Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Broken Glass

Default A Real Jerk

Saturday evening I was returning to the marina with my wife. As we entered the channel at the Weirs we were cut off by a red 353 Fastec. The guy proceeded right down the center of the channel with no regard for oncoming boat traffic. At the South end of the no wake zone, the guy jumped up on plane. Once he was on plane he jerked the boat to the right and proceeded to run right through the middle of a flock of swimming Geese. (There have been a couple of families of geese in Paugus Bay since spring). We motored over to where the geese had been and found feathers all over the place, and a dead goose floating upside down. By this time the Fastec was gone. We were in my Formula, and headed for Lakeport Landing where we keep our boat. I assumed the other boat went there as well but the boat not there. I went up and down all the docks upon arrival and the boat was nowhere to be seen. I wish I had gotten the guys numbers so that I could have turned him in. I can only assume that with this type of boat behavior, this guy will get his someday.
Broken Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
RailroadJoe

Sounds like one of the people that cause all those laws to be passed on the lake. Too bad you couldn't call the MP on him.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
onthebay

Default Too Sad

Broken Glass, based on where you said this happened they may have been part of the nesting pair that came back every year we were there. The mother and goslings used to swim up and down the the shore of the beach. Probably because once it got going out in the bay it was the safest place.
onthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Lucy Goose

Let's hope he gets his! Some people think they own the world!
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
jrc

So you saw someone commit a federal crime, at least I think intentionally killing migrating waterfowl is still a federal crime.

They were in a $400,000 boat, how many can there be on the lake? You should report them.

We're not talking about someone chasing a seagull in kayak.

Call the MP and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. It's a federal crime, the FWS has jurisdiction.

http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/Re.../mbtintro.html
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I don't think geese are protected any more are they? I know they sure do make a mess of your yard! Thanks to Samiam, I think I have them under control now. Still, I can't imagine anyone doing something so mean.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
surfnsnow

what a dick
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Gavia immer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Glass View Post
Saturday evening I was returning to the marina with my wife. As we entered the channel at the Weirs we were cut off by a red 353 Fastec. The guy proceeded right down the center of the channel with no regard for oncoming boat traffic. At the South end of the no wake zone, the guy jumped up on plane. Once he was on plane he jerked the boat to the right and proceeded to run right through the middle of a flock of swimming Geese. (There have been a couple of families of geese in Paugus Bay since spring). We motored over to where the geese had been and found feathers all over the place, and a dead goose floating upside down. By this time the Fastec was gone. We were in my Formula, and headed for Lakeport Landing where we keep our boat. I assumed the other boat went there as well but the boat not there. I went up and down all the docks upon arrival and the boat was nowhere to be seen. I wish I had gotten the guys numbers so that I could have turned him in. I can only assume that with this type of boat behavior, this guy will get his someday.
Could it be described as white, with a large section of red graphics towards the back?

"Real Jerk" operation was seen at 11 Saturday morning, through Barber Pole.
Gavia immer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
So you saw someone commit a federal crime, at least I think intentionally killing migrating waterfowl is still a federal crime.

They were in a $400,000 boat, how many can there be on the lake? You should report them.

We're not talking about someone chasing a seagull in kayak.

Call the MP and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. It's a federal crime, the FWS has jurisdiction.

http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/Re.../mbtintro.html
Couldn't duck hunting be described as killing migrating waterfowl?

While killing anything just to kill it is obviously in poor taste, I must say that the loss of one of these pesky geese doesn't bother me much. Fortunately, it wasn't a loon.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (06-12-2012), VitaBene (06-12-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
Coolbreeze

