Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
Dave R

Default This is pretty funny

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/New_Hampshire

An excerpt I enjoyed:

The brief but frenetic tourist season begins in June and slams shut at the start of September. During June, Laconia hosts Motorcycle Week. Men with gray ponytails wearing leather, and toothless women wearing very little at all, arrive on motorcycles to enjoy the state's tranquility, between fights at bars. Laconia's city fathers try to stage-manage this spontaneous meeting of rebels. Motorcycle Week is the only week that New Hampshire has a night life. Every other week, "quiet time" begins sharply at 9 P.M.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
billy (09-03-2015), Crusty (09-03-2015), DBreskin (09-02-2015), ishoot308 (09-03-2015), pjard (09-02-2015), Rattlesnake Gal (09-04-2015), Redwing (09-03-2015), Reilly (09-04-2015), Rusty (09-02-2015), thinkxingu (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Rich

This is the first time I've seen this site!

I enjoyed it... here's another humorous quip:

Quote:
Highway markers still bear the silhouette of the Old Man of the Mountain. The markers are a continuing reminder that any resident you ask for directions will give them in terms of landmarks that no longer exist.
I also learned something, I never knew that Derry was arguably the birthplace of Cap'N'Crunch cerial! LOL
Old 09-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #3
pjard

Oh my, that is funny! I wonder if all the Masshole people who were offended a few weeks ago will feel better now. Thanks for sharing, made me laugh out loud.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #4
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Funny...and some of it is TRUE
SAMIAM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
Tired of Waiting

Default Bringing it up again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjard View Post
Oh my, that is funny! I wonder if all the Masshole people who were offended a few weeks ago will feel better now. Thanks for sharing, made me laugh out loud.
Good you want another thread locked lets do it!!

It appears that you just don't have the brains to understand. Masshole is NO LONGER A JOKE it is used as and has become a derogatory name for folks from one particular state. Why else would we from Mass be used to describe a "hole in the Ground!"

You stated in the last locked thread that other states were made fun of in the same manner. I sent you an IM and simply asked you to link me to any other thread where other folks from other states are singled out like those of us from Mass.

Your reply was to not IM you ever again and you never provided any proof of your statement.

This told me much about you. 1. you can't back up what you said. 2. therefore don't want to be challenged cause you can't defend yourself.

I am not offended by your ignorant utterances just sick and tired of this term being used to describe myself, my wife, and others from our state.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #6
AC2717

everyone take a hit from the chill pipe
this is all humorous
MeredithMan (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting View Post
Good you want another thread locked lets do it!!

It appears that you just don't have the brains to understand. Masshole is NO LONGER A JOKE it is used as and has become a derogatory name for folks from one particular state. Why else would we from Mass be used to describe a "hole in the Ground!"

You stated in the last locked thread that other states were made fun of in the same manner. I sent you an IM and simply asked you to link me to any other thread where other folks from other states are singled out like those of us from Mass.

Your reply was to not IM you ever again and you never provided any proof of your statement.

This told me much about you. 1. you can't back up what you said. 2. therefore don't want to be challenged cause you can't defend yourself.

I am not offended by your ignorant utterances just sick and tired of this term being used to describe myself, my wife, and others from our state.

ToW

I see your point, and agree to an extent.

As someone who moved up here from Mass years ago I do throw around the Masshole reference not meaning to be derogatory. I personally feel the best time on the lake is after labor day when the waters still warm and majority of "Mass people or vacationers from wherever" no longer come up as frequently. However, I do understand our local economy does to some extent rely on the business brought in from these said "Massholes" spending money in our coffee shops, marinas, tolls, restaurants etc.

So I feel it's a double edged sword, pjard may say I wish Massholes would all stay home but yet how would it really affect our region if they all did? Would your local marina shut the doors? That restaurant you like not reopen?

Food for thought from one Masshole to the next.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:44 AM   #8
Tired of Waiting

Default Your part of the problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
I see your point, and agree to an extent.

As someone who moved up here from Mass years ago I do throw around the Masshole reference not meaning to be derogatory. I personally feel the best time on the lake is after labor day when the waters still warm and majority of "Mass people or vacationers from wherever" no longer come up as frequently. However, I do understand our local economy does to some extent rely on the business brought in from these said "Massholes" spending money in our coffee shops, marinas, tolls, restaurants etc.

