Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2020, 04:48 PM   #1
webmaster
Moderator
 
webmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,267
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 370
Thanked 3,050 Times in 713 Posts
Default Youtube TV Price Bumped 30%

From past threads we see that lots of you have switched to Youtube TV, including me. Today they announced a 30% price increase, from $49.99/month to $64.99/month. It's probably still worth it but...yikes!
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-30-2020), DBreskin (06-30-2020), upthesaukee (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #2
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 5,025
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,776
Thanked 1,614 Times in 891 Posts
Default Still good

Still a good call. 85+ channels with unlimited DVR, data saves up to 9 mos mnk up to 6 accts per household, 3 concurrent streams, no contract, no hidden fees.

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
Slickcraft
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Welch Island and West Alton
Posts: 2,675
Thanks: 887
Thanked 1,497 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Still a good call. 85+ channels with unlimited DVR, data saves up to 9 mos mnk up to 6 accts per household, 3 concurrent streams, no contract, no hidden fees.

Dave
I have to agree but sort on choked on the new price and added junk channels.

Quote:
Today we are also adding more of ViacomCBS’s family of channels to YouTube TV, which includes 8 of your favorites: BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1.
Now something useful like the Weather Channel would have been appreciated.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-30-2020), Hillcountry (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 07:43 PM   #4
Loub52
Senior Member
 
Loub52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Meredith, NH
Posts: 99
Thanks: 70
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
From past threads we see that lots of you have switched to Youtube TV, including me. Today they announced a 30% price increase, from $49.99/month to $64.99/month. It's probably still worth it but...yikes!
The price bump is truly steep, though they’ve added several new channels in an attempt to soften the blow (a little). Regarding Slickcraft’s post on the weather channel, If you have Roku, I recently stumbled upon Weather Nation, available free to Roku subscribers. Weather Nation also has a good app.
__________________
Thanks,
Loub52
Loub52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #5
Slickcraft
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Welch Island and West Alton
Posts: 2,675
Thanks: 887
Thanked 1,497 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loub52 View Post
The price bump is truly steep, though they’ve added several new channels in an attempt to soften the blow (a little). Regarding Slickcraft’s post on the weather channel, If you have Roku, I recently stumbled upon Weather Nation, available free to Roku subscribers. Weather Nation also has a good app.
Yes good point. We did notice Weather Nation which is pretty good. There is quite a bit of stuff on the ROKU channel; much of which we have not looked at yet.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (06-30-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM   #6
tummyman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 446
Thanks: 77
Thanked 342 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Started YouTubeTV service 5 days ago after free trial and then got the "blast" with the price increase. Sure was short lived euphoria. I was depressed to see the extra 15 channels....mostly junk. Really took the wind out of our enthusiasm, as the original group of 70 channels was pretty good. We'll stick with it as we like its' performance. But the increase and the "sell" with 15 more junky channels is not what we expected from YouTubeTV. I think they punted this one. Maybe they will move in the future to have some sort of a la carte options that can save us money by bundling what we want and tossing the junk. But 30% increase doesn't seem justified. Sad way to start a relationship after tossing Spectrum.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #7
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 2,078
Thanks: 1,330
Thanked 657 Times in 387 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Started YouTubeTV service 5 days ago after free trial and then got the "blast" with the price increase. Sure was short lived euphoria. I was depressed to see the extra 15 channels....mostly junk. Really took the wind out of our enthusiasm, as the original group of 70 channels was pretty good. We'll stick with it as we like its' performance. But the increase and the "sell" with 15 more junky channels is not what we expected from YouTubeTV. I think they punted this one. Maybe they will move in the future to have some sort of a la carte options that can save us money by bundling what we want and tossing the junk. But 30% increase doesn't seem justified. Sad way to start a relationship after tossing Spectrum.
I agree. We haven't had it a year yet and it was like a face slap...I can imagine what you feel just having set it up...Seems the TV companies have us by the short hairs any way you look at it...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.25221 seconds