Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
NHBoat70

Default Live election results

Visit www.Citizen.com for LIVE results...

They are offering free access to all the results in their coverage area
Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Belmont Resident

Default God help this country.

Very disappointed to live in a state that voted the way it did.
DRH (11-07-2012), Grandpa Redneck (11-07-2012), GsChinadoll (11-08-2012), jetskier (11-07-2012), MAXUM (11-07-2012), nicole (11-07-2012), NoRegrets (11-07-2012), Rattlesnake Gal (11-07-2012), RLW (11-07-2012), Seaplane Pilot (11-07-2012), secondcurve (11-08-2012), Sully (11-18-2012), tis (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
john60ri

Default Sad

It's demographics. We are becoming Another Country.
The Following User Says Thank You to john60ri For This Useful Post:
nicole (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default higher health care cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by john60ri View Post
It's demographics. We are becoming Another Country.
From someone who is in HR. When his health care plan is put in place all those working in manufacturing will be paying more. Why, the cost of healthcare will increase forcing companies to pass the cost onto their employees who are already feeling the effects as costs go up every year anyways.
Double edge sword,everyone will have it but the ones working will be paying for the ones who are not. That is his plan, take from those who have it to give to those who don't.
If that isn't buying an election I do not know what is.
Oh and I didn't have any strong feelings for Romney either but at least it was a change.
Grandpa Redneck (11-07-2012), NHKathy (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Bear Island South

Well said.
I am already feeling the affects of higher health care costs.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
From someone who is in HR. When his health care plan is put in place all those working in manufacturing will be paying more. Why, the cost of healthcare will increase forcing companies to pass the cost onto their employees who are already feeling the effects as costs go up every year anyways.
Double edge sword,everyone will have it but the ones working will be paying for the ones who are not. That is his plan, take from those who have it to give to those who don't.
If that isn't buying an election I do not know what is.
Oh and I didn't have any strong feelings for Romney either but at least it was a change.
two weeks ago i received my new health plan: increased $125 a month
office co pays went up another $5, all prescriptions except for generics went up a tier cost, so at least another $10 there, emergency room visits went up another $50, and then we now have to start paying a co-pay for MRI's and CAT scans

Yeah, this is change I can believe in that will deplete my resources
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Diver Vince

Someone once said that the people get the government they deserve..I can't fathom the mindset of the voters. Really, do we want another 4 years of this utter nonsense? And I also am disappointed with the voters in the "live free or die" state.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
RailroadJoe

Remember, that at least 50% have moved here from Massachusetts.
The Following User Says Thank You to RailroadJoe For This Useful Post:
Winnisquamguy (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Love to see those statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Railroad Joe, just curious where you got those figures? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
jetskier

Post It is going to be a long 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Vince View Post
Someone once said that the people get the government they deserve..I can't fathom the mindset of the voters. Really, do we want another 4 years of this utter nonsense? And I also am disappointed with the voters in the "live free or die" state.
I agree...I woke up thinking that this was groundhog day and we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter. This is going to be 4 years of winter. Post election, the stock market is tanking today and Isreal is making noise about Iran. In addition, we are broke as a country and the real state of the economy is much worse than what is being acknowledged. What the hell were people thinking?

Jetskier
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
RailroadJoe

Upthesaukee To be more precise per Boston Globe reporter, Tom Long, on March 28, 2008 "57% of NH population were born out of state, 25% from Mass. In 2001 to 2006 78,000 moved here from Boston" Just researching the net.

Hope that helps a little.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Upthesaukee To be more precise per Boston Globe reporter, Tom Long, on March 28, 2008 "57% of NH population were born out of state, 25% from Mass. In 2001 to 2006 78,000 moved here from Boston" Just researching the net.

Hope that helps a little.
So when you said that "at least 50% (of NH voters) have moved here from Massachusetts" you were overstating by a factor of two. Got it.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Vince View Post
You're right, "the people will get the government they derserve" come January 1, 2013! then they will be wondering what happened! Duh!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
Happy Gourmand

Isn't is nice to know that we just elected a moderate Republican as the new POTUS?
This is an interesting read....let the flaming begin!!

