Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Overlake97

Default Shiloh Family Restaurant?

Has anyone been to Shiloh yet? This is the new place about 2 miles east of Exit 20 (Tilton) on Rt 3/11. They did quite a bit of front remodeling, and the other day I saw a LOT of cars there during the dinner hour. Does this place have a history of being open at some other location?
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Overlake97 For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
Has anyone been to Shiloh yet? This is the new place about 2 miles east of Exit 20 (Tilton) on Rt 3/11. They did quite a bit of front remodeling, and the other day I saw a LOT of cars there during the dinner hour. Does this place have a history of being open at some other location?
Looks like there are a few around the country another in NH.
http://www.shilohsrestaurant.net/
http://shilohsrestaurant.com/
Overlake97 (05-31-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
belly_button_biter

Default Not the same places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Looks like there are a few around the country another in NH.
http://www.shilohsrestaurant.net/
http://shilohsrestaurant.com/
We stopped in for dinner the other night and learned that the place is owned by 2 sisters who also own a restaurant in it's 4th year about 65 miles north. (can't remember the name of the town).

The ambiance of the place struck us a little strange. It seems as if the makeover was done with material provided by Home Depot or Lowes. There was also something that left us feeling as if they could not commit to one direction. Part of the floor was an attractive wood while there was a rather ugly carpet covering another. The lighting was very bright which I guess is good for those who don't see well but not so good for those in search of a romantic night out.

We had fried clams that fall way short of the one served at Family Tree, Maine Mussels that were tough and without flavor, Spaghetti and meatballs (beefollo is the only option) which had a very disappointing sauce, and the lobster and avocado salad which was nothing more than some slices of avocado and pieces of lobster on a Greek salad.

The food was somewhat blah, ranking right up there with the best that Chili's Applebees or Pizza Uno have to offer.
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by belly_button_biter View Post
We stopped in for dinner the other night and learned that the place is owned by 2 sisters who also own a restaurant in it's 4th year about 65 miles north. (can't remember the name of the town).

The ambiance of the place struck us a little strange. It seems as if the makeover was done with material provided by Home Depot or Lowes. There was also something that left us feeling as if they could not commit to one direction. Part of the floor was an attractive wood while there was a rather ugly carpet covering another. The lighting was very bright which I guess is good for those who don't see well but not so good for those in search of a romantic night out.

We had fried clams that fall way short of the one served at Family Tree, Maine Mussels that were tough and without flavor, Spaghetti and meatballs (beefollo is the only option) which had a very disappointing sauce, and the lobster and avocado salad which was nothing more than some slices of avocado and pieces of lobster on a Greek salad.

The food was somewhat blah, ranking right up there with the best that Chili's Applebees or Pizza Uno have to offer.
What I meant is it might be a franchise but if nothing else it does look like the same family might own both NH restaurants.
Nicole and Miranda Fenoff started the one in Woodsville NH.
Found this by googling the name and reading the, about us, section.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Overlake97

Default Same people own both

The Shiloh Family Restaurant in Woodsville and the new one in Tilton ARE run by the same people. I called the former to ask about the latter, and they confirmed it. The Shiloh out of state, I'm pretty sure, is completely unrelated to these two.
The Following User Says Thank You to Overlake97 For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (06-04-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
sanbornton55