I think your focus would be more productive for the violations of speed and careless operating and maybe BUI.
The last time I read the laws for migratory birds, the fine for killing a federally protected bird out of season, including a canadian goose is around $1000. You need to have the body of the bird and a witness present to get nailed. Geese are "protected" but sadly they are becoming major threats to the health of our waterways and overall ecosystems because they are not migrating out of areas they way they used to. Their dropped fecal material increases ecoli in the soil, on beaches and in the water column distroying the quality for the other creatures living in it and drinking it. Sooo encouraging geese to move on is good; but I don't think running the birds over is a way to control these dirty resident rats with wings.
In this case karma may be the only way to hope he gets his due. Maybe feathers got lodged in his air intake or filters and it will cause the turbo in the engine to blow apart. That has got to cost more than $1000.
Educate yourselves and Google the problems related to resident Canadian geese, although cute these birds are dangerous to us all if their populations are let go to multiply. More recently the FAA stated that the reason the airliner that crash landed in the Hudson a few years ago was caused by an engine failure due to a strike of flying resident Geese from the nearby areas.
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coolbreeze For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (06-12-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Sunday around 6:30

The marine patrol actually planed through the Weirs channel weaving around the boats. I hope this was justifiable as an elderly woman in a kayak was flipped over from the wake. A passing boat assist. I did report it to Lt. Dunleavy and he said he will look into it. I hope someone else report it. I don't think reporting any abuse to the dispatch in Glendale will do the trick. Go to the top.

Another event I find totally ridiculous. The Peter Makris Memorial Run, the boats were following the Laconia Fire dept rescue boat around the lake. I don't think we ever went over 40. An MP officer mentioned to us they received a number of complaints from the shore of a high speed race on the lake, even with a fire boat up front with flashing lights! Rabble Rousers.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
jrc

I thought it was obvious that I was being satirical?

I mean this spring we had dozens of posts about a cigarette butt, about evils of bacon grease, the dangers of mass tubing, the EPA's take on cremated bodies, burned down buildings falling on corrupt construction workers building a stupid rotary and I can't remember what other breathless dangers.

It Italy they have a saying, there is a rule for everything. no one follows the rules.

It must be the rain... all I can say is lighten up, it's almost summer!
The Following User Says Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
Dblblkdiam (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #13
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
I think your focus would be more productive for the violations of speed and careless operating and maybe BUI.
The last time I read the laws for migratory birds, the fine for killing a federally protected bird out of season, including a canadian goose is around $1000. You need to have the body of the bird and a witness present to get nailed. Geese are "protected" but sadly they are becoming major threats to the health of our waterways and overall ecosystems because they are not migrating out of areas they way they used to. Their dropped fecal material increases ecoli in the soil, on beaches and in the water column distroying the quality for the other creatures living in it and drinking it. Sooo encouraging geese to move on is good; but I don't think running the birds over is a way to control these dirty resident rats with wings.
In this case karma may be the only way to hope he gets his due. Maybe feathers got lodged in his air intake or filters and it will cause the turbo in the engine to blow apart. That has got to cost more than $1000.
Educate yourselves and Google the problems related to resident Canadian geese, although cute these birds are dangerous to us all if their populations are let go to multiply. More recently the FAA stated that the reason the airliner that crash landed in the Hudson a few years ago was caused by an engine failure due to a strike of flying resident Geese from the nearby areas.
I heard paint ball guns work well at making them not want to retrun to an area.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
Misty Blue

Default Jerks come in packs!

First, Coolbreeze...
You are so right about those filthy birds! They will destroy a lake, pond or bay in no time. They are starting to breed in Smith Cove!

We spend big bucks to try to deal with milfoil. Geese are the next trouble spot.

Now for the jerks. A few years ago our neighbor rented out his cabin. The family were nice and we would say hello every morning. One day he had a guest.

A loon pair, with chick, were swimming along through the bay when the guest (sorry, jerk) jumped on a jet ski and ran 'em over!!!!

I saw RED and used some language that would make a sailor blush.I was firing up the Joy when the renter came running over to my dock and begged me to cool off. He got the jerk and we didn't see him or the jet ski for the rest of the week.

No birds were hurt, just ruffled feathers. To this day I ask myself if I wasn't too easy on him.

Misty.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misty Blue For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-12-2012), NickNH (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I heard paint ball guns work well at making them not want to retrun to an area.
Send one over! I thought I had gotten rid of them with ropes and flags, but they have become smart, they seem to not be so afraid of them and are either getting over them or under them. They have 5 babies now. I have just finished raking up pounds of you know what. Disgusting. You can't even walk.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
BroadHopper

Default Jerks come in all shapes.