So I feel it's a double edged sword, pjard may say I wish Massholes would all stay home but yet how would it really affect our region if they all did? Would your local marina shut the doors? That restaurant you like not reopen?

Food for thought from one Masshole to the next.

You moved to NH and are doing your best to blend in even to the extent of calling us derogatory names. Your so proud of the name put a sign around your neck "I'm a Masshole" and stand on the busy street corner.

Again I am no longer going to tolerate the use of the term.

As far as I'm concerned if you don't have enough respect for yourself and those of us from another state you should just keep you mouth shut and stop showing you ignorance.

ToW
Old 09-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #9
MeredithMan

Default Go to "urban dictionary.com"....

.....look for definitions of "masshole", "Vermonter", "new Yorker"....doesn't matter.....everyone gets bashed for having their local quirks / behaviors. After living in CT on the border of Westchester Cty for the last 7 years, I can tell you that the term "new Yorker", (actually, "F___ing New Yorker", is how it's used), is quite popular there and maybe even more derogatory than "masshole".

let's all lighten up, shall we...??
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
pjard (09-03-2015), Redwing (09-04-2015), Reilly (09-04-2015), Winnisquamer (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
Winnisquamer

Quote:
You moved to NH and are doing your best to blend in even to the extent of calling us derogatory names. Your so proud of the name put a sign around your neck "I'm a Masshole" and stand on the busy street corner.

Again I am no longer going to tolerate the use of the term.

As far as I'm concerned if you don't have enough respect for yourself and those of us from another state you should just keep you mouth shut and stop showing you ignorance.

ToW
Who said anything about having pride of being from Mass. In fact I didn't like Mass so I moved out. Is that having enough respect for my self?

I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape because 1 or 2 idiots called you a masshole. Relax guy life is too short.

You state I don't have respect for people from another state yet the entire point of the last post was actually on your side to make the point that if we didn't have "you people" (which includes me) I wont call you a Masshole for the fear of offending you, we wouldn't even be able to survive with out the revenue you people bring in.

Best example is the fact that in 2 weeks this place will be a ghost town again besides for pumpkin fest. So ignorance isn't on my end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnisquamer For This Useful Post:
Smith Point (09-04-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #11
Newbiesaukee

There is a real adantage to living part time in NH and most time in Florida. I can be the visitors made fun of in NH and complain about all the tourists when I,am in Miami.

As far as offending people from Florida...it is not possible as whatever is said about our wildly diverse and insane state, the reality is even worse.

As I am not from MA, my own opinion is that the term used for folks from MA is more offensive than that used for folks from other places.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Tired of Waiting (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
Phantom

It never ceases to amaze me
1) how "thin skinned" some people on this Forum
2) how a simple thread can be disrailed off topic so quickly

Chill out folks !

pjard (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #13
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

I think everyone should have one or two of these as we get so close to yet another wonderful long weekend on the big lake!!

Life is short, enjoy it while you can!
Attached Images

pjard (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #14
Tired of Waiting

Default Your are starting to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
.....look for definitions of "masshole", "Vermonter", "new Yorker"....doesn't matter.....everyone gets bashed for having their local quirks / behaviors. After living in CT on the border of Westchester Cty for the last 7 years, I can tell you that the term "new Yorker", (actually, "F___ing New Yorker", is how it's used), is quite popular there and maybe even more derogatory than "m*******".

let's all lighten up, shall we...??
Those names have no place in a forum where we should be respecting each other. That is what this site started out as and is turning away from.

Folks think I am thin skinned. Not so. I've been on this forum for eleven years and always let it wash off my back. But it is now becoming the go to slur for anything negative. The Massholes on the road, the Massholes on the lake, the Massholes in town, the Massholes in my lawn, etc. etc... and 90% of the time the speaker doesn't even know if the person is from Mass.

This is my question: Why is every thing folks up there think negative a Masshole? You're telling me that's not derogatory?

All I'm saying is its worn out it's joke factor and is now becoming the go to slur!

