Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
CateP

Default Looking for Snow Blowing Help

Hi All,
I am going to be renting a place in Wolfeboro for the winter and need to find someone who will snow blow my parking space (after the plows have plowed me in) and dig out my car. If you know of someone who is reasonably priced, dependable and experienced please feel free to recommend here or PM me.

Last edited by CateP; 11-11-2011 at 12:40 PM.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
beaner

Default Snow blowing/plowing

Wow, quiet in here! [crickets chirping]

Actually, I'm not surprised. I started a thread on here a couple of years ago when I was looking for a new plow guy after the previous guy moved from the area. The first challenge was finding someone who would return my phone calls. Of those who did, most of them wanted arm + leg + first-born son to do the job. Or, they couldn't get there early enough on weekends for me to get to my Sunday job.

I ended up buying a big-a$$ snowblower and doing it myself. Our gravel driveway is 1-1/2 times the length of a football field, plus a large turnaround area, and it takes me 2 hours to clear it. But it gets done WHEN I want, the WAY I want. I no longer have to hire a bucket loader in February to push back the snowbanks, because there aren't any. I don't have a ugly, dug-up mess to repair every spring.

I plan to continue snowblowing our driveway until the day that they have to pry my (warm) dead hands off those nice, heated handles.

I'm not clear on whether you're looking for someone to snowblow the whole driveway, or just someone to clean up after the plow guy. Since you're renting, maybe you can start by asking the homeowner or rental agency who they recommend.

Also, it's a different economy now, so maybe some of the folks who were mentioned in my old thread are hungrier for work. Here's the link:

www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8909

Good luck!

Last edited by beaner; 11-11-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: typo
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
CateP

Well I happen to have lucked out with my winter rental. There is a guy who comes and plows and shovels.

On a side note, I'm finding out the best way to find out about local services is to talk to the local people. Hardware store and diner are great resources. Loving life in Wolfeboro.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
Well I happen to have lucked out with my winter rental. There is a guy who comes and plows and shovels.

On a side note, I'm finding out the best way to find out about local services is to talk to the local people. Hardware store and diner are great resources. Loving life in Wolfeboro.
Yes the local hardware store keep would likely know who plows in the area.

BTW, the original request was for snow blowing. It would be unusual for someone to offer that service except for a close by neighbor as to go any distance a trailer would be involved. The more common service is a person with a plow truck.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Yes the local hardware store keep would likely know who plows in the area.

BTW, the original request was for snow blowing. It would be unusual for someone to offer that service except for a close by neighbor as to go any distance a trailer would be involved. The more common service is a person with a plow truck.
There are more people running around in the winter with a snowblower in the back of their pickup truck than you think.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNH View Post
There are more people running around in the winter with a snowblower in the back of their pickup truck than you think.
Never noticed one but I'll have to look this winter.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
EZ-Pass

Default I did it for 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNH View Post
I use to snow blow drives for over 8 years. I had a 48" blower and had so many driveways I had to stop taking them in. I was able to charge more the the plow guy as the driveway was done a lot neater and one could do right up to the garage doors and the front walk so the customer was willing to pay more. No shoveling as that was extra. The average drive use to take me just under 1/2 hour and I got $50 for a 14'x50' drive up to 8" deep and then the price went up accordingly to depth and time. All customers were within 5miles of each job.
EZ-Pass is offline   Reply With Quote