Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
lacey

Default Patrick's Pub & Eatery

We are planning on trying Patricks next week. Any comments? Suggestions of what to try?
lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
arthurc

We've eaten there many times for lunch. It's always been excellent. Don't know about dinner though.
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #3
trfour

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey
We are planning on trying Patricks next week. Any comments? Suggestions of what to try?
All...........! I have been enjoying the fantastic food and friendly folks at Patrick's, for some 14 years now. My family and friends have never been dissapointed!..... Patrick's has a "BOSS" menue to choose from, and if you are dissapointed, just tell Alan to put it on my tab. I will let him know that you will be in.

Enjoy!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
Joe Kerr

Thumbs up Patrick's a big Thumbs UP

Patrick's Pub and Eatery is an excellent choice. It can be busy on the weekend but very good food. I eat there several times a season for many years. I enjoy their steaks and also the fried scallops. I have rarely been disappointed with Patrick's over many years of patronage. On those very few occasions when I was less than happy (many years ago) they went above and beyond to make things not only right, but better.

Enjoy Patrick's in Gilford.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:36 AM   #5
lacey

Trfour that is very generous of you but you better be careful my group can eat and DRINK up a storm! So you better hope we like it! Thanks for the feedback we will be heading there prolly Sat. for lunch and then for dinner sometime during the week.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2004, 06:15 PM   #6
trfour

Quote:
Trfour that is very generous of you but you better be careful my group can eat and DRINK up a storm! So you better hope we like it! Thanks for the feedback we will be heading there prolly Sat. for lunch and then for dinner sometime during the week.
lacey, I respectfuly hear and understand you!... I'm sure that you all will enjoy Patrick's, and have fun at the same time.
Let us know!!
trfour

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 08-08-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:36 AM   #7
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Patrick's is great. and a P.S. about 10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour
lacey, 10 four on that!... I'm sure that you all will enjoy Patrick's, and have fun at the same time.
Let us know!! trfour
I'll join those singing the praises of Patrick's. The food is very good as is the service. A few years ago while recovering from surgery I was at the lake for a few weeks. I had a few "take out" meals each week from Patrick's. Mouthwatering good. Dining in (and out, they have a patio) is also good but don't expect a quiet candle-lite atmosphere. I am picky and I like Patrick's. Our family eats there often when at the lake.

There is no designated drinker in my family so I can't critique their pub. It always seems to be bustling and knowledgeable friends tell me that fine spirits are served there.

Now, about the
Quote:
... 10 four on that!...
The commonly used police and Marine Patrol 10 code in New Hampshire says the meaning of 10-4 is REPEAT. I know that's not what the "truckers", CB'ers, my local police (and many others) mean when they say 10-4 but evidently that's not the NH way . In the meantime, I'm going to be 10-78 at Patrick's for 10-14 (10-78 means means meeting a party, 10-14 is taking a meal).

And just for SKIP and others that follow the NH 10-code, I'm also 10-90

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 08-05-2004 at 01:38 AM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:55 AM   #8
Pepper

Wink No 10-19, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Que
I'll join those singing the praises of Patrick's. The food is very good as is the service. A few years ago while recovering from surgery I was at the lake for a few weeks. I had a few "take out" meals each week from Patrick's. Mouthwatering good. Dining in (and out, they have a patio) is also good but don't expect a quiet candle-lite atmosphere. I am picky and I like Patrick's. Our family eats there often when at the lake.

There is no designated drinker in my family so I can't critique their pub. It always seems to be bustling and knowledgeable friends tell me that fine spirits are served there.

Now, about theThe commonly used police and Marine Patrol 10 code in New Hampshire says the meaning of 10-4 is REPEAT. I know that's not what the "truckers", CB'ers, my local police (and many others) mean when they say 10-4 but evidently that's not the NH way . In the meantime, I'm going to be 10-78 at Patrick's for 10-14 (10-78 means means meeting a party, 10-14 is taking a meal).

