Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
lavecchi

Default cord wood

Does anyone know were I can buy and have delivered a cord of seasoned hardwood to long island moultoboro Thanks
lavecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default Miracle Farm

http://www.miraclefarmslandscaping.com/firewood.htm

They are carrying wood now- the palletized stuff looks interesting
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
hilltopper

I believe I've seen some sitting near the entrance of Moulton Farm and the sign says they deliver.
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
fatlazyless

...believe that the pallets of half cords are small enough to fit onto a full sized pickup truck....check out their Miracle Farms, large cord wood mill....trees go in one side.....unseasoned firewood comes out the other....it's a miracle!

Any Formula boat owners out there, down on their luck, willing to do island deliveries....cord wood delivered in style?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
NHDOLFAN

I used Liberty Bricks this past winter. Environmentally safe and easy to use. They come in packs of 10 and a cord is 4X4X4 vs that of a cord and weighs 2000lbs. It costs a less than a cord but better for us. I will be ordering a truck load later this summer. If interetsed pm me.
NHDOLFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....Any Formula boat owners out there, down on their luck, willing to do island deliveries....cord wood delivered in style?
Hmmm... I wonder if their bundles float, and you can tow 'em out to an island?
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Orion

Default Liberty Bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDOLFAN View Post
I used Liberty Bricks this past winter. Environmentally safe and easy to use. They come in packs of 10 and a cord is 4X4X4 vs that of a cord and weighs 2000lbs. It costs a less than a cord but better for us. I will be ordering a truck load later this summer. If interetsed pm me.
These look pretty good. I checked their web site. Where do you get them around the lake? Check your PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
NHDOLFAN

A ton of bricks is slightly larger than a cord of wood. The bricks throw off more heat than cord wood and much cleaner in the house and environment. The bricks come in bundles of ten and are easy to light. The cost per ton is $250 and delivery can be arranged for a small fee. Each truckload holds 24 tons, so if interested let me know. I will be ordering a truckload soon.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Don't mean to rain on your parade regarding "Liberty Bricks"......but I have a few questions.Usually when someone reinvents the wheel,we find some hidden drawbacks.First of all.....how are they better for the enviroment? They still cut trees,then a great deal of fossil fuel is used to process,compress,wrap and ship them.And they still burn the same as cord wood.
My guess is that they cast a much larger carbon footprint than conventional hardwood.
The reason they are cheaper is because they are using construction scraps which are not quality hardwood.
Also.....what kind of binder or glue holds them together?
Just like ethanol production....sounds all fuzzy until you find out that it takes two gallons of fossil fuel to produce one of ethanol.
I burn a lot of wood but need a lot more information before I throw one of those logs in my stove.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
NHDOLFAN

I, like you, was skeptical. However, the cost of cordwood last year sent me to an alternative direction. So, my buddy and I bought several tons. We both burned cordwood and have the same opinion. The liberty bricks were better. You can get additional info at www.libertybricks.com.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Lakegeezer

Default cost is MUCH more

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDOLFAN View Post
I, like you, was skeptical. However, the cost of cordwood last year sent me to an alternative direction. So, my buddy and I bought several tons. We both burned cordwood and have the same opinion. The liberty bricks were better. You can get additional info at www.libertybricks.com.
The NH vendor is in the Manchester area, charges $294 a ton plus delivery and they don't deliver to Moultonboro. Looks like I'll choose the green wood in its natural form for under $200 a cord.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
dpg

Big difference in money just for being seasoned. Must cost alot of money letting it sit around drying out.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Big difference in money just for being seasoned. Must cost alot of money letting it sit around drying out.
Time is money. Plus you have to factor in the fact that a dealer is giving over a significant portion of his property while the fuel to properly seasons. Basically a 'rental fee', which also obviates the need for the customer to have to look at a huge pile of biomass on his own property.

Regarding the Liberty Bricks: There was some useful information on their site in regards to btu value, how they are processed, etc. But nothing (by way of a cursory glimpse) regarding price.

If it came out as a financial wash in comparison to no.2 heating oil, I fail to see the value. One benefit seems to be that you don't need a special appliance, as is the case with pellets. There's also, of course, the fact that you do without the inevitable mess that accompanies traditional wood heat. For some, that's a big plus. For us oldtime woodburners, the mess just comes with the territory.

We cut, split, and stack our own - going through about 5 cords a season - amounting to 640 cubic feet of cordage.

