Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
secondcurve

Default Stacey Burns 20/20 investigation tonight

20/20 is airing a show tonight on the 2009 Mothers Day murder of Stacey Burns at 10PM.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/slideshow...stery-12607480
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
sa meredith (01-21-2011)
Old 01-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
christo1

Default 20/20

I watched the show last night and thought it was well done .I do not know any of the people involved but came away thinking they both seemed plausible suspects. I wonder if the state police have settled on one suspect and just dont have the evidence.

It is sad though that those young kids will have to grow up with out their mother.Does anyone know if the father has custody of the children ?
christo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
sa meredith

Default boyfriend

I watched it, and until last nigtht was not very familiar with the whole thing.
It would seem the only hard evidence points to the boyfriend. Sort of convenient that he had her help him with a splinter...which is why his DNA is under her nails. And the scratch on his face...just got it at work??? Maybe?
The ex-husband seemed like the nastier person, yet no hard evidence, and an apparent aliby.
You would think, with such a brutal crime scene, the killer would have slipped up somewhere, and left a trail. Blood in their car, a footprint, fingerprint...something. Surprising.
It was clearly well planned.
What a shame.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

I don't think I saw anything in the program that we hadn't heard already or that changed my mind about who did it. I just feel so sorry for whoever is innocent and has to go through this waiting and for the people who already moved out of town and all the lives that were disrupted. Can you imagine being one of the suspects and know you are not guilty? And of course I feel bad for the kids too. Ed did get the kids.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I don't think I saw anything in the program that we hadn't heard already or that changed my mind about who did it. I just feel so sorry for whoever is innocent and has to go through this waiting and for the people who already moved out of town and all the lives that were disrupted. Can you imagine being one of the suspects and know you are not guilty? And of course I feel bad for the kids too. Ed did get the kids.
What I took away from the show is an understanding of why it has taken so long to solve this terrible case.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
sa meredith

Default curious

I'm curious who other people think is guilty...and more importantly, why you think that way.
I did not follow the original thread...so sorry if things are redundant.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
What I took away from the show is an understanding of why it has taken so long to solve this terrible case.

That's so true. Although the program seemed to point the finger at Ed or Jimmy, it could have been others.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
ClosetExtrovert

Default Saw the show Friday night

I know no one involved, and I'm hesitant to post anything because you never know who could be reading here (Think little people with murdered mother) The entire story is horrendous. While the husband seems like the controlling type that would have done it, he appears to have an alibi. The other guy seems like a likable type, but with stalking tendencies (?!). What a mess. I can see why no arrests have been made. And these two men will live with suspicion over them forever.
Is it possible it was someone else? Someone else who felt passionate enough over this poor woman to do such a thing?
ClosetExtrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
I watched it, and until last nigtht was not very familiar with the whole thing.
It would seem the only hard evidence points to the boyfriend. Sort of convenient that he had her help him with a splinter...which is why his DNA is under her nails. And the scratch on his face...just got it at work??? Maybe?
The ex-husband seemed like the nastier person, yet no hard evidence, and an apparent aliby.
You would think, with such a brutal crime scene, the killer would have slipped up somewhere, and left a trail. Blood in their car, a footprint, fingerprint...something. Surprising.
It was clearly well planned.
What a shame.
I agree with all that you have said, and his ex-wife saying that he went there after the movie at 11:00 pm just doesn't sit right with me. The whole stalking thing, and the cut on his face has me believing it is him, plus no one goes to someone house after watching a movie at 11:00 pm. Its hard to believe the kids didn't hear anything, such a horrible crime. I hope they arrest someone soon.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
old coot
Deceased Member

Quote:
I'm curious who other people think is guilty...and more importantly, why you think that way.
I did not follow the original thread...so sorry if things are redundant.
I became convinced that Vittum (the boyfriend) did it when he explained that upon coming on the murder scene, he hung out with the cops (as it were) to make sure they understood about his bloody splinter and other damning evidence.
I think an innocent man would have gone home.
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #11
crash

1) vittum and the ex wife seem to be a team considering she stated that she heard him come in and she heard him leave but she never said she saw him.

2) as soon as Stacey was murdered Thor left town seems kinda odd.

3)and also if you watched burns face through the interview his eyes were most of the time looking out somewhere or looking down.

and the oddest one is. if your going over someones house to have coffee in the morning why would you stop and buy a coffee and sit down the street from the house and drink it. most people if your going to visit and have coffee you drink the coffee thats made when you get there. just my opinion.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by old coot View Post
I became convinced that Vittum (the boyfriend) did it when he explained that upon coming on the murder scene, he hung out with the cops (as it were) to make sure they understood about his bloody splinter and other damning evidence.
I think an innocent man would have gone home.
I think that made a lot of people think he is guilty, old coot. But maybe he is just not sophisticated (if that is the word I want?) enough to keep quiet. After all, he didn't have a lawyer sitting behind him like Ed was smart enough to do.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
sa meredith

Default opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I think that made a lot of people think he is guilty, old coot. But maybe he is just not sophisticated (if that is the word I want?) enough to keep quiet. After all, he didn't have a lawyer sitting behind him like Ed was smart enough to do.
Just an opinion...but put me down for the boyfriend.
Why, In God's name, if he just found out this person he loves so much, is dead, would he react like that? An innocent person, in love with the deceased, would be in total shock. And, I would guess the police would say she was found dead, not murdered. Yet, he goes to the police, and says,"You have to take look at me". Even if they said she was found murdered, how would he know it was not a murder/suicide, and both bodies were found inside?
Honestly...I can see maybe down the road, in a few days, going to the police to say, you should look at me...but an innocent perosn would not even think of such a thing, right at that very second, at the scene. You would think he would be in total shock...and maybe blurt something out about the ex-husband. Not, "take a look at me".
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #14
tis

Quote:
Just an opinion...but put me down for the boyfriend.
Why, In God's name, if he just found out this person he loves so much, is dead, would he react like that? An innocent person, in love with the deceased, would be in total shock. And, I would guess the police would say she was found dead, not murdered. Yet, he goes to the police, and says,"You have to take look at me". Even if they said she was found murdered, how would he know it was not a murder/suicide, and both bodies were found inside?
Honestly...I can see maybe down the road, in a few days, going to the police to say, you should look at me...but an innocent perosn would not even think of such a thing, right at that very second, at the scene. You would think he would be in total shock...and maybe blurt something out about the ex-husband. Not, "take a look at me".
I can't disagree with you. I really don't know----
Old 01-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
Tiger Lilly

I was able to watch it from the ABC site:

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020-/SH5590...ers-day-murder

Wow, who knows?
Tiger Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger Lilly For This Useful Post:
Greene's Basin Girl (01-27-2011)