I've seen to many canoeists, kayakers, rowboaters, sailboaters, pontoon goons, etc. try to get close to a loon and or a family of Loons. Either to gawk or to scare them away. In today's society, playing citizen cop can land you in all shorts of bad waters, I try hard to keep to myself. I respect the loon habitat and generally steer the other way.

Stand at a crosswalk at or near the Weirs. Ever notice how many drivers obey the 'Stop fo pedestrian law'? They do if there is police present.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
tis

Yes, people are so stupid sometimes. They will take their canoe or kayak right up close to the loons and then the loons feel trapped so try to go out around them. Then the loons are out in the middle of the lake. I have seen this happen so often. I would think when people see them start to try to move around them, they would stop, but they don't. I just can't understand.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #18
NoRegrets

Many times the loons surface from a feeding dive near my kayak. There are always several in Paugus bay and they do not seem to be shy.

I do not think these birds are that timid unless they have their young ones with them.

They are majestic and should not be tampered with but they seem to be able to "fly" under water for several hundred feet. It is exciting when they surface near you.
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
Many times the loons surface from a feeding dive near my kayak. There are always several in Paugus bay and they do not seem to be shy.

I do not think these birds are that timid unless they have their young ones with them.

They are majestic and should not be tampered with but they seem to be able to "fly" under water for several hundred feet. It is exciting when they surface near you.
You are right. I was talking about when they have a baby. Sorry, I should have clarified that. They try to keep the newborn in a protected area out of the middle. People want to see the baby so paddle right in.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
pm203

How disgraceful. This guy sounds like a real p.o.s.
pm203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #21
bigdog

Default A Real Jerk !

I'm disgusted with the behaviour of this guy as everyone else are, but I believe in the saying 'What goes around, comes around', will eventually apply. Just what the lake needs, another ignorant, yahoo boater, creating havoc !

I suspect these type boaters' don't use lake charts when boating, b/c they know everything, and can't be told anything, and rules apply to others, not them.

That said, I'm putting my faith in the 'Smile of the Great Spirit', to place a rock in the path of this guys prop, when he least expects it !

'What goes around, comes around' !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post:
NickNH (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I'm disgusted with the behaviour of this guy as everyone else are, but I believe in the saying 'What goes around, comes around', will eventually apply. Just what the lake needs, another ignorant, yahoo boater, creating havoc !

I suspect these type boaters' don't use lake charts when boating, b/c they know everything, and can't be told anything, and rules apply to others, not them.

That said, I'm putting my faith in the 'Smile of the Great Spirit', to place a rock in the path of this guys prop, when he least expects it !

'What goes around, comes around' !
If he came from Lakeport like someone said he headed for it makes sense.
Boats probably in one of the closed slips on a lift, lots of yahoos in LP.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
pm203

Quote:
, lots of yahoos in LP.
How do you figure that?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
Dave R

Quote:
Saturday evening I was returning to the marina with my wife. As we entered the channel at the Weirs we were cut off by a red 353 Fastec.
Did he cut you off from your starboard side? I'm thinking that's the only possibility if you are headed toward PB when entering the channel.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
BroadHopper

Default I'm from LP

You calling me a Yahoo?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #26
Jonas Pilot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
You calling me a Yahoo?
Only if you're from Breckinridge.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #27
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
How do you figure that?
Other then things my wife and I have seen with our own eyes.
No further comment.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #28
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
It must be the rain... all I can say is lighten up, it's almost summer!
I was thinking the same thing.... people seem to be complaining about the littlest things.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #29
Broken Glass

He cut me off from my port side as I was idling along in front of the Weirs. He was not from Lakeport but I am. Like I said, we looked for the boat when we got back and it was not there. The only place it could have gone without us seeing it would have been behind Christmas Island. What would make someone assume that there are alot of Yahoos in Lakeport?
The Following User Says Thank You to Broken Glass For This Useful Post:
Dave R (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #30
gtagrip

I thought the "speed Limit" was supposed to get rid of this type of behavior/Cowboys?
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
pm203