And just for SKIP and others that follow the NH 10-code, I'm also 10-90
But thankfully you're not 10-19 or 10-59! Sorry I had to put your whole post in the quote - I can't figure out how to quote just a portion of a post! My computer inability notwithstanding, I do know a little bit about good food, and Patricks is a great place for good food! Nice selection, healthy portions, reasonable prices, good service and lots of fun!
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
Mee-n-Mac

Default Partial Quoting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Sorry I had to put your whole post in the quote - I can't figure out how to quote just a portion of a post!
Hit the quote button just like you do now and then in the resulting box, highlight and delete the portions of the quote you don't want. It's just as edittable as the part you type in. Just be sure to leave the bracketed quote=name and /quote parts to make the quote appear as a quote.

ps - I agree, Patricks is great.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:34 AM   #10
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Default 10-3 (go ahead with messsage)

Quote:
But thankfully you're not 10-19 or 10-59! ...
Good thing too Pepper. Otherwise, even with no 10-25 they'd be 10-43 then 10-94.

And that's a big Ten-Four
Or QSL as Ham Radio types would say (many years ago when I lived in NYC the New York City Police Dept used the "Q" codes when they could rather than the 10-code).

P.S. There is a report of a 10-69 near your location.... (or was that at the volcano?)

I'll 10-11 next 10-14 (translation, I'll report in person on my next meal break)

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #11
Pepper

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Hit the quote button just like you do now and then in the resulting box, highlight and delete the portions of the quote you don't want.
Here goes! Thanks M-n-M for helping me sharpen my skills!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #12
Pepper

Default 10- 78 with us anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Que
P.S. There is a report of a 10-69 near your location.... (or was that at the volcano?)

I'll 10-11 next 10-14 (translation, I'll report in person on my next meal break)
Al, the 10-69 was at the volcano. A crash-n-burn! The situation over on our side was more like a 10-37! It was brought in by a 10-28, rather than than taken out by a 10-27, but it surely was 10-37 nonetheless!

I'll expect to 10-78 with you next time you're available for a 10-14. I'm waiting for Skip to do the same, but perhaps he's not able to 10-76 until the weekend???

OK, I'm now 10-79. I'll be 10-1 at 11:00 tomorrow. You know what my 10-18 will be.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #13
DRH

Default Different Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour
About the meaning of "10-4".

"The meaning of 10 four is, I respectfuly hear and understand you."

Come'on back, ya hear?
Actually, trfour, Al's right. For some reason, law enforcement agencies in NH use a slight variation of the "10-codes" used elsewhere. In NH, 10-4 means "Please repeat message", and 10-5 means "Message received". I don't know if those are the only differences or not.

It took me by surprise when I first started scanning in NH, when I began to hear "10-5" used in place of what, in my experience, had always been "10-4". I even remember back to the TV show "Highway Patrol" where Broderick Crawford's character Dan Mathews would constantly be saying "10-4" on the radio to indicate "message received". (Guess I've really dated myself now!)

I'll be 10-79.
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #14
Navman

Thumbs up

patricks is always good!!But have you tried Townsends Tavern (Glendale docks) The food is awesome!!
Navman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:08 PM   #15
trfour

Post Thank you, Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hughes
Actually, trfour, Al's right. For some reason, law enforcement agencies in NH use a slight variation of the "10-codes" used elsewhere. In NH, 10-4 means "Please repeat message", and 10-5 means "Message received". I don't know if those are the only differences or not.

It took me by surprise when I first started scanning in NH, when I began to hear "10-5" used in place of what, in my experience, had always been "10-4". I even remember back to the TV show "Highway Patrol" where Broderick Crawford's character Dan Mathews would constantly be saying "10-4" on the radio to indicate "message received". (Guess I've really dated myself now!)

I'll be 10-79.
I stand corrected, and my apologies to everyone for any confusion that I caused.

