Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #101
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I guess we just view the area through a different set of goggles. I've always come to the NH lakes region to get away from the stress of traffic and congestion of Ma. but it is slowly creeping it's way up here on the roads and now on the lake.
Build a wall. Close the borders!

I for one am jealous. I would love to have that boat sitting at my dock! Hell, I will settle for a ride on it. No negativity about someone else owning it from me.

Those motors are great, after having a Verado 300 Pro on a previous boat and loving it I can imagine how sweet those 400's are. Whisper quiet at idle, and great under power.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #102
New Hampshire Lake Man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Its your choice how YOU spend your money.... but your choice should not be forced upon someone else. Because YOU don't like certain boats they should not be allowed? Because YOU don't like certain houses they should not be allowed either? Certainly sounds like a me me me attitude. How someone spends their money is not my concern as long as it is within the law. It is THEIR choice on how THEY want to spend THIER money. If someone wants and can afford an big house or a big boat... good for them!

That being said... all of the older hackercrafts/garwoods/etc have open (un-muffled) exhaust. They get a pass because they are few in number... if they were greater in number, no doubt there would be lots of noise/speed complaints.

Lake Winnipesaukee is owned by the people of NH. Although it is not a State Park in a formal manner... It is for all practical intents and purposes a State Park... thus it is subject to all sorts of uses by the public.

Nowhere is it written that anyone has the right to peace and quiet.... So ski/wakeboard or pontoon boats with their speakers booming, Go fast boats with legal exhaust, jet skis with their motor whine etc are all legally permitted uses in the lake.

Woodsy
Interesting perspective. I want a beautiful and tranquil lake for everyone. Others want a loud boat and to clear-cut the shoreline, but I'm the selfish one. Mmmmkay.
New Hampshire Lake Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #103
kbh
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belmont, MA / Meredith, NH
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hampshire Lake Man View Post
Interesting perspective. I want a beautiful and tranquil lake for everyone. Others want a loud boat and to clear-cut the shoreline, but I'm the selfish one. Mmmmkay.
I think the word perspective is correct... My perspective of beautiful and tranquil may not be the same as what you see as beautiful and tranquil. Reminds me of the commercial of a city couple setting up a tent in the woods and camping, then deciding it was too quiet and played city noise on their iPhone and fell fast asleep to honking, motors, and annoying (to me) city noise...
kbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #104
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,390
Default

No offense but... Judging by the amount of and size of boats on the lake, and the amount of and size of houses on the lake....

Clearly, you are in the minority.... your vision of beautiful & tranquil doesn't seem to fit with what the majority of lake dwellers has embraced.

Forcing the majority of people to accept YOUR vision of what the lake should be is selfish... everyone has their own vision of how it should be.

If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam or a smaller lake. That version of Lake Winnipesaukee ended a long, long time ago... if it ever even existed.

Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #105
New Hampshire Lake Man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam
That pretty much sums up the modern attitude on Winnipesaukee. I think we can agree on that!
New Hampshire Lake Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #106
RTTOOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Meredith,NH.-Nashua,NH
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
No offense but... Judging by the amount of and size of boats on the lake, and the amount of and size of houses on the lake....

Clearly, you are in the minority.... your vision of beautiful & tranquil doesn't seem to fit with what the majority of lake dwellers has embraced.

Forcing the majority of people to accept YOUR vision of what the lake should be is selfish... everyone has their own vision of how it should be.

If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam or a smaller lake. That version of Lake Winnipesaukee ended a long, long time ago... if it ever even existed.

Woodsy
Judging by what you say the vision is forcing the minority to accept
that must be the same thoughts in 1930 ? when wooding power boats
hit the water thing change so move on its still beautiful & tranquil lake.
RTTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #107
The Real BigGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 71
Default

We live in a land where a lot of people fought and died for the right to have both chocolate & vanilla & any other flavor you want.

Things I see may not be my cup of tea but, I have no right, nor desire to tell others what to drink. I agree with a previous poster who basically said it's alright to have another opinion but don't slam the individual. When you make it personal it does come off as jealousy. (At 65 I finally figured out that life is too short!)


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:16 PM   #108
PeterG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
No offense but... Judging by the amount of and size of boats on the lake, and the amount of and size of houses on the lake....

Clearly, you are in the minority.... your vision of beautiful & tranquil doesn't seem to fit with what the majority of lake dwellers has embraced.