Quote:
Other then things my wife and I have seen with our own eyes.
No further comment.
Whatever...........
The Following User Says Thank You to pm203 For This Useful Post:
diz (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #32
Rangervx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
I thought the "speed Limit" was supposed to get rid of this type of behavior/Cowboys?
speed limit doesn't have anything to do with it...we see people doing stupid things on the road every day and there are speed limits...always a few idiots ruining things for the rest
Rangervx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #33
BroadHopper

Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #34
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangervx View Post
speed limit doesn't have anything to do with it...we see people doing stupid things on the road every day and there are speed limits...always a few idiots ruining things for the rest
Rangervx, I was being cynical. I don't want to turn this into a speed limit debate, but the behavior spoke about here was exactly the reason why a certain group fought hard for the SL.
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #35
BroadHopper

Quote:
Rangervx, I was being cynical. I don't want to turn this into a speed limit debate, but the behavior spoke about here was exactly the reason why a certain group fought hard for the SL.
I suppose if it was a pontoon goon, I would say where are the MPs? Wasting time looking for speeders?

It's all depends on what side of the fence you are on. The majority of arrests every year have nothing to do with speed. The numbers don't lie.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #36
John A. Birdsall

Default names

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I suppose if it was a pontoon goon, I would say where are the MPs? Wasting time looking for speeders?
"Pontoon goon?" Nice call, I suppose that all those high speed pontoon boats on the lake are stirring up all sorts of wakes. That is one boat that has multiplied on the lake since 1984 and I see no need to call names on this forum.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
SIKSUKR

Don't we have a member named PontoonGoon?
BroadHopper (06-15-2012)
Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #38
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Don't we have a member named PontoonGoon?
pontoon is to the lake as a minivan is to the road.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #39
pm203

Quote:
Yes. Practical and comfortable, but you wouldn't want to be seen on one.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #40
Happy Gourmand

Default Pontoon Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
Yes. Practical and comfortable, but you wouldn't want to be seen on one.
I would have agreed with you a few years ago. Have you seen any of the new ones they have now? Beautifully appointed with seating at least as comfortable as any boat I've ever owned or been on. And the ride...on a Saturday or Sunday, they handle the lake so well that my wife no longer hollers at me if we hit a wave. The grandkids can roam from one seating area to another, they no longer are confined to a single seat. And some of these pontoons can exceed the speed limit on the lake. Oh, and another thing, you step aboard, not climb in...a real plus as you get age challenged.
A very happy boater here with access to 2 pontoon boats, 2 bow riders and a small cruiser...thanks to the American Boat Club.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #41
pm203

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
I would have agreed with you a few years ago. Have you seen any of the new ones they have now? Beautifully appointed with seating at least as comfortable as any boat I've ever owned or been on. And the ride...on a Saturday or Sunday, they handle the lake so well that my wife no longer hollers at me if we hit a wave. The grandkids can roam from one seating area to another, they no longer are confined to a single seat. And some of these pontoons can exceed the speed limit on the lake. Oh, and another thing, you step aboard, not climb in...a real plus as you get age challenged.
A very happy boater here with access to 2 pontoon boats, 2 bow riders and a small cruiser...thanks to the American Boat Club.
I will agree that they have come a long way. And some of them look very tempting. But............................
Old 06-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #42
Belmont Resident

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
The higher end minivans have drop down video for the kids, plush seating, lots of room for people and cargo space, but it is still a people mover no matter how big an engine or how fast it goes.
No lines, no privacy, a deck on aluminum tubes with seating. (Really nice high end seating)
I’ve seen some of the really new and fancy ones that reach speeds in the 40’s and higher, they are really nice and comfortable but it is what it is and always will be a minivan of boating, there just is not anything sporty about them.
I was floored when I saw how much some of them cost now; you can spend upwards of 100K on a pontoon.
Personally I’d prefer a bigger sport cruiser and feel a lot safer during the thunder storms, have a place for a nap or to get out of the heat.
But from the talk around the lake they are the hottest selling item this year.
Whatever works to get you out on the water I guess.
To each their own, I am looking for one to convert to a work barge.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #43
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Nothing Like A Toon!

