Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 07:43 AM   #101
rsmlp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 321
Thanks: 3
Thanked 78 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
Lyon's Den is our favorite restaurant in the lakes region. Food, service overall dining experience are second to none. No other restaurant comes close.

R2B
One thing I can tell you for sure is that everyone's opinion varies depending on their own taste. I find Lyon's Den good but nothing special. Squam Lake Inn good. Lavinia's, Canoe, Lago, Lemon Grass, Corner house all good. For OUR money, Woodshed and Lakehouse Grille slightly better than aforementioned. i guarantee other opinions will vary.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #102
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,318
Thanks: 254
Thanked 272 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
One thing I can tell you for sure is that everyone's opinion varies depending on their own taste. I find Lyon's Den good but nothing special. Squam Lake Inn good. Lavinia's, Canoe, Lago, Lemon Grass, Corner house all good. For OUR money, Woodshed and Lakehouse Grille slightly better than aforementioned. i guarantee other opinions will vary.
You've got that right especially on this site!!!
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #103
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,258
Thanks: 250
Thanked 171 Times in 122 Posts
Default

I've run my own business for over 40 years and I can tell you that it's impossible to please everyone. I always think of the line in the movie "Road House", "be nice until I tell not to be nice". There are just some people that are impossible to please and will push you to the limit no matter how nice you are.
As a customer I'm not a complainer in public unless provoked. If I don't like an establishment I just don't go back. There are plenty of others businesses that will gladly take my hard earned money.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #104
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,318
Thanks: 254
Thanked 272 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I've run my own business for over 40 years and I can tell you that it's impossible to please everyone. I always think of the line in the movie "Road House", "be nice until I tell not to be nice". There are just some people that are impossible to please and will push you to the limit no matter how nice you are.
As a customer I'm not a complainer in public unless provoked. If I don't like an establishment I just don't go back. There are plenty of others businesses that will gladly take my hard earned money.
Absolutely agree, like you we were in business for over 55 years and you can't please everyone, it is virtually impossible. I have found always be pleasant for as long as possible, let them try somebody else and many times they eventually return
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #105
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,258
Thanks: 250
Thanked 171 Times in 122 Posts
Default

We finally agree on something. We are making progress.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #106
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,318
Thanks: 254
Thanked 272 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
We finally agree on something. We are making progress.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
We have just proven that although you can disagree on an issue there are many others we can agree on. I think we just solved our country's problems
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.24824 seconds