Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts
Default 2020 4th Fireworks

Please post any info on fireworks events around the lake here—I'm thinking with some towns cancelling, it'll be more private displays.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

The Alton July 3rd display is cancelled.

https://www.alton.nh.gov/press-relea...ion-connection
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
WinnisquamZ

Hoping the lakefront pyrotechnics will makeup for the lack of town sponsored events this season

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #4
Winilyme

Default Weirs

Probably old news but I noticed yesterday that the Weirs entire 2020 season has been cancelled. This will be different for us since we are across the bay from there with a direct view. There's been a great and noticeable effort to improve the displays as well and last year's early season fireworks competition between towns was a great event (was that last year or the year before???).

It's easy to see how COVID would cause the cancellation. Not only to discourage close contact but I suspect contributions for the displays would be hard to secure given the COVID business impacts.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post:
Jeanzb1 (07-03-2020), laketrout (06-21-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Posted on I Boat this morning:

"You are all invited to our semi private fireworks display at 9:30 PM at Weirs Beach on Saturday, July 4. Atlas PyroVision will be doing the display which is sponsored by Weirs Jet Ski Rental’s, Tiki Hut Boats of NH and East Coast Flightcraft. Please be sure to follow correct boating procedures while remaining 6’ apart. If you will be watching from Lakeside Avenue please wear a mask. There will be a couple tiki captains walking around awarding people who are wearing a mask with cash. We will give away a total of $500."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
GTO (07-05-2020), Jeanzb1 (06-29-2020), joey2665 (06-25-2020), motomurray (06-30-2020), Winilyme (06-25-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2020, 08:13 AM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post

"You are all invited to our semi private fireworks display at 9:30 PM at Weirs Beach on Saturday, July 4. Atlas PyroVision will be doing the display which is sponsored by Weirs Jet Ski Rental’s, Tiki Hut Boats of NH and East Coast Flightcraft. Please be sure to follow correct boating procedures while remaining 6’ apart. If you will be watching from Lakeside Avenue please wear a mask. There will be a couple tiki captains walking around awarding people who are wearing a mask with cash. We will give away a total of $500."

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! That's awesome although I would not put it past the city of Laconia to shut it down. With so many fireworks displays not happening this year it is sure to be a big draw.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #7
Garcia

Quote:

This is good news!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! That's awesome although I would not put it past the city of Laconia to shut it down. With so many fireworks displays not happening this year it is sure to be a big draw.
I agree, although the not sure how the city could shut it down... If the Guy that own Tiki boats of NH, allows them to be set off from his property, and he "paying for them for his enjoyment" ..... then there really isn't ground for the city to do something, unless the "claim" its in the name of public safety...

Bottom line, this could be a litigious nightmare...
Dad sold the C * C (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #9
GTO

Default 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Has anybody heard where they will be launched from? Land? Barge? Trying to figure out a good place to view by boat
Old 06-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #10
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Has anybody heard where they will be launched from? Land? Barge? Trying to figure out a good place to view by boat
The property is literally on the other side of Weirs Beach !!

I plan to "float" out an about FL#1.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #11
GTO

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
The property is literally on the other side of Weirs Beach !!

I plan to "float" out an about FL#1.
where the tiki boats are docked? Or east coast flight craft? From land/barge?
Old 07-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #12
thinkxingu

Ok, so I've got plans for tonight but what about tomorrow night, the 4th? Anything in the north?

Old 07-04-2020, 05:48 AM   #13
Garcia

Quote:

Is this still happening? I hope so...
Old 07-04-2020, 07:03 AM   #14
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Is this still happening? I hope so...
Best I know, yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Garcia (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:12 PM   #15
Winilyme

Default Post Weirs Beach Fireworks Report

Great job by Tiki Huts of NH & Weirs Beach Jet Ski Rentals. Fireworks were terrific and the Grand Finale was...Grand. These sponsors stepped up during a very challenging time. Seemed to be a large turnout on the water from what we could see from Spindle Point. Unfortunately, it appears this will be the only display at Weirs Beach this year.