Being an Island resident and after owning a few boats over the years and more recently a Boston Whaler (recently sold) an Eastern 22' lobster (still have) and Manitou V-Toon (still have), by far the most useful, fun, best riding boat we have had is the toon, nothing compares! It is also the one we use when the weather is bad as it handles anything Winni can throw at her with ease. It's capable of speeds of 50+ MPH and turns as sharp as a V-hull at full throttle. It's also my new fishing boat which completely sets up in minutes to the most comfortable, stable and open fishing platform I have seen.

When family and friends come to visit for tubing, water skiing, fishing or just general cruising the lake at sunset, the boat we jump in is the V-Toon. When stuff needs to be moved to or from the island camp, it's the V-Toon we use also as there is nothing like walking directly on and off without stepping down or up into or out of the boat. This feature was also a blessing when our dog was ill and was unable to jump in or out of a V-hull. It's also real handy when older family members come to visit. My wife and I constantly say where would be without the pontoon!

Say what you want about tri-toons but for us, we will always have a performance tri-toon as our main island boat.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #44
Pontoon Goon

Default Ouch

Hey Broadhopper, what did I ever do to you ?
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #45
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
You are the first person I have heard call it a "minivan" they were always called party barges or party boats. When did this change?
Jonas Pilot (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #46
jrc

My guess, BR is calling pontoons minivans because they're not "cool". It always struck me as funny with the minivan versus SUV coolness factor. A he-man SUV is cool because it has 4WD, even if you order it with 2WD.

Personally I never owned a toon, but they sure look practical. I guess most have solved the dayboater problem of having a toilet.

As an overnight boater, they still have shortcomings, although I have seen comprehensive canvas packages.

I don't like to dock next to them in tight spaces like Weirs or Aton, they seem to have sharp stuff sticking out all over.

Dollar for dollar they have to be among the safest boats and most practical for an islander. A self bailing Whaler or Grady-White might give it a run in the real snotty weather but you can't carry near as much.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #47
Rangervx

Quote:
no harm no foul GTA...i hear ya brother...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rangervx For This Useful Post:
gtagrip (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #48
Belmont Resident

Default Cool?

Quote:
My guess, BR is calling pontoons minivans because they're not "cool". It always struck me as funny with the minivan versus SUV coolness factor. A he-man SUV is cool because it has 4WD, even if you order it with 2WD.

Personally I never owned a toon, but they sure look practical. I guess most have solved the dayboater problem of having a toilet.

As an overnight boater, they still have shortcomings, although I have seen comprehensive canvas packages.

I don't like to dock next to them in tight spaces like Weirs or Aton, they seem to have sharp stuff sticking out all over.

Dollar for dollar they have to be among the safest boats and most practical for an islander. A self bailing Whaler or Grady-White might give it a run in the real snotty weather but you can't carry near as much.
Cool is in the eyes of the beholder. One persons cool is another’s ugly.
No need to throw in the he man attitude, I’ve never owned the fastest, nicest or most expensive anything. I do like my toys and work hard for that privilege.
Toons have their place on the lake, I would never own one other then for work but that is just me, oh and my wife feels the same way so I guess that makes two of us.
Oh and as for foul weather I believe if you had no canvas up you would be ok but put canvas on and your going to have a really hard time steering that sail especially at low speeds.
I’d bet they are really tough to dock in wind and waves. Because they are so buoyant on the water.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #49
Greene's Basin Girl

I must be the biggest nerd on the lake. Not only do I own a minivan, but I recently purchased a beautiful Harris pontoon boat. That's OK. I do not have to look cool when other's pass buy. I just have to be happy and comfortable with what I have. I know I am happy and I also think I'm cool. The boat with the 3 pontoons handles the broads without a hitch and I can adjust my seat as high as I want. Not to mention all of the people I can bring on the boat.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
NoRegrets

Sometimes the best things in life are saved in a shoe box! The toon and mini van share the same shape!