I appreciate your help.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:27 AM   #16
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Smile Patrick's is Great - and a 10 code sidebar (having nothing to do with Patrick's)

Quote:
Al, the 10-69 was at the volcano. A crash-n-burn! The situation over on our side was more like a 10-37! It was brought in by a 10-28, rather than than taken out by a 10-27, but it surely was 10-37 nonetheless!

I'll expect to 10-78 with you next time you're available for a 10-14. I'm waiting for Skip to do the same, but perhaps he's not able to 10-76 until the weekend???

OK, I'm now 10-79. I'll be 10-1 at 11:00 tomorrow. You know what my 10-18 will be.
Hey Pepper, I was 10-LOL after reading that post. Very clever. I've been an alleged 10-37 but nothing "official" (yet ). I've already been a Pepper this season and will be again (eat at Waldo Peppers that is). I'll save those comments for the Exceptional Lobster Roll thread.

trfour: No problem confusing the different meanings of 10-4. You didn't need to delete your message. I repeat, it's the New Hampshire way (that 10-4 = Repeat Message). I realized that you did not originally fully comprehend my comment. No big deal. Most of the USA knows that 10-4 means "acknowledged/OK/Go ahead". Besides, that was kind of a sidebar when this thread topic is really comments about Patrick's (which still has good food).

Don: Thanks for adding to the 10 code clarificatoin. I think there are a few other NH specific 10 code differences. Skip may know them while I would have to look them up. I look forward to a QSO with you. I too remember Broderick Crawford (twenty-one fifty to Headquarters, 10-4). Ahhh the good old days. On a small TV screen, no surround sound but surrounded by viewers - from film in living Black and White with super low fidelity monaural audio.

I think this thread has had enough 10 code Tom Foolery so may I suggest that anyone wanting more 10-code stuff move it to a different section of the forum.

Meanwhile, (back on topic) lacey started this thread. What did you think about your visit to Patrick's?

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 08-09-2004 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #17
lacey

well, we are all back to reality and away from the lake and missing it very much already ( Anyway, Our first experience at Patricks, was wonderful! We had a charming young host who was very professional, polite and very helpful at the ripe old age of 11! His dad is certainly teaching him right and I'm sure he will go far in the business ) Of course we had to start with appetizers mmmm then on the the main course mm mmmmm and who could leave without sampling dessert mm mmm mmmmmmm!! Oh ya, had to also make sure that beer was cold, so we had to try that too!! Thank you all for your help and pointing us to Patricks. It was great and we will for sure be visitors again, next time we are up there! oh.... by the way Trfour, allan wasn't there so we couldn't put it on your tab...we tried! LOL
Old 08-14-2004, 02:30 PM   #18
trfour

Smile Thank you, Lacey!

Quote:
well, we are all back to reality and away from the lake and missing it very much already ( Anyway, Our first experience at Patricks, was wonderful! We had a charming young host who was very professional, polite and very helpful at the ripe old age of 11! His dad is certainly teaching him right and I'm sure he will go far in the business ) Of course we had to start with appetizers mmmm then on the the main course mm mmmmm and who could leave without sampling dessert mm mmm mmmmmmm!! Oh ya, had to also make sure that beer was cold, so we had to try that too!! Thank you all for your help and pointing us to Patricks. It was great and we will for sure be visitors again, next time we are up there! oh.... by the way Trfour, allan wasn't there so we couldn't put it on your tab...we tried! LOL

I was'nt worried at all!.....I am very happy that you enjoyed the food and fun there, and I'm sure you will on your return trips here! God speed, and thanks again!

Old 08-24-2004, 04:33 PM   #19
Lady Di

Default This is too funny.

