Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Gunstock Adult ski group ?

Would anyone know if there is any adult (senior) ski groups at Gunstock who ski together on a weekly or daily basis ?

I've seen adult senior folks at other ski areas, who meet together almost on a daily basis, usually during weekdays. These folks are usually over 50's , 60's age group. Many in these crowds have season passes.

Wondering if there are any group up at Gunstock who meet like this on a regular basis ?

Thanks,
BD
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Winnisquamguy

I was talking to the owner of Sawyers and he told me he was with a group that skied everyday I believe they are called the breakfast club. Not sure how you would get in touch with him but good luck.
bigdog (11-03-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
kjbathe

There is a group of folks in the upper age group that skis together on weekdays. I believe the oldest is in his 80's, but don't let that fool you -- this group can really ski. I met up with one of the "slower" guys one weekend last season, and at age 72 he had all the talent and grace one could ask for. I hope I look half as good at his age. Heck, I hope I look half as good now!

They meet up ~8:30 in the morning at the stockade lodge (closest to the Ramrod Quad). You'll know who they are when you see them -- the no nonsense individuals quietly getting their gear on.

Have fun. Ski fast. In that order.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

If you are looking for old hot dog skiers to ski with? At Gunstock you will usually find me as one of the first ones up the lift. I do several runs and usually quit when the folks from buses hit the slopes. You are welcome to join me. I race weekends on the WMRL circuit in the North country. If you are into ski lodge life take a look at www.eicsl.org. Thet is where folks get together for the love of skiing, young and old.