Forcing the majority of people to accept YOUR vision of what the lake should be is selfish... everyone has their own vision of how it should be.

If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam or a smaller lake. That version of Lake Winnipesaukee ended a long, long time ago... if it ever even existed.

Woodsy
I wouldn't be so sure about who's in the majority. A handful of loud boats disturbs dozens (hundreds?) of homes.

And nobody complained about the number of homes--the complaint was about clear cutting trees, which most people understand damages the lake.

In general, loud people take up more room, and therefore appear more numerous, than quiet people.
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #109
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,390
Default

PeterG....

It was NH Lake Man who said "Many Winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious"

And my point is getting lost in the text of it all... So I will try to explain it more simply.

If the MAJORITY of lake dwellers and NH residents wanted a "tranquil" lake, the laws regarding how people can enjoy the lake would reflect that. In case you didn't know.... that's usually how our system of government works. Point in case.... Squam Lake. Always had a 45 MPH speed limit, very strict waterfront building codes etc. etc.

That has not been he case here on Lake Winnipesaukee, where until recently all forms of waterborne enjoyment were welcome.

Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #110
RTTOOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Meredith,NH.-Nashua,NH
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
peterg....

It was nh lake man who said "many winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious"

and my point is getting lost in the text of it all... So i will try to explain it more simply.

If the majority of lake dwellers and nh residents wanted a "tranquil" lake, the laws regarding how people can enjoy the lake would reflect that. In case you didn't know.... That's usually how our system of government works. Point in case.... Squam lake. Always had a 45 mph speed limit, very strict waterfront building codes etc. Etc.

That has not been he case here on lake winnipesaukee, where until recently all forms of waterborne enjoyment were welcome.

Woodsy
waterborne enjoyment really are you ------
RTTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:03 PM   #111
PeterG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
PeterG....

It was NH Lake Man who said "Many Winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious"

And my point is getting lost in the text of it all... So I will try to explain it more simply.

If the MAJORITY of lake dwellers and NH residents wanted a "tranquil" lake, the laws regarding how people can enjoy the lake would reflect that. In case you didn't know.... that's usually how our system of government works. Point in case.... Squam Lake. Always had a 45 MPH speed limit, very strict waterfront building codes etc. etc.

That has not been he case here on Lake Winnipesaukee, where until recently all forms of waterborne enjoyment were welcome.

Woodsy
The problem with your main point is that you assume Squam homes are available and Winni's history is more reflective of how people feel than Winni's present.

First, there is almost literally nothing for sale on Squam. Today, just for comparison, there are 19 homes for sale on Squam (Big and Little combined) and 764 available on Winni. As lopsided as these numbers are, they actually understate the difficulty of finding a home on the much more desirable Big Squam. Do a search, you'll be stunned.

Second, you assert that Winni's history is reflective of voters' desires, but do not recognize that recent efforts to curb some forms of "waterborne enjoyment" are also reflective of voters' desires. You cant have it both ways.
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #112
radiocontester
Senior Member
 
radiocontester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 118
Default

End of thread.
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #113
New Hampshire Lake Man
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
End of thread.
Nah.......
New Hampshire Lake Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #114
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,390
Default

PeterG....

You are missing my point.....

What is or is not for sale on Squam or Winnipesaukee is irrelevant... The towns that border Squam Lake and the Squam Lake Association have seen to it that the rules regarding that lake were written long ago to keep it's tranquil character. There has been a speed limit on Squam for as long as I can remember, and if it was not for threat of an eminent domain action by the State of NH, there would be NO public access on that lake.

The towns that border Lake Winnipesaukee have not enacted restrictions similar to Squam.... nor has the State of NH. Mainly because a majority of the public does not want them, and the towns want the tax $$ these large homes generate.

Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #115
Tyler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
You're taking this quite personally so I know which side of the fence your on. To each his own. Thankfully I'm not on Winni, I'm on Waukewan, so I don't have to deal with those issues! Occasionally I will put my boat in Winni during the week when it's not so crazy and dangerous. It's not a safe environment on summer weekends anymore, IMO.
I am not taking this personally at all. My only problem with you and others is you cannot simply state that this type of boat does not belong on the lake without slamming the owner with childish comments about them such as manhood etc... That's it, hope you comprehend that.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:03 AM   #116
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
PeterG....

You are missing my point.....