When Hubby and I met, I was in Gilford and he was a Franklin Police Officer. The code for "persons present" was 10-8. Now, after 20 years, and very very many miles, both in Fla and Ca., if we are talking about something private, and there is anyone or anything around, we will just say 10-8, and change the subject. People have looked at us like...."what the??"
Back to the thread......maybe we will check out "Patrick's" this coming vacation.
Lady Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:52 PM   #20
pmj

Default Patrick's Pub & Eatery

We just came home from having a wonderful meal at Patrick's. There were 4 of us and each meal was excellent. The meals were Prime Rib...perfection, Guiness steak ..very tender but could have been a tad thicker. Sirloin steak tip sandwich..to die for, and pulled pork sandwich, which was a bit skimpy on the pork .
The service was a little bit slow, even though it was not crowded, but we weren't in a hurry so that wasn't really a problem.
We had to ask for rolls after our meal was served when we saw other tables being served rolls by another waiter. The rolls were delicious, definately home made and the desserts were incredible and huge.

All in all it was a very good experience and we will be back.

pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #21
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Parick's Pub

This is my ol' watering hole from wayyyyyy back. I highly reccomend this place. Make sure you say Hi to Al, the owner. I happen to get lucky and know someone with a dock at the local marina. I can dock at the marina and walk over. Otherwise you will dock at the Glendale docks and walk about a 1/2 mile to Patricks. It is worth the walk!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:08 PM   #22
gtxrider

Thumbs up It must be good.

We had two meals there over President's Day weekend. We usually meet several friends there for dinner on our annual winter trip to the lake but due to snow it was a smaller group this year but fun non the less.

The desserts are great!
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:14 PM   #23
gtxrider

Default You are not old..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH

I'll be 10-79.
DRH...

I remember "Highway Patrol" and the Black and White Buick Patrol Car. At least I think it was Black and White since our TV was black and white.

6,2 and Even over and out! A quote from the Dick Tracey cartoons I watched as a kid.
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #24
Coastal Laker

Default The Best Dessert

You have to try the Peanut Butter Pie - it's to die for! I love eating at Patrick's and always leave room for dessert.

Coastal Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #25
pmj

I don't know about that..peanut butter in a pie never thrilled me.
Now the Kahlua Mud Pie...THAT is to die for...mud and kahlua in a pie ..can't beat that!
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #26
bobio

Default Patrick's Pub

The last few times I ate there the food was a disapointment. I like the atmosphere there and you meet some great poeple. I have to mention how the steaks in particular have been lacking in quality. The seating in the booths are also too close for comfortable dining. I'm sure this is not the first mention of that. All in all the place is a great place to go and I always look forward to going there.
bobio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:10 AM   #27
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
One of Gilford's most popular restaurants, Patrick's Pub and Eatery, has been named Restaurant of the Year by the New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association at an awards dinner held Manchester.
CLICK HERE for complete Citizen Article

(free registration required)

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #28
BBS2

Wink Yeah for Patrick's

Good for them, they deserve it.
Great food, reasonable prices,nice staff.
I am a vegetarian and it is always nice to patronize a restaurant that has options for me. They have even changed a dish for me to remove the meat portion! The waitstaff are exceptionally nice.
We go there several times a season...and we love it!
Make sure you try their root beer
BBS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #29
The Big Kahuna

Default Best of the rest

I agree, Patrick's to top notch for food, drink and attmosphere! Been there 100 times, have enjoyed it 100 times.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #30
Pineedles

Default 100 Times?

Wow Big Kahuna, 100 times! After seeing your dining escapades around the lakes region you must not like home cooking too much.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:35 PM   #31
The Big Kahuna

Default What home cooking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles
Wow Big Kahuna, 100 times! After seeing your dining escapades around the lakes region you must not like home cooking too much.
Do not eat at home on weekends, my friends, wife and I usually dine out Friday and Saturday night year round, so yes I have tried a lot different places over the past 20 years.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #32
mets3007

Patricks is also another place I go about once a week when I am there, the atmosphere is a little more fast paced and nosier than other places but the food is very good and it has a very good staff but could be a little slow at nite. I also recommend this place to anyone.
mets3007 is offline   Reply With Quote