Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Frankentooth

Default Amazing Vet: VCA Laconia Animal Hospital

I'm still fairly new to the Lakes Region, and had to bring my older cat (age 20) to a vet in a crisis situation. I had called a few vets in the Lakes Region--begging for an appointment while explaining my poor cat's symptoms--Others said they were full but to call the Laconia VCA. I am so lucky I did that! Even though their schedule was also full, they said, "Of course we will fit him in--He has to be seen!" I immediately liked these people! My cat received exceptional care there, as the staff went out of their way to make sure he was okay--The vet even called our previous vet to get a full picture of my cat's health and to avoid any unnecessary tests, as well as to collaborate on the best path forward. The vet techs have even called twice to check on my cat, and to make sure I fully understand his next treatment. Dr. John Guest and his team are fantastic, and we are lucky to have them in the area.
Frankentooth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankentooth For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (07-31-2012), GFP (06-02-2012), RLW (06-01-2012), Winni P (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Here's the link http://www.vcahospitals.com/lakes-region

They are the best! Their prices are reasonable and you can even go by boat. They are located in the old Wendy's buidling on Paugus Bay. They'll even open up on a day off for an emergency.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcdude For This Useful Post:
Frankentooth (06-01-2012), trfour (07-30-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
hampfarms

I don't know where you live in the lakes region but Meadow Pond Animal Hospital in Moultonborough and Ossippee also would never turn you away. I originally come from New York and have had horses, goats, dogs, cats and birds and have never had a better experience experience with vets than Meadow Pond.
hampfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hampfarms For This Useful Post:
NickNH (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
NickNH

I agree on Meadow Pond for the North side of the Lake.....many years ago my puppy got into a nest of Yellowjackets and had a very bad reaction. It was a Sunday. I called them in a panic on the off chance they were there.....they must have had their phone forwarded (or left an emergency number I could call...can't remember). They were having breakfast (I think at VK) and they told me to come right away to their clinic.....they fixed Cooper right up and he was fine.....
NickNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
donnamatrix

Default Meadow Pond is Wonderful

I posted this a long time ago, but this true story about Meadow Pond Vets Dr Keenan and Dr North.
A fellow whose family was in China had a German shepard that was losing its battle with cancer. When he knew it was time to make "that decision" ... he called the vets. Both vets knew that Alan's family was away, and that he was home alone with the dog that he adored. The vets went to his house, they euthanized the dog. They spent time comforting the owner, and took the dog's body with them when they left.

Later that day, they called Alan and said "we don't think you should be alone on such a difficult day"... the two vets went to his house, made dinner, brought wine, provided more comfort to the grieving owner. Then they cleaned up the kitchen and went home.

I have not personally heard a more compassionate tale, ever. Dr Keenan and Dr North and their entire team are just super.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donnamatrix For This Useful Post:
NickNH (07-31-2012)
Sponsored Links