I'm not thinned skinned just tired of its' use and the way it is being used.

ToW
Old 09-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #15
ishoot308

ToW;

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that word that must not be spoken, has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...VMJ/story.html
Old 09-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
Tired of Waiting

Default True BUT

Quote:
Who said anything about having pride of being from Mass. In fact I didn't like Mass so I moved out. Is that having enough respect for my self?

I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape because 1 or 2 idiots called you a masshole. Relax guy life is too short.

You state I don't have respect for people from another state yet the entire point of the last post was actually on your side to make the point that if we didn't have "you people" (which includes me) I wont call you a Masshole for the fear of offending you, we wouldn't even be able to survive with out the revenue you people bring in.

Best example is the fact that in 2 weeks this place will be a ghost town again besides for pumpkin fest. So ignorance isn't on my end.
You ended that post with "Food for thought from one Masshole to the next."

So my guess is that you are proud of being one? The rest of your post was fine by me and I thank you for that.

As for the part of "I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape because 1 or 2 idiots called you a masshole." this is not my point. My point is it is now becoming the go to "slur" It is no longer the joke it started out as.

ToW
Old 09-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #17
Tired of Waiting

Default True Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
ToW;

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that word that must not be spoken, has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...VMJ/story.html
From your Oxford "A piece of “coarse slang” defined as “a term of contempt for a native or inhabitant of the state of Massachusetts,”

So I guess it's OK to use on this forum? Go on and look up **** and all the other words that because they are in the Oxford English Dictionary we should be able to use.

We should be better than that Ishoot.

ToW
Old 09-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #18
Cindido

Not only was the "M" word been added to the Oxford English Dictionary in June 2015, it's referenced in a Forbes Magazine article dated Sept. 2, 2015. Guess it's gone mainstream:

http://fortune.com/2015/09/02/the-wo...te-for-drivers
Cindido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #19
ishoot308

Quote:
From your Oxford "A piece of “coarse slang” defined as “a term of contempt for a native or inhabitant of the state of Massachusetts,”

So I guess it's OK to use on this forum? Go on and look up **** and all the other words that because they are in the Oxford English Dictionary we should be able to use.

We should be better than that Ishoot.

ToW
Don't shoot the messenger I have never used the term on this forum...

As an fyi, along with "that word", "twerk" and "fo-shizzle" also made it in on the same day. Just goes to show you what our English language has turned into...

I think I'm now going to twerk my fat arse down to the tiki bar and fo-shizzle me up one of those Patron margaritas!

Have a great weekend!!

Dan
brk-lnt (09-03-2015), Cindido (09-03-2015), pjard (09-03-2015), wynndog (09-04-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #20
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I'm from MA as well, but I've never taken the word personally because I'm not one--I am courteous and thoughtful and do my best to not fit into the definition, which is all it really is.

That being said, I've gotta admit that as a NH resident these last eight years, I've seen a lot of behaviors from NY and MA people that help me understand the labels. That is NOT to say there aren't NH people who do the same things, but I think humans tend to be more critical of foreigners of any type.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #21
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

To Tired of Waiting and everyone else: Using obscenities is not allowed on this family friendly forum, even if you change a letter to a punctuation mark. And just because a word appears in the dictionary does not necessarily make it acceptable here.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Ms Molly McKever (09-04-2015), Newbiesaukee (09-03-2015), TiltonBB (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #22
Tired of Waiting

Default I know you better than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Don't shoot the messenger I have never used the term on this forum...

As an fyi, along with "that word", "twerk" and "fo-shizzle" also made it in on the same day. Just goes to show you what our English language has turned into...

I think I'm now going to twerk my fat arse down to the tiki bar and fo-shizzle me up one of those Patron margaritas!

Have a great weekend!!

Dan

Dan I would never shoot at you!!

You are probably a better shooter than me as I still struggle at the 600yd line

I also know you have not used the term. The point of my reply to you was the definition the Oxford has for the word ie, A piece of “coarse slang” defined as “a term of contempt, to support my position not to shoot you.

I apologize if you took it that way.

Now when are you going to "twerk my fat arse down to the tiki bar and fo-shizzle me up one of those Patron margaritas" cause that I have to see

ToW
The Following User Says Thank You to Tired of Waiting For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #23
Winnisquamer

Quote:
You ended that post with "Food for thought from one Masshole to the next."

So my guess is that you are proud of being one? The rest of your post was fine by me and I thank you for that.

As for the part of "I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape because 1 or 2 idiots called you a masshole." this is not my point. My point is it is now becoming the go to "slur" It is no longer the joke it started out as.

ToW
I am a masshole because I was birthed in the state of Massachusetts.. There for by default I am a masshole. To me it has nothing to do with being mean or an actual Ahole from mass or anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnisquamer For This Useful Post:
Smith Point (09-04-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #24
thinkxingu

^ This person hasn't read the whole thread.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #25
neckdweller

Can we all agree that flatlander is still allowed?
neckdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #26
pjard

OK, so back to the point. The website making fun of New Hampshire is very funny. TOW, chill out man, life is to short to live like you live it.
The Following User Says Thank You to pjard For This Useful Post:
Smith Point (09-04-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #27
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default How about "Blow in"?

I know I was probably called that unspoken term in the past, but I guess I have mellowed out and now fit in pretty well. Not accepted the same as a native, but I now have the highly respected title of "Blow In", as in having been blown in from that flat land to south of NH.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:14 AM   #28
swnoel

As a lifelong New Hampshirite(is that a word) ... PC is something we frown upon. Terms in this state are earned... not bestowed!
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:05 AM   #29
wynndog

Default Mass

But the Massholes do have "Cry Brady"
wynndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #30
Happy Gourmand

There is a golf cart in my neighborhood with the word "MASSHOLE" in big letters across the front. Yup, they are from Mass. In fact there are more people from MA in our neighborhood that there are from NH or anyplace else.
Nobody makes a big deal out of it there....maybe we all should do the same thing here.
Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend, everybody.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #31
Tired of Waiting

Default Your site your decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
To Tired of Waiting and everyone else: Using obscenities is not allowed on this family friendly forum, even if you change a letter to a punctuation mark. And just because a word appears in the dictionary does not necessarily make it acceptable here.
So using **** is not acceptable but Masshole is? The root word is the same.

I'll just drop this whole thing and let those who can't noodle out what I have been saying continue on their ignorant ways if you let them.

ToW
Old 09-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #32
Smith Point

I grew up in Massachusetts so that makes me a mhole also, everybody is in a big hurry to get somewhere, so I moved to Rhode island, not much better there ether. So I moved to Maine where the pace is much slower. It took me a year to realize what an ass is have been, driving around like a Maineack, I just thought that everybody drove like that. So the point I’m tiring to make is it doesn’t matter where you live if you have out-of-state plates your form “away”. And the locals are going to give you a nickname it’s not a “slur” it’s just a funny way to identify the out-of-staters.
Smith Point is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smith Point For This Useful Post:
pjard (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #33
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
I grew up in Massachusetts so that makes me a mhole also, everybody is in a big hurry to get somewhere, so I moved to Rhode island, not much better there ether. So I moved to Maine where the pace is much slower. It took me a year to realize what an ass is have been, driving around like a Maineack, I just thought that everybody drove like that. So the point I’m tiring to make is it doesn’t matter where you live if you have out-of-state plates your form “away”. And the locals are going to give you a nickname it’s not a “slur” it’s just a funny way to identify the out-of-staters.
I've lived here for 10 years now, still have Mass plates on all my vehicles. I'll never submit!

Last edited by PaugusBayFireFighter; 09-04-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Forgot about 7 years in Nashua!
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #34
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
I've lived here for 10 years now, still have Mass plates on all my vehicles. I'll never submit!

I rode that out for a while as well until my licence needed to be renewed.

I saved a TONNN of money on my car insurance by switching not to Geico, but to a NH resident! Might be worth while to investigate if you haven't already.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #35
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
I rode that out for a while as well until my licence needed to be renewed.

I saved a TONNN of money on my car insurance by switching not to Geico, but to a NH resident! Might be worth while to investigate if you haven't already.
"I rode that out for a while"...that's so funny because my wife asked me all the time...how long are you going to ride this stubbornness out?

