Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
LEBURM622

Talking The Looney Bin Bar & Grill

the looney bin bar & grill
warm beer, lousy food, good times...

coming to the lakes' region next month is a new bar & grill across from funspot!! make a point to check it out! should be good times... 16 types of draft beers, over 50 specialty shots, and lots more! outdoor deck & sand pit, juke box, and more fun than any bar in town!

Last edited by webmaster; 04-13-2005 at 10:07 PM. Reason: removed all caps
LEBURM622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Shuttle service?

Do they have a shuttle to and from the docks????
Old 04-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
LEBURM622

Default Shuttle Service

we are planning on having a shuttle actually. we are working on the insurance right now and will hopefully have success because we think it would be very beneficial for the area. we will keep the message board updated on our progress. thanks so much for the interest!

melissa
LEBURM622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
MTyo

Post Looney Bin - New Info

This post was very old from 2005. The Looney Bin changed hands in February of 2006 & has stayed the same since.

I am the owner, Michelle, and I have been working & living in Weirs Beach since 2003. The Looney Bin Bar & Grill is open year round & I would love to hear any of your thoughts or suggestions.

For those people who have never been to our place, we are located across from FunSpot. We have fresh, homemade, family recipe food served every day until last call. Our atmosphere is very comfortable, like you're sitting at a friends house. We want you to feel at home. We are a local watering hole that keeps you well fed & happy. The atmosphere is not recommended for children.

Please know that we are not just a "biker bar." We have a great group of people that visit us from all walks of life. From bikers to lawyers, construction workers to doctors, firemen to local restaurant workers. No matter what your occupation or background, everyone is equal when they step thru our doors! We take pride in the amount of charity events we do. It makes me proud to be able to give back to the great people that surround us!

I don't want to say much more. For any other info, please check out www.looneybinbar.com. We would love for you to give us a chance & check us out!

take care & hope to see you all soon!
Michelle
MTyo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MTyo For This Useful Post:
Gatto Nero (01-30-2009), idoso (06-19-2013), jeffk (01-27-2009), Nadia (01-30-2009), pondguy (02-04-2009)
Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
MaidenCove07

Default Looney Bin for fabulous food

I noticed that not many had posted about my favorite diamond in the rough here at the lake.
The Looney Bin not only has some of the best fresh chicken wings I've ever had, but a diverse menu with nearly all home-made treasures.
The meatball sub is fresh with lots of sauce and cheese, the chili has just the right amount of heat for a wimp like me while still being full of flavor, the mushroom cap appetizer is fresh with home-made sausage stuffing, the nachos are the best I've ever had with cheese and toppings layered through the whole serving, not just plopped on top. The pasta salad side dish is also home-made and so very fresh and tasty. The onion rings are hand battered and not so thick that you need utensils to eat them with. I'm sure there are things I love on the menu that I've not mentioned, but I'll leave something to the imagination.
Then there's the specials each week, non-menu items and this time of year, that means home-made soups ans stews and comfort foods.
Michelle uses local farm products when she can and is open year round
The Looney Bin looks like a Biker Bar from the outside, but you don't need a hog to feel welcomed.
OK, so you probably guess that I'm a fan, and it pains me to share my favorite spot with more fans cuz it means I'm less likely to get a seat next time I go, but Michelle and her staff really deserve your attention thanks to their attention to detail, quality, service and the community.
Next time you're flying by Funspot, stop in, taste one of their specialty shots and try the Sweet Heat wings - you'll not be sorry.
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaidenCove07 For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (10-25-2012), Redwing (10-25-2012), tricia1218 (10-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
Sunrise Point

Smile Diamond in the rough - Yes!

We were also pleasantly surprised when we stopped there 2 years ago. The food is VERY good. Our favorite lunch is to split a Chicken Ceasar Wrap and share an appetizer of their stuffed mushrooms along with a few adult beverages.

I have come close to duplicatiing their stuffed mushrooms in my own kitchen and always bring them along to parties and potlucks. I always mention where the recipe originated and people are amazed to hear that it's not just a biker bar.

If you haven't tried it, put it on your list of places to visit.

p.s. we have no financial or family connection to the Bin. It doesn't matter if you go there by bike, Beetle, or Buick; the food is great.
Sunrise Point is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunrise Point For This Useful Post:
idoso (10-25-2012), Redwing (10-25-2012)
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
MaidenCove07

Default And have you tried the Pulled Pork? or the Reuben??? WOW!!!

I've been a seasonal "local" at the Looney Bin for about 5 years now and never bothered to order the Pulled Pork sandwich.
Why?
Because I'm a dummy!!!!
I get a menu everytime, I look at it, and look some more, then order my favorites - sweet heat wings, chili nachos and a side of the scrumptious home made pasta salad.
Well, you get a nice surprise when you get outta your comfort zone....the Pulled Pork sandwich is to die for!
Made my way to that menu item after watching Todd smoke dozens of pork pieces all during Bike Week (I think they were either shoulders or butts, never bothered to ask cuz it was so busy). Figured I'd have to give that a try and WOW was I glad I did. Even turned a few other regulars with predictable appetites onto it.
Then there's the Reuben with HOME MADE Thousand Island dressing on grilled Rye (or wheat when I;m in the mood for that). Piled high with tender meat you know is right of the corn beef brisket, not packaged deli crap. Yummy sauerkraut (if you like it, but leave it off if you don't and you'll still be pleased). The flavor is out of this world and I highly recommend an extra side of the sauce...

Anyway, don't let the looks fool ya! It's not a Biker Bar, it's a casual dining restaurant with flavors for every palette!
Even Adam Richman from Man Vs. Food stopped in!
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaidenCove07 For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (06-19-2013), Woodsy (06-19-2013)
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Love the Bin!!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
pondguy (06-19-2013), Woodsy (06-19-2013)
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
Woodsy

Love the Looney Bin! Michelle and her staff ROCK! The food is good, the beer cold and the staff is friendly!

Woodsy
idoso (06-20-2013)