Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
Bcarlyle

Default 94 gtx seadoo

Hey I have a 94 gtx seadoo, sat up the winter and wouldn't start at first, rebuilt the crab and fired it up at the house, ran about 15 20 minutes or so with the hose hooked up to it and then died, changed plugs and still have the same issue, now all it will do is cough a couple of times with the throttle wide open , don't know to much about the rotax motor but wondering if any one has had this happen before or any idea of what I could have going on. Thanks for any info
Bcarlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarlyle View Post
Hey I have a 94 gtx seadoo, sat up the winter and wouldn't start at first, rebuilt the crab and fired it up at the house, ran about 15 20 minutes or so with the hose hooked up to it and then died, changed plugs and still have the same issue, now all it will do is cough a couple of times with the throttle wide open , don't know to much about the rotax motor but wondering if any one has had this happen before or any idea of what I could have going on. Thanks for any info
Carb could be clogged again, did you clean out the old fuel and check the fuel lines? I'd pull the carb again, clean it out, then make sure the rest of the fuel system is clean.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarlyle View Post
Quote:
Carb could be clogged again, did you clean out the old fuel and check the fuel lines? I'd pull the carb again, clean it out, then make sure the rest of the fuel system is clean.
Welcome to the forums Bcarlyle!

ITD has the best suggestion IMO as your starting point.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
chipj29

Sequence of turning the hose water on/off is very important. Hopefully you started the engine before you turned the water on. And that you turned the water off before you shut down the engine.
If not, you could have ingested water in your engine.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #5
Bcarlyle

I know I didn't get to turn off the water before it cut off, if it injested water how do I get it out.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
Bcarlyle

Im not to sure about the crab being dirty again BC I was able to get it to run with starting fluid before I rebuilt it, now it won't even do that.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
jetskier

Post Suggestion

It is possible that the carb is clogged again....

I have a 96 Seadoo GTX and the fuel lines are B Grade Marine...long story short, the E-10 fuel ate the fuel lines...created a goo inside which was depositing in the carb. I rebuilt the carbs twice, but the problem was not solved until I replaced all the fuel lines with A Grade Marine (I also changed the fuel selector switch).

Hope this helps

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #8
ITD

If you were unlucky enough to get water into the cylinders, then try to start, you can hydro lock the engine, which can result in bending or breaking the connecting rods, pretty much making the engine junk. You would hear it happen and most likely the engine won't turn after. Pull the spark plugs and turn it over, look for water if it turns. If you can, turn it by hand.

You shouldn't run it on ether, many bad things can happen.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #9
Bcarlyle

So recleaned the carb,tank,lines nothing was dirty and new plugs,. Made no difference so I put a line straight to the carb and a gas jug, same problem, it's just not pumping gas to the carb. I don't know if the new carb kit went out or is it the pulse from the motor not enough to pump it and I don't know how to check the motor for the pulse. Thanks for any help
Old 05-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
jetskier

Post Selector Switch

Did you check the fuel selector switch...mine got clogged up?

I think that you are going to have to isolate where the fuel system is not working. Here is what I ultimately ended up doing:
  • Rebuilt the carbs (twice)
  • Replaced all the fuel lines with A grade
  • Replaced the fuel selector switch
  • Removed the gas tank and cleaned it

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #11
Bcarlyle

Did all of that besides the selector switch, but wouldn't it have run when I bypassed it by a line straight from another test tank straight to the carb. I didn't rebuild the carb a second time, only cleaned it again but it wasn't even dirty. I guess im going to get another carb kit and do it again. Just wish I could tell if the motor vacuum is working correctly.