Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Suissevale people?????

Not sure if anyone has read my Coyote tracks post in the wildlife forum, but....

I had my game camera on my deck last night to see if I could catch a picture of what I thought might be a coyote. I don;t think it is now. I caught a Mostly black with some white dog on the camera. It has a blue nylon collar and a red (rabbies/lic.?) tag on the collar. This was pretty late at night. 11:30 or so. My time is off on the camera by about 45 minutes or so. I'll try to post a picture later. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet.
Anyway, has anyone noticed a stray dog around? Or maybe someone lost a dog? It looks sort of lab mix. Good condition. muscular. Just hate to think someone lost a pet. But it has been around a while if those are the same tracks I have been seeing around my yard. Anyone in Suissevale see it?

Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Argie's Wife

Oh my...

Considering the horribly cold weather we've been having and who-knows-what's to come... Please contact the local shelters, animal control officer, etc., to ask about the dog. That little guy may be lost, like you said. Since he has a nice collar on, I'm sure someone has lost a family member - your calls may reunite him with his family.

On a lesser level... he may be within "home base" and his owners are letting him run off leash. Not good, as it leads to him visiting other people's properties and possibly running deer.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
sa meredith

Default healthy

From the photo, animal looks pretty healthy to me.
Hopefully, just out to do his nightly business. You'd hate to think of him walking around looking for shelter all night, during this time of year.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Lakesrider

Well, that was easy. I was just outside cleaning up from last nights snow. I see him out in the road. I whistle to him/her and the thing starts barking at me. Nice huh? Well I start walking toward it and it just stands there barking at me. Suddenly from a house a few doors down a woman yells out and the dog sprints home. I hear her yelling "Bad dog!" Bad dog? Bad owner. So mystery solved. Those people were just letting the dog out to run around.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Doesn't NH have a leash law?

Also Lakesrider, is this dog visiting your property bugging you, other then getting your curiosity? Being a dog owner I never want my neighbors to be bothered by my pet... I also try and make the feel like they can come talk to me about it if he iss.... In short if the dog is being an annoyance, you should go talk to the neighbor.....
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Newbiesaukee

I really liked the story better when you thought it was a coyote. I hate it when reality intrudes

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (01-27-2011), Pepper (01-28-2011), Sue Doe-Nym (01-28-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Lakesrider

Well, I love dogs so they don't really bother me. I would much rather have it be friendly and come meet me rather than barking at me. However, it wasn't aggressive or doing it's "business" in my yard. Then I would take issue with it. I simply don't like any animal running freely like that. Though we don't get a whole bunch of traffic at this time of year, we do have cars that might hit it while crossing the road. That would be my bigger fear. And yes a coyote would be cool to see, but not have hanging around bothering my little Fox friend, that hangs out in the woods next to my house.