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ction_ref_map=
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
Just Sold (11-07-2012), Loony Singer (11-08-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #15
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Isn't is nice to know that we just elected a moderate Republican as the new POTUS?
This is an interesting read....let the flaming begin!!

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ction_ref_map=
That's an awesome article. It really points out how the Republican party has changed over the years, to its detriment. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
PaugusBayFireFighter

The GOP, as it was yesterday, is dead. Their platform cannot keep up with the ever expanding Hispanic population. Every month 50,000 Hispanics reach the voter age. Demographics say very clearly that the Republican Party, as we knew it yesterday, has got to wake up and realize this isn't your father's America. We have moved forward, evolved, like it or not. The demographic math is with the Democrats until the GOP changes it's platform.
With this President appointing at least 2, probably 3, Supreme Court Justices...the far right's ideology is now extinct. Good riddance!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
Belmont Resident

Cool

Quote:
I fail to see what the point is you are trying to make with that statement.
What state you originated from has no bearing on the election and it's results.
I think the problem this election is that way to many people who voted were uneducated.
Uneducated in that they watched all the BS being slung on TV and failed to look into the facts behind the candidates.
Unfortunately it is to late now, but when the new healthcare plan becomes fully in place in 2014 wait and see how many people get an eye opening when they look at their much smaller paychecks because the company they work for is passing all those increases on that result from Obama-care.
Word is that some companies are considering dropping health care completely and paying the fines for not offering it. The fines are a lot less then compliance will be. My wife is in HR, believe me this is not BS it is true.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
NoBozo

Being a retired old fart and having nothing constructive to do all day..I read stuff on the internet. Thankfully THIS forumm ..Today..is by far the most CIVIL I hope my comment below doesn't change that. If it does I implore Don to whack it.

Lots of Conservative hand ringing as to WHAT Happened.

None of the Conservative pundits have touched on this. SO I will.

Two words: FLASH DRIVE. Data IN..Data OUT....It's quick and descrete...........Voting machines...... Things are not usually as complicated as they might seem. NB
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
....We have moved forward, evolved, like it or not.....
More like we have moved diagonally downward and far to the left. Our forefathers and their notion of liberty and justice for all has turned to: slavery and entitlement for all.

I feel sorry for my children and everyone else who works for a living's children. Those children won't miss what they never knew. I feel lucky to have lived in the time I have, in that I have seen how great America can be standing on its own with nothing more than the government encouraging private enterprise so everyone benefits.

I personally know many people who have in the past to build businesses on their own. It was innovation of an idea, hard work, customer service and a quality product that did it. It wasn't some magical government operation that built it. This isn't right or left, its a philosophy.

How it relates to the Lakes Region? I know a realtor that has four sales agreements tied to what philosophy won the election. We will all feel this effect.
The Following User Says Thank You to wifi For This Useful Post:
nicole (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
Being a retired old fart and having nothing constructive to do all day..I read stuff on the internet. Thankfully THIS forumm ..Today..is by far the most CIVIL I hope my comment below doesn't change that. If it does I implore Don to whack it.

Two words: FLASH DRIVE. Data IN..Data OUT....It's quick and descrete...........Voting machines...... Things are not usually as complicated as they might seem. NB
Interesting. Have you put on your tin foil hat to suggest that a massive conspiracy of voter fraud was responsible for the results of yesterday's presidential election?

Perhaps you're making an attempt at humor, and if that's the case then I beg your forgiveness in advance. Such a conspiracy would be very complicated, and would have to involve many people throughout at least several "swing" states to ensure success (there were supposedly nine swing states, including Hew Hampshire (to stay on topic), all except North Carolina won by Obama), and spread out over many precincts so as not to arouse suspicion.

Your suggestion might make a good plot for a John Grisham novel, but I don't see it as anything other than fiction.