What is or is not for sale on Squam or Winnipesaukee is irrelevant... The towns that border Squam Lake and the Squam Lake Association have seen to it that the rules regarding that lake were written long ago to keep it's tranquil character. There has been a speed limit on Squam for as long as I can remember, and if it was not for threat of an eminent domain action by the State of NH, there would be NO public access on that lake.

The towns that border Lake Winnipesaukee have not enacted restrictions similar to Squam.... nor has the State of NH. Mainly because a majority of the public does not want them, and the towns want the tax $$ these large homes generate.

Woodsy
That's always the driving force right there, tax $$$. The top 1% with a lot of money generally get what they want if they waive enough of it around and there is no shortage of people willing to take it.
We have a materialistic society here in America. The more you have to show off the more people will pay attention. The owner of this boat has got peoples attention which I'm sure was his intention. It's not the type of boat that goes unnoticed. Some people feel the need for that.

Last edited by Biggd; 07-11-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:19 AM   #117
rsmlp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I guess we just view the area through a different set of goggles. I've always come to the NH lakes region to get away from the stress of traffic and congestion of Ma. but it is slowly creeping it's way up here on the roads and now on the lake.
I have to call BS on this one. I've been on the lake for over 20 years and the "peak" for fast loud boats is behind us. Are there some out there? Of course! But fewer today than say 5-10 years ago. Anyways, this is the"live free or die" state, right?
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #118
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
I have to call BS on this one. I've been on the lake for over 20 years and the "peak" for fast loud boats is behind us. Are there some out there? Of course! But fewer today than say 5-10 years ago. Anyways, this is the"live free or die" state, right?
I've got you beat by 20 years. The boats today are much quieter but todays boats are much faster. Engine noise is no longer an issue with these new 4 stroke outboards. The speed limit and the number marine patrols on the lake has helped to keep the speed in check. Otherwise Winni would be a free for all on weekends.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #119
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 718
Default If only...

Bernie had become President! Everyone would have received one of these new Subaru Boats for free, compliments of Bernie and the government. Nice and quiet, economical on fuel and perfect for all the tree huggers out there.
Attached Images
 
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #120
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,846
Exclamation Arizona Tea--NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Well the thing is I would rather have this boat flying by my shoreline on plane at 40 - 45 MPH, and deal with that wake, then the 30-40 ft cruisers that plow through creating big rollers...
It doesn't matter that both designs belong on the ocean?


This lake has many, many, miles of steep shorelines. My steep shoreline is definitely eroding from weekend boaters who insist on boats designed for use on oceans.

For April's "opening-up", I routinely fill gallon jugs with Lake Winnipesaukee water each season to prime our water pump. In the photo below, the gallon on the right was dragged out from under the house, and was filled September, 2016.

Even drawing water 75 feet from our shoreline, the gallon on the left was filled last Sunday—a mistake!

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #121
Skip
Senior Member
 
Skip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,565
Question Where or where did the sediment go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

For April's "opening-up", I routinely fill gallon jugs with Lake Winnipesaukee water each season to prime our water pump. In the photo below, the gallon on the right was dragged out from under the house, and was filled September, 2016.

Even drawing water 75 feet from our shoreline, the gallon on the left was filled last Sunday—a mistake!

.
Too funny. Even a sixth grade science student would correctly surmise that any sediment present in a water sample drawn nearly a year ago would have long since settled out.

You are much much better at hyperbole than this my old friend. Please don't disappoint in your next post!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #122
camp guy
Senior Member
 
camp guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: formerly Winter Harbor, still Wolfeboro
Posts: 731
Default New boat on the Lake

Thank goodness this new boat is on the Lake, right or wrong, 'cause if it wasn't here, what would we have to talk about.??
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #123
ursa minor
Senior Member
 
ursa minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tuftonborough & Franklin MA
Posts: 174
Default

In reply to APS: we had nearly record low water levels last year when you filled that bottle on the right. Low rainfall = minimal runoff into the lake = really clear water. We've had a fair amount of rain this year and the lake is at or very nearly full. I'll take a little discoloration in the lake for regular rainfall.

I've seen the boat that's the subject of this thread. It's WAY above my pay grade and not my personal cup of Joe but it was wicked quiet going by our place. To each their own, I'll admit I'd like a ride!
__________________
" Any day with a boat ride in it is a good day"
ursa minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:46 AM   #124
PeterG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

For April's "opening-up", I routinely fill gallon jugs with Lake Winnipesaukee water each season to prime our water pump. In the photo below, the gallon on the right was dragged out from under the house, and was filled September, 2016.