Personally, I like running the chainsaw, busting up the rounds with an 8lb splitting maul, and stacking my splits in a nice breezy and sunny location where I can admire the result of my labor.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #14
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordCentury View Post
Personally, I like running the chainsaw, busting up the rounds with an 8lb splitting maul, and stacking my splits in a nice breezy and sunny location where I can admire the result of my labor.
I cordially invite you over to my house to have a few more cords of fun.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I did check the liberty website and discovered that they do use reclaimed pallets which are mostly oak.......that's a plus.
I also found that they claim 8600 btu's per lb which translates to 17.2 mil btu's per 2000lb pallet....far short of a cord of oak which weighs 3800lbs and yeilds 25mil btu's
Also,how can a ton of bricks at 4x4x4 be slightly larger than a cord of wood at 4x4x8,as NHDOLFAN states?
Once again,sorry to cast a negative light on the product,but the numbers just don't add up.
Certainly,anyone that finds them more convenient may like them,but cost wise it's a no brainer....wood is a far better bargain.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Tuti

Default Qualiflame Energy Logs

A few weeks ago there was some discussion regarding cordwood and Liberty Bricks. Has anyone heard of or used the Qualiflame Energy Logs?
Tuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #17
ACutAbove

I have a couple hanging around $275 delivered to meredith or moultonboro. Been cut and split since last fall.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I cordially invite you over to my house to have a few more cords of fun.

Ha-ha. You can be my pun pal.

Sincerely,

a firewood enthusiast who makes the rounds and then splits.

I can go on all day with the puntificating, so it's best not to get me started!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #19
Misty Blue

Default Fire wood

Pat Fesenden does wood. He lives on Long Island (that is his mom does) just past the town beach.

Good young man.

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
fatlazyless

Just noticed that miraclefarmslandscaping.com has green cords of firewood, delivered to Moultonborough or Meredith for $195. Is that a low price and will geen turn to seasoned in about 4-5 months?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #21
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default tried it

Quote:
Just noticed that miraclefarmslandscaping.com has green cords of firewood, delivered to Moultonborough or Meredith for $195. Is that a low price and will geen turn to seasoned in about 4-5 months?
I posted about them above, then called, left a message (2X), no call back. Oh well I will check one of the others above out.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #22
Dogg

Default Be Careful

I just clicked the link posted above for miracleFarms and was brought to the below warning page from google:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for miraclefarmslandscaping.com

What is the current listing status for miraclefarmslandscaping.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-08-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-08-04.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including premiumlocate.cn/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS3561 (SAVVIS).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, miraclefarmslandscaping.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 4 hours ago
Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #23
EZ-Pass

Try this forum as it gives some answers that have been asked.
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6912
EZ-Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Just noticed that www.mirclefarmslandscaping.com has green cords of firewood, delivered to Moultonborough or Meredith for $195. Is that a low price and will geen turn to seasoned in about 4-5 months?
That is not a bad price for green hardwood cut split delivered. Green hardwood will turn to seasoned in 10 to 12 months if properly stacked and covered. If stacked/covered in a well ventilated and sunny area you could burn it in 5-6 months but it will not burn really well. For such half seasoned wood you need to keep the fire hot and watch for creosote build-up as you listen to the hiss.

Last edited by Slickcraft; 08-06-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #25
ACutAbove

If anyone is looking for a cord I will deliver seasoned wood for $250 a cord. I have about 4 left THat price would be for Meredith, Moultonboro,laconia and gilford. Just send me a PM
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #26
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Unless you're good at IDing wood species, this may or may not be the answer you want to hear.

Seasoning times vary greatly by species. Since seasoning is the process by which firewood loses its natural moisture content, it stands to reason that naturally wetter wood takes more time.

Ash, for example, has a low moisture content and may be burnt green. Conversely, red oak tends to be moist; and being a tight-grained wood, the moisture takes more time to escape.

So if I'm splitting now (actually I've been set for this winter since last Dec) any ash or dead standing trees would go in this winter's supply. Any oak would be stacked in the 2010-11 pile to get the wood's full potential.

Since most dealers sell "mixed hardwoods" the response to your question is a definite maybe.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #27
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Blue View Post
Pat Fesenden does wood. He lives on Long Island (that is his mom does) just past the town beach.

Good young man.

Misty Blue
Misty Blue,

Is Pat still doing this? I haven't noticed the normal piles out in front of the house on LI road this year........

But I will second Misty Blue's comment I have bought from Pat before, resonable price.... he was also willing to deliver us a cord with 1/2 seasoned, and 1/2 unseasoned..... and we just split the difference between a seasoned and unseasoned cord......
Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #28

Default Pat's Number

I too have tried Miracle a couple of times and no response back. Time to move on, if Pat is still doing wood, does anyone have a contact number?

Thanks

newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #29
riverat

I am also looking for a cord of dry hardwood for campfires in the Alton area. Any help "wood" be greatly appreciated.