Default Shiloh's Tilton NH

We were a party of 10 for lunch .. 7 of us ordered Seafood Roll ..choice of Scallops or Clam strips...4 for scallops and 3 for clam strips. Clam strips were the first items served...when I saw them I was so happy I had ordered scallops...the onions rings were golden and looked good...and they were good...but the clam strips were deep fried and were dark ,dark , dark brown..way over cooked. Two of the four scallop orders came out..not mine yet.....I couldn't believe my eyes ... the scallops were not deep fried..I really don't know how they were cooked,but they were white as snow...not even browned a little as in pan fried ...it was several minutes before I received my scallop roll...I put my finger on a scallop ..barely warm....yet the onion rings were so hot I could not eat them...so that tells me my sad little scallop roll with a couple of pieces of flat lettuce sat in the kitchen for awhile waiting for the onion rings to cook. I ate 2 scallops...and the onion rings....it was blah to say the least...while we were waiting for our check someone said," at least the pickle is good."..I said " What pickle ?" ...my plate was still in front of me..so I looked ...9 people got a pickle..lucky I was able to live without a pickle....it was no big deal...just one more thing.The bun that held the scallops was nice ,soft and fresh..the onion rings were very good... nice batter ..the person next to me ordered steak sub..it looked good...another had chicken fingers,mashed potatoes and corn....cleaned their plate..so I would say it was good....one person ordered a salad with chicken strips...I am not a salad person .. so it was very big is all I can say .
sanbornton55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
RLW

sanbornton55, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Thanks for your review of Shiloh's. Sorry to hear all the bad things that happened, but very glad you posted your experience with them.
sanbornton55 (06-10-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Overlake97

Thumbs up Great Breakfast!

After seeing their "Now open for Breakfast" sign, we stopped into Shiloh about a week ago for our first visit for any meal, and were very impressed. Everything, from coffee to eggs to homefries, was excellent. They offered two different kinds of homefries - deep fried or grilled, and we went for the grilled. Good choice: Nice and thin and crispy, with that "real potato" taste. I wanted more. Other than that, I had a standard eggs and bacon breakfast, and both were as good or better than any other place around. The eggs were poached perfectly, and the bacon was on the thicker side. My wife had an omelet, and was equally impressed.

In an earlier post, someone commented a bit negatively on the decor, but we thought it was fine. They've obviously put a lot of work into transforming the interior, with booths and tables and stonework (I think it's real) throughout, and we thought it looked great. A unique feature, which we discovered at the end of the meal, is that each booth has its own overhead lamp dimmer switch. Not really necessary at breakfast, but I can imagine this being a real plus during dinner. Turn it up to read the menus, turn it down for the meal!

We're definitely going back for a different meal soon, and, in fact, probably heading to Shiloh for breakfast again this morning.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
jrc

Last time I went by, it looked like the breakfast/sandwich/ice cream shop next door was out of business. That may have paved the way for them to do breakfast.

The place does look weird for the outside. Kind of like a biker bar but you can't judge a book by its cover.

Not that I don't like biker bars, but there seems to be an over abundance in the area. Some are really good for food, some are just for getting drunk.

I guess the only way to find out is to try it myself.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Last time I went by, it looked like the breakfast/sandwich/ice cream shop next door was out of business.
Thats the Melt Away and I believe its just closed for the season...its does very well during the summer.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
jrc

I thought the sign said for lease, but I was just driving by and may have mis-read it.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I thought the sign said for lease, but I was just driving by and may have mis-read it.
I stand corrected ....the place is for lease or they are looking for a partner to run the restaurant. Shame they had good food!
Old 08-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #13
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Old thread but passed by today and looks like it has finally closed after many many times passing by with just 1 or 2 cars in the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #14
Hillcountry

The wife and I went to Woodsville to meet with the log home company that we are buying logs for an addition from. After the meeting we stopped for breakfast at that Shiloh’s location and had a great breakfast. I always thought the Tilton location looked strange with the outside “decor” of the building and like others, never saw much business there. The girl who waited on us in Woodsville was very nice and she said she traveled between the 2 locations to work.
Don’t know if the business in Tilton is open or otherwise.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:51 AM   #15
LoveLakeLife

I ate there once a few years ago. The food was fine and the service was good. I’ve always thought that the problem was the wall along the street that goes for the length of the restaurant. Paradoxically I found it to be unwelcoming and even off-putting. It was difficult to se the restaurant from the road and it made the parking lot appear inaccessible, especially if you had passed the entrance.

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:51 AM   #16
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

I agree the outside decor, wall and dirt parking lot did not make the establishment welcoming at all. I didn’t mention it above the the signs were down.

joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (08-12-2019)