Even drawing water 75 feet from our shoreline, the gallon on the left was filled last Sunday—a mistake!

.
ApS, very interesting. UNH and the Lake Winnipesaukee Association have a program underway to monitor water quality. You can check out your area on the link below. If your area does not have data, you can reach out to them or PM me for info on how to volunteer. I just started collecting samples a couple of weeks ago--it's kind of fun like a camp science project, and it could be important.

http://winnipesaukeegateway.org/moni...ing-sites-map/
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #125
Bootkie2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Default

I noticed on this map Greens Basin area has poor water quality. This part of the lake is quieter than the rest so home maintenance and industrial causes are probably less of a factor, but I know the spraying of Millfoil chemicals has been very active in this area. Is the poor water quality a self inflicted wound (an ancillary effect of the chemical treatments?)
Bootkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #126
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootkie2 View Post
I noticed on this map Greens Basin area has poor water quality. This part of the lake is quieter than the rest so home maintenance and industrial causes are probably less of a factor, but I know the spraying of Millfoil chemicals has been very active in this area. Is the poor water quality a self inflicted wound (an ancillary effect of the chemical treatments?)
I doubt it, it's much more likely due to the general lack of water flow up there, the shallow depths, and the tremendous amount of deciduous leaves that fall into that water, relative to the volume of water, compared to areas that are much more wide open and deep.

FWIW, clarity is just one measure of water quality, and it is not necessarily a measure of the health of a lake. Murky water is probably perfectly normal in that area of the lake. Google "tannic lake water" for lots moe info on the subject.
__________________
Captain of "Mischief Managed"
Say hi if you see us on the lake.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #127
PeterG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootkie2 View Post
I noticed on this map Greens Basin area has poor water quality. This part of the lake is quieter than the rest so home maintenance and industrial causes are probably less of a factor, but I know the spraying of Millfoil chemicals has been very active in this area. Is the poor water quality a self inflicted wound (an ancillary effect of the chemical treatments?)
Though that part of the lake is quieter, runoff and erosion from homes, roads and other areas is the primary driver, with the biggest water quality problem being phosphorous. Here's the Executive Summary:

http://winnipesaukeegateway.org/wp-c...mm_Mar2017.pdf
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:09 AM   #128
Phantom
Senior Member
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hudson, Ma / Gilford
Posts: 1,431
Default

So does anyone know where this boat is slipped if I wanted to take (non Lake) friends by to show them ?


.
__________________
A bad day on the Big Lake (although I've never had one) - Still beats a day at the office!!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #129
MeredithMan
Senior Member
 
MeredithMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Meredith & Sudbury, MA
Posts: 360
Default location of the big center console...

Phantom--
Just tried to private message you on this, but I'm not sure it went through....
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #130
Meredith AK
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 33
Default The truck used to haul the boat in question

Saw this parked in the roadway where this boat is docked. Pretty unique truck. Looks like it could pull a few locomotives and then some while it's at it. Hopefully the picture uploads.
Attached Images
 
Meredith AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #131
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 488
Default

I wouldn't have expected anything less pulling that boat.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #132
Tyler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I wouldn't have expected anything less pulling that boat.
IF this is the trailer and tow vehicle for this boat it is a good combination.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #133
noreast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 474
Default

I like the truck more than the boat!
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:17 AM   #134
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,846
Exclamation Sudden Turbidity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
ApS, very interesting. UNH and the Lake Winnipesaukee Association have a program underway to monitor water quality. You can check out your area on the link below. If your area does not have data, you can reach out to them or PM me for info on how to volunteer. I just started collecting samples a couple of weeks ago--it's kind of fun like a camp science project, and it could be important.

http://winnipesaukeegateway.org/moni...ing-sites-map/
Thanks, but my previous "data" only occurs on weekends and when the lake is high--in season.

Still, imagine all the lawncare pollution--and moss, leaves and silt--suddenly being rinsed into the lake--all at once.