I have the drivers license. I live here year round so I wasn't going to play games with my CCW permit. That could get me in real trouble. I registered my motorcycle in NH. My cars still have Mass plates. One of the biggest reasons I didn't register the cars in NH is their law saying I'd have to remove my tinted windows (Live Free Or Die). That, and not being able to give fellow drivers in Mass the finger. In Mass we see the middle digit as a sign of affection, unless it's an out of state license plate. Then, it's plain rude. I don't want to be rude.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
Reilly (09-05-2015), Smith Point (09-04-2015), trfour (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #36
rander7823

Default I am glad

I live in Connectidot and I am am a Connectidotter
rander7823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #37
Puck

I think we should shorten this term of endearment even further to M'oles.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puck For This Useful Post:
Cindido (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #38
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts
Angry

Quote:
So using **** is not acceptable but Masshole is? The root word is the same.

I'll just drop this whole thing and let those who can't noodle out what I have been saying continue on their ignorant ways if you let them.
The word you mentioned above (and I changed to asterisks) may not be acceptable here but I don't necessarily consider it an obscenity. In the post that I removed the other day you listed several words that were REAL obscenities (including the C word!) but you got them through by changing some letters to punctuation marks to defeat my automatic screening. You did it again in this post by adding a punctuation mark to a word that the forum would normally block.

Intentionally defeating the forum's filter after being asked not to normally gets you on the moderation list. I won't do that yet if you'll just cut it out!

By the way, I'm allowing this thread about M'oles because it does have some relevance to the Lakes Region and it's visitors and is not just an expletive.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Cindido (09-04-2015), Redwing (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #39
thinkxingu

Saw two stores advertising, "Welcome to NH, now don't MASS it up" paraphernalia today!

Old 09-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #40
Cindido

We're born and raised in NJ - what exit? How sick are we of hearing that?
Cindido is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cindido For This Useful Post:
CGI3 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #41
HomeWood

That's pretty funny.

This Masshole family cannot wait to be permanent NH residents and I assure you that we have no intention on bringing any Mass policies with us. We love NH pretty much as is. Thankfully, we have a place on Hermit to keep us pacified until then.

Last edited by HomeWood; 09-04-2015 at 03:45 PM.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #42
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow This Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/New_Hampshire

An excerpt I enjoyed:

The brief but frenetic tourist season begins in June and slams shut at the start of September. During June, Laconia hosts Motorcycle Week. Men with gray ponytails wearing leather, and toothless women wearing very little at all, arrive on motorcycles to enjoy the state's tranquility, between fights at bars. Laconia's city fathers try to stage-manage this spontaneous meeting of rebels. Motorcycle Week is the only week that New Hampshire has a night life. Every other week, "quiet time" begins sharply at 9 P.M.
Dave R, this post is very funny indeed!!!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #43
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
LOL! I moved to southern NH over 30 years ago and couldn't wait to change my plates! : )

...and now my license says "Moultonborough." Even better!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #44
Tired of Waiting

Default Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post

Intentionally defeating the forum's filter after being asked not to normally gets you on the moderation list. I won't do that yet if you'll just cut it out!

By the way, I'm allowing this thread about M'oles because it does have some relevance to the Lakes Region and it's visitors and is not just an expletive.
And that's how I feel the folks who use the word defeat your system. As I showed earlier the Oxford Dictionary defines it as :"A piece of “coarse slang” defined as “a term of contempt for a native or inhabitant of the state of Massachusetts,” The same basic definition it gives for the root word. Which is far different than the names others have mentioned for other states.

I also stated earlier I was going to drop this issue and let those who can't noodle out what I have been saying continue on their ignorant ways.

ToW
Old 09-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #45
Lakeboater

^ but you won't…...
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #46
pjard

This will really drive TOW crazy but click on the Mass link on the web site. It's even funnier than the NH one.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #47
Kamper

I'm working my way through all the states I've lived in. They're like those 'roast' shows.

"It hurts, but I kinda like it!"
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamper For This Useful Post:
rander7823 (09-09-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #48
AB_Monterey

I once had someone tell me that the term "chink in the armor" was racist.

We now return you to the offended, already in progress.

I escaped MA in 1976.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote