Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Snowmobile & Atv Registrations during ice fishing week

For any one coming to the Winnipesaukee area for the ice fishing derby and you are looking from a place to register your Snowmobiles or ATVs, the following businesses can do on the spot registrations.

There is no registration of Snowmobiles or ATVs available at the ROTARY TRAILER when registering for the derby.

Those registering Snowmobiles can also join the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club at the same time you are registering and receive a $30.00 discount for being a member of a New Hampshire Snowmobile Club.

These locations have applications on hand or you can go online to our website www.moultonborosmc.com and download a copy of our Application Form. You can then fill the application out and bring it with you to any one of the Agents listed below.

E M HEATH INC - TRUE VALUE HDWE
318 WHITTIER HWY (RT 25)
CENTER HARBOR, NH 03226
603-253-7558

SKELLEYS MARKET
374 GOVERNOR WENTWORTH HWY (RT 109)
MOULTONBORO, NH 03254
603-476-8887

DASILVA MOTORSPORTS LLC
7 MOULTONBORO NECK RD
MOULTONBORO, NH 03254
603-253-6688

Come and enjoy the LAKES AREA!

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 01-25-2008 at 02:21 PM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
idigtractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
The Great Rotary Fishing Derby

For any one coming to the Winnipesaukee area for the Ice Fishing Derby and you are looking from a place to register your Snowmobiles or ATVs, the following businesses can do on the spot registrations.

Those registering Snowmobiles can also join the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club at the same time you are registering and receive a $30.00 discount for being a member of a New Hampshire Snowmobile Club.

These locations have applications on hand or you can go online to our website www.moultonborosmc.com and download a copy of our Application Form. You can then fill the application out and bring it with you to any one of the Agents listed below.

E M HEATH INC - TRUE VALUE HDWE
318 WHITTIER HWY (RT 25)
CENTER HARBOR, NH 03226
603-253-7558

SKELLEYS MARKET
374 GOVERNOR WENTWORTH HWY (RT 109)
MOULTONBORO, NH 03254
603-476-8887

DASILVA MOTORSPORTS LLC
7 MOULTONBORO NECK RD
MOULTONBORO, NH 03254
603-253-6688

Come and enjoy the LAKES AREA!
I think you do an excellent job of passing along information regarding snowmobiling and public info as to what is going on in your area like the attachment above. Thanks a lot and please keep it coming.
idigtractors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
imalocal

You can also register at Meredith Harley Davidson.
imalocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Do They do Club Memberships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalocal View Post
You can also register at Meredith Harley Davidson.
Do they do Club Memberships? If not you are not eligible for the $30.00 discount for belonging to a New Hampshire Snowmobile Club. Does the Meredith Snowmobile Club have their Application available at any of the Registration Agents in Meredith? All of the Agents I listed have Apllications availabe.

George

WINNOCTURN

There is no registraion of Snowmobils or ATVs available at the ROTARY TRAILER when registering for the derby

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 01-25-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
HomeWood

For me, it still comes to about $90 bucks with the membership or without it. I'm not a resident though..................yet

I'm going to register at AJ's in Meredith next saturday. Get bait at the same time too..
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
imalocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
Do they do Club Memberships? If not you are not eligible for the $30.00 discount for belonging to a New Hampshire Snowmobile Club. Does the Meredith Snowmobile Club have their Application available at any of the Registration Agents in Meredith? All of the Agents I listed have Apllications availabe.

George

WINNOCTURN

There is no registraion of Snowmobils or ATVs available at the ROTARY TRAILER when registering for the derby
Yes, they do have club memberships for the Meredith club.
imalocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
Smith Point

Default don't do it!

$90.00 per sled? That’s highway robbery! For a weekend of going from trap to trap with a snowmobile?
The ticket is only $100.00! What’s the risk $10.00.
I pay a lot of money for property taxes, thou I am not a full time resident I should be able to register my snowmobiles as a resident, why do you ask? BECOUSE I PAY PROPERTY TAXES!
Smith Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Angry Get Your Fact Streight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
$90.00 per sled? That’s highway robbery! For a weekend of going from trap to trap with a snowmobile?
The ticket is only $100.00! What’s the risk $10.00.
I pay a lot of money for property taxes, thou I am not a full time resident I should be able to register my snowmobiles as a resident, why do you ask?
BECOUSE I PAY PROPERTY TAXES!
Smith Point

First of all not one dime of your Tax money goes to fund Fish and Game. It is supported by Registration Fees.
By joining a New Hampshire Snowmobile Club you get a $30.00 discount against your Registration Fee. This $30.00 is applied to as many Sleds as you want to register, say 1 to 5 sleds. That is a $150.00 savings. The money it cost you to join a club now goes to help support the Clubs DIRECTLY.

As for the FINES, your numbers are off. There are two fines that may apply here, the first not Registering is $120.00 per sled and then maybe one could conclude that if you are not Registered you will not have Registration Decals on your sled either. So maybe a resourceful Officer could issue you a summons for up to $180.00. It looks like a little more than $10.00. What is the phrase that fits here; SCOFFLAW?

I don’t think arguing with the Officer that you are a TAX PAYER is going to get you very far.

Operate unregistered snowmobile ................................................ $120.00
Operate without registration decals in place.................................. $ 60.00

One last word GET OVER IT!

WINNOCTURN

Just thought I would add this to make it clear what fines there are for Snowmobiles.

NEW FINE AMOUNTS FOR SNOWMOBILE VIOLATIONS
Effective: July 1, 2007

Speed Limit, Back Lake .................................................. ............... $ 72.00

Skimming .................................................. ................................... $240.00

Operate without lights .................................................. ................ $120.00

Snowmobile, unreasonable speed
1-20 mph over prima facie speed limit ................................. $ 72.00
21-30 mph over prima facie speed limit .............................. $120.00
31 mph and greater over prima facie speed limit ................. $240.00

Endanger person/damage property.......................................... ..... $120.00

Operate snowmobile on traveled portion...................................... $120.00

Snowmobile on state way, sidewalk, or snowbank......................... $ 72.00

Sound level .................................................. ................................ $120.00

Required equipment .................................................. .................... $ 72.00

Sled/trailer requirements...................................... ......................... $ 72.00

Identification to landowner .................................................. ........ $120.00

Operate unregistered snowmobile ................................................ $120.00

Operate without registration decals in place.................................. $ 60.00

Non-resident register at resident rate ............................................ $120.00

Operate without driver’s license or safety training ........................ $ 72.00

Operate on land of another without landowner permission ............ $ 72.00

Operate with suspended/revoked license...................................... $180.00

Effective: July 1, 2007

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 02-04-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Just a little more information on Registrations

Below are the actual Registration Fees based on both Resident and Non-Resident Status.

If you were to use Smith Points Logic it would actually cost only $7.00 over the non-club member registration fee if you were sited for an unregistered sled and the fee was $100.00. The break here is being a member of a New Hampshire snowmobile club. The club dues range on average from between $20.00 to $30.00 for a Family membership. The Club membership allows you to apply the $30.00 discount to as many sleds as you have to register. When you join a N. H.Club you also become a member of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association. The dues for NHSA are $10.00. That $10.00 comes out of what ever amount an individual club sets for its' dues. So if you join a club that only charges $20.00, the club is only receiving $10.00 in to its treasury.

Resident NH residents only.
Snowmobile (club member)* $48
Snowmobile (non-club member) $78

Non-resident
Snowmobile (club member)* $63
Snowmobile (non-club member) $93

WINNOCTURN
Old 02-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #10
Smith Point

Winnocturn, the point I am trying to make is, if I pay property taxes in the state on New Hampshire I should be able to register my snowmobiles as a taxpaying resident.
Another point is- it’s just not worth the price, in Maine it will cost you $33.00 to register your sled as a resident and there is thousands of miles if not tens of thousands of perfectly groomed trails every where. New Hampshire has the lake and the corridor trail witch I have never seen groomed where is the money going? It’s certainly no going into the trail system.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:40 AM   #11
Lakegeezer

Default Look again

Quote:
New Hampshire has the lake and the corridor trail witch I have never seen groomed where is the money going? It’s certainly no going into the trail system.
Look again. The trails have never been so well groomed as I've seen this year. Not just the state trail (I use 15 a lot) but the club trails in most locations. The money certainly IS going into the trail system. The past few years, its been hard to tell. There is not yet enough money to make snow on the trails.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #12
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Got to go out and Groom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Look again. The trails have never been so well groomed as I've seen this year. Not just the state trail (I use 15 a lot) but the club trails in most locations. The money certainly IS going into the trail system. The past few years, its been hard to tell. There is not yet enough money to make snow on the trails.
lg,

When I get back I will reply to the Smith Points' last post. Oh, Maine claims 13, 000 miles of trails not tens of thousands of miles. Yes the registration fee is $30.00 but you also have to pay a sales tax on each sled. I bet none of that goes to any thing related to Snowmobiling.

If "SP" owns property in Meredith I hope his is voting for SB-2, I know I am here in Moultonboro.

More later.

WINNOCTURN

PS: We did 170 hours of Grooming in Moultonboro in January if you are interested "SP". Those are all VOLUNTEER HOURS! My gut tells me "SP" does not belong to a Club?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
Blue Thunder

FWIW,
A seasonal registration for a sled in Maine is $69.00 for a non resident. I own a home in Maine and cannot claim Maine residency since I'm from Mass. The exact same situation as NH. I register them both in Maine since that's where I use them and there's no reciprocity between states..

BT

Last edited by Blue Thunder; 02-09-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #14
Smith Point

Blue T, go to any town hall and tell them your address you will be able to register your snowmobile to that address
But obviously you’ve never done that.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #15
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Blue T, go to any town hall and tell them your address you will be able to register your snowmobile to that address
But obviously you’ve never done that.
SP,
I tend not to do things that are illegal or underhanded. I do it online, which clearly states the rules. If your primary residence (where you are registered to vote) is not in Maine (or NH for that matter), then you are a non-resident, regardless of whether or not you own property there. I don't think walking into a Town Hall and lying to them is worth the 36 bucks...but apparently, you do.

BT
Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #16
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
SP,
I tend not to do things that are illegal or underhanded. I do it online, which clearly states the rules. If your primary residence (where you are registered to vote) is not in Maine (or NH for that matter), then you are a non-resident, regardless of whether or not you own property there. I don't think walking into a Town Hall and lying to them is worth the 36 bucks...but apparently, you do.

BT
BT,

Little did I know where such a simple post would lead. I think all has been said towards SP. Some people just don't get it.

WINNOCTURN