First, it was the algae, but this is the first time in 61 years we must consider sediment filters--and lots of 'em.
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:28 PM   #135
Slickcraft
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Welch Island and West Alton
Posts: 2,182
Default

Alton Bay today
Attached Images
  
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #136
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,195
Default

Wow......love to see those two go at it.Think the Nor-tech might have the edge being a cat
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #137
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Wow......love to see those two go at it.Think the Nor-tech might have the edge being a cat
First one to get to the 45 speed limit wins?
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #138
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Wow......love to see those two go at it.Think the Nor-tech might have the edge being a cat
It wouldn't even be close... the cat would smoke it.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #139
Skip
Senior Member
 
Skip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,565
Thumbs up Let'em Roar! Within the law...of course ;)

It almost seems criminal to see those two beautiful boats tied to a dock...thanks for the pics!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #140
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,248
Default

You know, if you look close at that photo, on the left, there's a small green kayak being paddled by a paddler. Price for a kayak like this at Walmart is about $239.

And, google NorTech Twin Hull Cat, and the prices shown are very high, like $200-400,000.

Just shows the wide range of boat diversity here on Lake Winnipesaukee. One boat cost $239, the other costs $200-400,000. It could cost $239 to fill up the gas tank, one time?

A one people, paddler power vs a 1000-hp ...... different strokes for different folks ..... sharing the same waters ...... 'Easily Distracted', boat's name......seems like an accident waiting to happen?
.........

'Easily Distracted'; so, what's the context or meaning for 'Easily Distracted' ..... seems like a strange name for a boat .... is it about not paying attention while driving the boat or what ....when seen from the stern?
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-20-2017 at 06:03 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #141
Woody38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 175
Post

Those antique boats with original engines don't make a lot of noise. Rather pleasant to some. Standing on shore the noise from some go-fast boats is ridiculous, but they like it. Maybe in future years their loss of hearing will be the result.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #142
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,846
Thumbs up Triple H has Nothing to Prove...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I was at a dealer on the lake yesterday and mentioned this boat to the sales rep.
He said that it belongs to Triple H.
Well then, my hat is off to Triple H, who bought a quiet boat—considerate of everybody at Lake Winnipesaukee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
Those antique boats with original engines don't make a lot of noise. Rather pleasant to some. Standing on shore the noise from some go-fast boats is ridiculous, but they like it.
Maybe in future years their loss of hearing will be the result.
Sadly, the negative effect of noise—and loss of hearing—is most intense in our youngsters:

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #143
Poor Richard
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The humbling river
Posts: 30
Default

I hope he buys six more, each with twice as many engines as the previous ones.

The jealousy and judgement being passed in this thread is saddening, at best.

Enjoy that Hateraid, curmudgeons.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #144
MeredithMan
Senior Member
 
MeredithMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Meredith & Sudbury, MA
Posts: 360
Default again, not HHH's boat....

....As I posted earlier in this thread, neither of those are HHH's boat. His boat is quite modest. The big center console lives at a house next to HHH. Let's stop spreading false rumors.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #145
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 258
Default Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I hope he buys six more, each with twice as many engines as the previous ones.

The jealousy and judgement being passed in this thread is saddening, at best.

Enjoy that Hateraid, curmudgeons.
You are such a snowflake!
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #146
Poor Richard
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The humbling river
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
You are such a snowflake!


Oh the irony.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #147
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
....As I posted earlier in this thread, neither of those are HHH's boat. His boat is quite modest. The big center console lives at a house next to HHH. Let's stop spreading false rumors.
We got it the first time you said it. I agree, I saw it on a lift at a house to the left of HHH's home.

APS was just stirring the pot as usual.

It cruised by me today by cattle landing, I will say the owner doesn't know what 150' looks like... it also seemed he was cruising pretty far into the channel between pine and the mainland before backing off as well. I was a ways back since my measly twin 200's can't keep up, but it looked like he was well into the no wake zone before backing down.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:26 AM   #148
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 258
Default Proved my point...snowflake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post


Oh the irony.
Thank you for proving my point...snowflake.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #149
Poor Richard
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The humbling river
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Thank you for proving my point...snowflake.
You can do better than this but I know what to expect already.

There is, however, a continued entertaining irony being called a snowflake....which is apparently the ultimate insult now...? I'm not sure. Been a while since I was 12.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #150
rsmlp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 233
Default thread

Webmaster, has this thread broken the record for posts? Got to be close...
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #151
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 488
Default

It seems like bickering between the have's and the have not's. I'm in the have not's as I do not have the money nor the desire to support one of these boats.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #152
Phantom
Senior Member
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hudson, Ma / Gilford
Posts: 1,431
Default

rsmlp -- if that was a serious question ... the Answer is NO (not even close)


here are a few that dwarf this off track thread:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...t=11509&page=4
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...t=18320&page=3

.
__________________
A bad day on the Big Lake (although I've never had one) - Still beats a day at the office!!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #153
webmaster
Moderator
 
webmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
Webmaster, has this thread broken the record for posts? Got to be close...
Not even close. This thread from 2008 had 1104 replies (so far this one has 153).
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #154
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Not even close. This thread from 2008 had 1104 replies (so far this one has 153).
I would have guessed this one or the speed limit thread
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #155
Skip
Senior Member
 
Skip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,565
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Not even close. This thread from 2008 had 1104 replies (so far this one has 153).
Thanks for the memories Don!

But this thread has established at least one new record....the times the new insult "snowflake" has been bantered about....
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #156
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Thanks for the memories Don!

But this thread has established at least one new record....the times the new insult "snowflake" has been bantered about....
Where is that "thanks" button again?
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #157
Shreddy
Senior Member
 
Shreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moultonboro
Posts: 362
Default

I was always a big fan of the Skydive Laconia thread. Feel like that dragged for a long time with numerous updates but no positive conclusion.
__________________
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #158
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 3,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
I was always a big fan of the Skydive Laconia thread. Feel like that dragged for a long time with numerous updates but no positive conclusion.
Yeah your right!....whatever happened with that operation?? Did they finally give up??

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #159
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 258
Default Careful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
You can do better than this but I know what to expect already.

There is, however, a continued entertaining irony being called a snowflake....which is apparently the ultimate insult now...? I'm not sure. Been a while since I was 12.
Wow, I guess "puddle" would be more appropriate given how often you melt.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #160
Poor Richard
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The humbling river
Posts: 30
Default

I gave you too much credit.

Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #161
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
I was always a big fan of the Skydive Laconia thread. Feel like that dragged for a long time with numerous updates but no positive conclusion.
Last post August 12, 2014 by the Noonan's

I guess they put a fork in it!

Wait! I thought they said they were never going to give up on Laconia.

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...&postcount=592
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:45 AM   #162
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,846
Question What's Next? "Crush Zone II", "Texting Skipper"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You know, if you look close at that photo, on the left, there's a small green kayak being paddled by a paddler. Price for a kayak like this at Walmart is about $239. And, google NorTech Twin Hull Cat, and the prices shown are very high, like $200-400,000. Just shows the wide range of boat diversity here on Lake Winnipesaukee. One boat cost $239, the other costs $200-400,000. It could cost $239 to fill up the gas tank, one time? A one people, paddler power vs a 1000-hp ...... different strokes for different folks ..... sharing the same waters ......
'Easily Distracted', boat's name......seems like an accident waiting to happen?

'Easily Distracted'; so, what's the context or meaning for 'Easily Distracted'... seems like a strange name for a boat
.... is it about not paying attention while driving the boat or what ....when seen from the stern?
The owner could "rue the day"—like the boats' names such as "No Patience", "'Salt and Battery", or "Temporary Insanity II", that have appeared here?



Ever wonder what happened to "Temporary Insanity I"?

.
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #163
bigpatsfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I hope he buys six more, each with twice as many engines as the previous ones.

The jealousy and judgement being passed in this thread is saddening, at best.

Enjoy that Hateraid, curmudgeons.
Thanks for the post, could not have said it any better!
bigpatsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #164
livefreeordie
Senior Member
 
livefreeordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alton bay
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
The owner could "rue the day"—like the boats' names such as "No Patience", "'Salt and Battery", or "Temporary Insanity II", that have appeared here?



Ever wonder what happened to "Temporary Insanity I"?

.

The boat name fits the guy perfect, he has basically ADHD guy can't sit still. Thats the reason for the boat name, he's hyper
livefreeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:56 AM   #165
Jack
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7
Default A view of the boat on the water..

Just a few pics of what these boats look like running correctly...
The higher the speed, the less drag and small wake they create...
Oh, they might run a bit faster than the 45MPH speed limit we have on our lake...

--WOT-- all the way
Attached Images
     
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #166
jazzman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mont Vernon NH & Big Barndoor Island
Posts: 220
Default

Well, having the most bad ass boat on the lake still won't get you a dock slot in Wolfeboro. They orbited for 30 minutes and gave up. There was quite the collection of boat hardware on display yesterday. Some guy wedged a 40 foot cruiser in about a 25 foot space leaving the rest of the boat hanging out into the water.
Attached Images
 
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.35358 seconds