Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts
Default Meredith Sculpture Walk

I think the Meredith Sculpture Walk is AWESOME. I love strolling with my family and checking them out. I especially appreciated the "What a long strange trip it's been" from last year—I thought about it often during the peak of the pandemic.

Today, I noticed a brandy new one: a yellow face out of a bucket of paint. If anyone happens to get a great photo of it, I'd love to have it on my phone. I will attempt to capture one at some point otherwise, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:47 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I think the Meredith Sculpture Walk is AWESOME. I love strolling with my family and checking them out. I especially appreciated the "What a long strange trip it's been" from last year—I thought about it often during the peak of the pandemic.

Today, I noticed a brandy new one: a yellow face out of a bucket of paint. If anyone happens to get a great photo of it, I'd love to have it on my phone. I will attempt to capture one at some point otherwise, but thought I'd throw it out there.

It's starting to get national attention which is great. They have 26 new sculptures this year.
It's unfortunate that they didn't get the new maps out yet but they are experiencing the same issues as everyone else, lack of help.
My neighbor heads up the all volunteer installation crew and they need help also. He asked me but it was last minute and my June was full.
All the sculptures arrive the beginning of June and they try to have it all done for July 4th weekend but this year was a struggle.
My grandkids love following the map and picking out every sculpture. It's become an annual 4th of July event but we had no map this year.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
ApS (07-09-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
It's starting to get national attention which is great. They have 26 new sculptures this year.
It's unfortunate that they didn't get the new maps out yet but they are experiencing the same issues as everyone else, lack of help.
My neighbor heads up the all volunteer installation crew and they need help also. He asked me but it was last minute and my June was full.
All the sculptures arrive the beginning of June and they try to have it all done for July 4th weekend but this year was a struggle.
My grandkids love following the map and picking out every sculpture. It's become an annual 4th of July event but we had no map this year.
We've never bothered with the map as it's always spontaneous, but with so many now, it might help.

Have you seen that new yellow one?

Old 07-09-2021, 11:01 AM   #4
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Speaking of that what the heck is with the pieces of different sized plastic culvert bolted together. That's considered a "sculpture"? LMAO!

That yellow thing is creepy looking but at least that took some serious talent to make.

Apparently I have no appreciation for "abstract art". Half that stuff I look at it and just scratch my head. Maybe I missed my calling and all I need to do is go dumpster diving, weld a few random pieces of junk together and vola! I am an artist too.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
We've never bothered with the map as it's always spontaneous, but with so many now, it might help.

Have you seen that new yellow one?

Yes, we walked them all this past week. My grandkids like to follow the map and read the signs. They are learning how to read.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Ok, this is absolutely my favorite (current) sculpture on the walk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Biggd (07-09-2021), garysanfran (07-10-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #7
Mink Islander

Default The artist is…

Michael Alfano. Michaelalfano.com.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (07-12-2021)