal summertime traffic let alone a Traffic accident!

WINNOCTURN
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (08-12-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 05:07 AM   #8
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,838
Thanks: 523
Thanked 492 Times in 282 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
It was a Traffic Accident around the area of Glidden Road, Keepsake Quilting Offices. Lots of Cruisers, Fire Trucks, at least one Flatbed Wrecker and possibly an Ambulance.

All traffic was being diverted to Lake shore Drive.

Even after things cleared it was basically bumper to bumper from the lights in Center Harbor to Moultonboro Neck.

I live on the "NECK ROAD" and use a neat short cut to get around this kind of backup when going back.


Take the "BEAN" Road to Sibyl RD then turn on to Red Hill Road. Follow it out to RT 25. Turn Left to head to the center of town or turn Right to get back to Moultonboro Neck Road.

I think it is some times faster than RT 25 with normal summertime traffic let alone a Traffic accident!

WINNOCTURN
Good to know--traffic on the hill has been pretty bad this year, especially if there after 4.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:53 AM   #9
TheProfessor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 452
Thanks: 16
Thanked 121 Times in 74 Posts
Default

There was another back up a mile or two past the Canoe - heading towards Meredith in early morning.
I turned around and took 25B.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:44 AM   #10
wifi
Senior Member
 
wifi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lakes Region
Posts: 1,321
Thanks: 282
Thanked 287 Times in 169 Posts
Default

The state was cleaning up the shoulders, getting ready for winter snow. They were out on 109 a week or two ago doing the same.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.26100 seconds