Remembering going to my grandparents back in the sixties we would look at the family pictures saved in them....
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRegrets For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (06-20-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #51
Rangervx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I must be the biggest nerd on the lake. Not only do I own a minivan, but I recently purchased a beautiful Harris pontoon boat. That's OK. I do not have to look cool when other's pass buy. I just have to be happy and comfortable with what I have. I know I am happy and I also think I'm cool. The boat with the 3 pontoons handles the broads without a hitch and I can adjust my seat as high as I want. Not to mention all of the people I can bring on the boat.
congrats on the new ride!!!! i think they r butt cool myself!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rangervx For This Useful Post:
Greene's Basin Girl (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #52
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Who would have known
All things aside GBG it IS all about personal preference.
Way too many people on this forum think just because you do not agree with their point of view you are attacking them on a personal level and respond as such.
We all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to the things we purchase, which by the way was not even close to what this thread started out as.
Good luck with you new boat.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #53
challmec

Default good boat

I have driven a Harris 24 and it is an excellent boat with many amenities..Good luck with it and be safe out there GBG
challmec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to challmec For This Useful Post:
Greene's Basin Girl (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #54
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
hmmm...pontoon boats, not cool? Until you have a party on board and everyone is your friend (especially when they need the head)!

Can't wait to see it Jill!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #55
jrc

OK, OK I retract my not cool remark.

I was just trying to guess what a minivan and a pontoon had in common.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #56
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
hmmm...pontoon boats, not cool? Until you have a party on board and everyone is your friend (especially when they need the head)!

Can't wait to see it Jill!
I would love to have you and your family come aboard. PM me and we set a date.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
BroadHopper

Default Pontoon Boat

Is this what y'all talking about?
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #58
Water Camper

Default A Letter To The JERK

To the JERK,

When I read about you purposely plowing through the flock of geese, I was horrified. But not as horrified as I was to find it yesterday, floating among the rocks at our Paugus Bay shoreline. Same goose? Given it's broken, and almost severed neck, I'd bet it was the one you hit.

Once I gained control of my emotions, I began the horrific task of removing its body. Taking a long poled garden claw, I managed to roll it up onto a rock and get it in a garbage bag. I double bagged it and deposited at the end of our driveway for my husband to take care of when he arrived later that day. No words can describe what a sad and disgusting chore this was. (Note: I could have been a Jerk too, and just pushed it back out into the lake to land on a neighbors property down wind but that's not the kind of person I am).

In ending this, I can't help but think of the old saying "What goes around comes around." And I truly believe that one day you will be repaid for your deplorable actions. I can only hope that it is sooner, rather than later.
Sue
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Water Camper For This Useful Post:
White Rook (06-27-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #59
Broken Glass

That story is sad to hear I remember thinking that at least a turtle or perhaps a bass will at some point eat well because of this senseless act.
Yesterday morning I was fishing by Govoners and Timber islands. I saw something large floating and I trolled up to it. It was a very large male goose with what looked like a broken neck. I have several morbid pictures, but I don't know how to upload a picture. I could not help but wonder if this bird had met the same demise as the ones in Paugus Bay. What would have happened if this jerk had mistaken a flock of teenagers swimming across the cove (as most teenagers do when they are young and indestructible) for a flock of birds?
If I figure out the picture upload process from my iPad I will post the pics.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #60
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Or perhaps not...

Quote:
That story is sad to hear I remember thinking that at least a turtle or perhaps a bass will at some point eat well because of this senseless act.
Yesterday morning I was fishing by Govoners and Timber islands. I saw something large floating and I trolled up to it. It was a very large male goose with what looked like a broken neck. I have several morbid pictures, but I don't know how to upload a picture. I could not help but wonder if this bird had met the same demise as the ones in Paugus Bay. What would have happened if this jerk had mistaken a flock of teenagers swimming across the cove (as most teenagers do when they are young and indestructible) for a flock of birds?
If I figure out the picture upload process from my iPad I will post the pics.
...Posting morbid pictures would probably have no effect on those who would do such a heartless thing, and would only serve to sicken those who love our wildlife and operate watercraft responsibly around them.

I would humbly request that you not post morbid pictures. IMHO, nothing can be served by doing so. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #61
Broken Glass

Consider the pictures not posted. I appreciate your input and your perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to Broken Glass For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (06-23-2012)