The less sexy and more grounded explanation for the results is that the Democrats understood the demographics and employed the ground game to take advantage, and the Republicans didn't. Plus, it's interesting to note that at least one analyst (see here) predicted exactly what would happen, right down to being 50 for 50 in his state predictions. So under your theory, he was either part of the conspiracy, or he got incredibly lucky and his analysis which would have otherwise been wrong turned out to look correct because the voting numbers were fudged.

Last edited by P-3 Guy; 11-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #21
Billy Bob

Default your the problem

since the majority voted the other way I think that makes YOU the problem. Time to suck it up and get on board
Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #22
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
Well said.
I am already feeling the affects of higher health care costs.
Me too, because all those new "free" mandates have to be paid for somehow.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #23
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
More like we have moved diagonally downward and far to the left. Our forefathers and their notion of liberty and justice for all has turned to: slavery and entitlement for all.
Which government entitlements do you disapprove of?
-Food stamps
-Unemployment assistance
-Veteran's benefits (to include military retirement pay and health care)
-Social Security
-Medicare
-Mortgage interest deduction
-Crop subsidies for farmers
-Exploration tax credits for large oil companies

Or pick any others (or all of them).

Generally, people like the entitlements that they get, and begrudge the entitlements they are not eligible for that others get. During a televised town hall debate about Obamacare before it was voted on in the Congress, I was amused by the elderly woman who stood up and loudly proclaimed that government involvement in healthcare was un-American and evil, and that she refused to be part of or pay for a government healthcare program. When asked if she would henceforth stop using her Medicare benefits, she seemed genuinely befuddled.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #24
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post

There were two million fewer votes cast this year than 2008; however, with this online-Conservative you could find some agreement:

Quote:
"Ten million Americans died since 2008. So we actually did quite well.

Given that more older people die than young and more older people are typically more conservative, we probably lost way more than 2 million conservatives.

That means we actually picked up some new young conservatives. But not enough. You can't use algebra to solve a calculus problem. This is a rate of change problem not an amount of change."
or...

"Demographics are Destiny"
—Rummy's Rules
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #25
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
Which government entitlements do you disapprove of?
-Food stamps
-Unemployment assistance
-Veteran's benefits (to include military retirement pay and health care)
-Social Security
-Medicare
-Mortgage interest deduction
-Crop subsidies for farmers
-Exploration tax credits for large oil companies

Or pick any others (or all of them).

Generally, people like the entitlements that they get, and begrudge the entitlements they are not eligible for that others get. During a televised town hall debate about Obamacare before it was voted on in the Congress, I was amused by the elderly woman who stood up and loudly proclaimed that government involvement in healthcare was un-American and evil, and that she refused to be part of or pay for a government healthcare program. When asked if she would henceforth stop using her Medicare benefits, she seemed genuinely befuddled.
TMI:

The problem with many folks in this country is they expect the "rich" to pay for everything. What ever happened to shared responsibility and "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"?

Regardless of where one stands politically, if the US fiscal situation is viewed from an economic perspective it is clear that it is unsustainable and I am confident that when it begins to unravel a deep crisis will occur very quickly. The irony of many proposed spending cuts is that they are not even intended to address today's expense structure but rather they are proposed to slow the rate of future expense growth. To illustrate: Imagine if your household were running a deficit today and after much angst the solution you came up with was to slow your spending in 2018 but after much debate your wife wouldn't let you implement that solution because it seemed to extreme! That is what is happening in this country and it scares me to death. I am willing to do something on the revenue side but only after the welfare state mentality of this country is addressed. Finally, I think the reason Obama won is simple: he was the politician that promised the most to various constituencies and even after all the promises the vote was very close. For the good of the country I pray that he will move to the center but I don't have high expectations.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (11-08-2012), GsChinadoll (11-08-2012), NoRegrets (11-08-2012), Seaplane Pilot (11-08-2012), Sunbeam lodge (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #26
RailroadJoe

As Captain Kirk said " One little mistake" and prople get all bent out of shape. Its a short life, enjoy it.
Closed Thread