If you are looking to rent a jet ski or host a different type of event with friends or business, remember these two businesses and their community investment.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (07-06-2020), GTO (07-05-2020), Phantom (07-05-2020), secondcurve (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:30 PM   #16
Barney Bear

Default Wow! 💥

From our place on East Bear Island, we have never seen so many fireworks - at locations from Center Harbor to Gilford and lots of areas in between. More than an hour of colorful, and loud, entertainment. 🐻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #17
Senter Cove Guy

Default Extra Ordinary

We were out in our boat in Melvin Bay with lots of other boaters watching at least 8 displays around the shore. Kudos to the 3 families in the cove to the west of Black Island. The fireworks just kept coming and coming. My grandkids starting counting "Finales" and counted up to 21. God Bless America and Happy Independence Day 2020.
secondcurve (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #18
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senter Cove Guy View Post
We were out in our boat in Melvin Bay with lots of other boaters watching at least 8 displays around the shore. Kudos to the 3 families in the cove to the west of Black Island. The fireworks just kept coming and coming. My grandkids starting counting "Finales" and counted up to 21. God Bless America and Happy Independence Day 2020.
We were over there, too, and it definitely was awesome!

Old 07-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #19
GTO

Default Best show

Quote:

We have been going to just about every show at the Weirs by boat for the past 5 or so years. This by far was the best we have ever seen. Being the only show in town brought the most boats to the show then I have ever seen. Very impressive seeing that many boats at night. Thanks so much to the three sponsors for putting the whole thing together.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #20
thinkxingu

Quote:
We have been going to just about every show at the Weirs by boat for the past 5 or so years. This by far was the best we have ever seen. Being the only show in town brought the most boats to the show then I have ever seen. Very impressive seeing that many boats at night. Thanks so much to the three sponsors for putting the whole thing together.
How was it in terms of chop/craziness? We ended up in Moultonborough because we weren't sure what The Washing Machine would be like.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:39 PM   #21
Garcia

Quote:
How was it in terms of chop/craziness? We ended up in Moultonborough because we weren't sure what The Washing Machine would be like.

I was at the Weirs and agree, great show! The ride home was not bad at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #22
GTO

Default Waited...

Quote:

We waited about 15 minutes after the show was over to pull up anchor. Never want to fight the crowd going between Eagle Island and mainland. Lot of traffic going into Paugus Bay. Once we got started the lake was actually really calm. It was perfectly lit up by the full moon. We were about 50 yards away from the barge. Maybe a little too close but the show directly overhead was awesome
thinkxingu (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #23
thinkxingu

Quote:
We waited about 15 minutes after the show was over to pull up anchor. Never want to fight the crowd going between Eagle Island and mainland. Lot of traffic going into Paugus Bay. Once we got started the lake was actually really calm. It was perfectly lit up by the full moon. We were about 50 yards away from the barge. Maybe a little too close but the show directly overhead was awesome
Awesome. Glad you had a good time. Cheers!

Old 07-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #24
Roy_Hobbs

Quote:
I’ll second this. Huge thank you to all the people around Melvin Bay who put on a great show for those of us watching from the water.
Roy_Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #25
RUGMAN

Great show at the Weirs saturday night, thanks to the three sponsors that put on a GREAT show. The show was long and impressive, one of the best things about this show was that was at 9:30 instead of at midnight , for both young and old we were able to stay up and enjoy, midnight is way past my bedtime and my kids too. Hopefully in the future the display will be on the 4th and at 9-9:30.
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #26
dippasan

Default Huge shout out to patriotism displays

The displays of patriotism around the lake during the 4th and last week, were awesome to see this year. Weather it was flags flying high from boats, fireworks displays around the lake or people on the sandbars shouting "God Bless America" as we passed through. We loved it all!!

Because our camp faces Smalls Cove (Sandbar) we and our neighbors were blown away by all the "private" firework displays on the mainland all the way from Minge Cove to Smith Point and beyond. There must have been 25-30 boats parked in the stretch between Sleepers Island and Smalls Cove with their anchor lights on and Old Glory proudly displayed just sitting and watching. I would guess it lasted at least an hour and a half. It was awesome!

Sincere thanks to all those that have fought and continue to fight for our freedoms and thank you to those of you that took the time, energy and expense to put on those excellent displays.

Last edited by dippasan; 07-14-2020 at 06:33 AM.
dippasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:11 AM   #27
neckdweller

Quote:
Haven’t been on here in a while but that was most likely us. It was a bit lighter than normal in terms of participation. We typically have four families taking part but the main pyro from that house couldn’t make it this year.
neckdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neckdweller For This Useful Post:
Roy_Hobbs (07-21-2020)