Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Outdoorsman

Default Handyman wanted - Bridgewater/Plymouth

I am looking to hire someone to do odd jobs around my dads home in Bridgewater/Plymouth area. I need someone that can mow the lawn, shovel the walkway on a regular basis as well as stack wood and do other chores on an as needed basis.

As the neighborhood kids have grown up and moved away or have other jobs I am not able to hire a youth in the local neighborhood to do these chores so I am now looking for someone that can handle these jobs (unsupervised).

My greatest fear is that I will not be there while this work is being done. I want someone that I can call to do a job and trust them.

Anyone have advice on questions to ask while i vet someone to hire?
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
Outdoorsman

Not sure why my post was moved to "marketplace" when all similar posts looking for advice for homeowners are not burried in this same subforum....

Nevertheless: My first experience with a homeadvisor.com person has been less than favorable. 3 Hours late for the scheduled appointment and only arrived after many phone calls.

Unanswered phone calls after the inspection (I was not present for the inspecion)...

It is a shame this is getting burried because this is a company that was rated 4.5+ on that site and is not even local to the region.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote