Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
Formula260SS

Default Ceramic Coating / Diamond Shine

After purchasing a new Whaler I decided to show our Formula some love, it's 19 years old and the Gel Coat had been fairly well maintained but time certainly took it's toll. After looking at a friends boat Diamond Shine buffed and ceramic coated (gel coat dead as a door nail) I was shocked how well it came out. John had been telling me about Ceramic but after seeing it I dragged the ole girl over.

Needless to say DS did a fantastic job cleaning, buffing and applying the Ceramic - It looks freakin brand new, so good I didn't put it back in the water. Today I was in the driveway cleaning off the typical dust and debris, I was amazed how easily it cleaned off with water and microfiber. After a quick coat with the Ceramic detailer spray it's shinning even more.

Robin told me the coating lasts 2-3 years and everything on the interweb says the same, even longer if you maintain it well. Time will certainly tell but if this works out like I'm hearing it's the only way to go for anyone who likes a clean boat. The new Whaler goes over soon, I can't wait to see what a new surface looks like with this stuff.

It's not inexpensive (depending on prep) but from what I can tell well worth it, fantastic job from Diamond Shine again.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote