Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > ForumFests > ForumFest VIII (2011)
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Meredith lady

Default Forum Fest-2011

i am willing to start the ball rolling on a forum fest for this summer. Last year it was a labor of love and i really enjoyed being part of the team. So...dates, locations, charity choices....let me know what you think!
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meredith lady For This Useful Post:
angela4design (04-26-2011), bclaker (05-10-2011), Lucky1 (05-03-2011), Misty Blue (05-17-2011), Redwing (04-27-2011), W Clarke (05-09-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
angela4design

Default early season FF?

Could we have it earlier in the season this year? Last year, it was August, but if we made it earlier in the summer, we still have some of the season left to hang out with new friends that we make at the FF? Maybe in June, before or after Bike Week (11-19th). Is that too much pressure to pull it off?

I really liked the Center Harbor location, though - I thought that was perfect.
The charity was great too - the food pantries need all they help they can get.

Maybe Don will do a live feed webcam, too - that was great!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angela4design For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (04-26-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
Could we have it earlier in the season this year? Last year, it was August, but if we made it earlier in the summer, we still have some of the season left to hang out with new friends that we make at the FF? Maybe in June, before or after Bike Week (11-19th). Is that too much pressure to pull it off?

I really liked the Center Harbor location, though - I thought that was perfect.
The charity was great too - the food pantries need all they help they can get.

Maybe Don will do a live feed webcam, too - that was great!
June seems a little too early as most of the schools don't get out for the summer until mid-June. How 'bout early or middle of July? Center Harbor was a great location.

Thanks for starting this year's event Meredith Lady. Look forward to seeing you again at Kevin's.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janet For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (04-27-2011), Redwing (04-27-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Meredith Lady - You're the Best!

I'd love to be part of team with you!

I agree with Angela and Janet - The Center Harbor location was great! The food pantry is a winner too.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-10-2011), Meredith lady (04-27-2011), Redwing (04-27-2011), W Clarke (05-09-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default July

I agree that June may be a tad early, and cast my vote for early/mid July. Thanks to Meredith Lady and Rattlesnake Gal for getting the proverbial ball rolling.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redwing For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-10-2011), Lucky1 (05-03-2011), Meredith lady (04-27-2011), RLW (04-27-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Water Camper

Talking Count Me In!

Meredith Lady and Rattlesnake Gal,
I'd be happy to do a mailing requesting raffle items, as I did last year, to area restaurants and businesses once the date and location has been set. Maybe we'll get lucky and have another awesome bicycle donated!

Mrs. Water Camper
Sue
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Water Camper For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (04-30-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (04-28-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Chris Exley

Default My vote is between 8/7 and 8/14

I have always wanted to come to this, but this is the only time I am there.
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris Exley For This Useful Post:
ghfromaltonbay (04-28-2011), Meredith lady (04-30-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
ghfromaltonbay

Default Agree with changing the date

I'm glad someone has again picked up the ball and is running with it for Forum Fest 2011. I also agree that a different weekend should be chosen each year as locking in a specific weekend (3rd in Aug. the past few years or previously the Sat. after Labor Day) makes it impossible for those whose vacations occur at other times or who have conflicts. I remember when the Forum Fest was the Sat. after Labor Day, which was great for me, but some people could not attend because they were back at school or had season tickets for BU or BC football games. Like the previous poster, Chris Exley, there are many of us who live a great distance from the lake and attending the Fest as a "day trip" to the lake is impossible. This year I know I will be at the lake 8/7-8/14 also, but luckily there will be several other weeks in July and Sept. when I'll be in NH. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it. The 3rd Sat. in August should be avoided as that was done the past 2 years as well as the year the Fest was held at Lake Shore Park and the same Forum members seem to be locked out for that weekend due to other commitments or how their vacations are scheduled during the summer. Unless you own your own place, a lot of resorts give first dibs for the same weeks each year to their rental guest so your vacation weeks depend on your previous year's rental.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 04-28-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added phrase
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
Island Girl

Default September is my vote.

The first weekend after Labor Day is my vote. The vintage race boats will be in Wolfeboro September 14-17so those dates should be avoided.

Center Harbor was a great place. I always vote for boat accessible locations.

I know this is not a good date for some. I am giving my preferences.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
sa meredith

Default Just a thought...

Although I have never attended a FF (came close to the one on the Mount, but last minute plans came up), for fear of being knocked over the head...I often take the less "popular" side in discussions...I do have a thought.
With very large groups, and annual events, obviously it is just about impossible to accomodate everyone. Someone is always going to be left out/disappointed/ whatever.
And, when people start writing, "...how about this date?" "...I can make it on this weekend..." "...it should be early..." "it should be late..." well, the kind hearted people who are running the show, end up pulling their hair out, and go thru undo stress trying to find the correct time.
So...why not make it the same weekend every year, and try to stick to it. Whether it be weekend before labor day, weekend after, weekend of Labor day, 3rd Saturday in August, last Sunday in July...whenever. I think if the core group of planners (everyone knows who they are...the heart and soul of this forum. The truly nice people, who very seldom have a negative thing to say, and are always trying to help others out) got together, and picked the day it would make things easier in so many ways. With the day already set in stone for years to come, locations could be talked about and booked years in advance. There would no longer be the early on discusion of "when will we have this thing" which usually occupies ther first month or so of the planning. People could plan their weekend or week at that the lake for that particular summer, with the FF in mind, if that is their priority. A family might say, "hey, let's try 'such and such' as a week this year. We could hit FF, and I have alwasy wanted to be up there at a diiferent time of year".
Whatever...
Not that I have a say...as I have never attended.
I just think, with such a large group...a pre-set day, year to year, makes thing so much easier, and helps on many different levels.
Just a thought...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (05-01-2011), bclaker (05-10-2011), Just Sold (06-01-2011), Meredith lady (04-30-2011), Pepper (04-30-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (05-03-2011), riverat (05-03-2011), Waterbaby (05-21-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Although I have never attended a FF (came close to the one on the Mount, but last minute plans came up), for fear of being knocked over the head...I often take the less "popular" side in discussions...I do have a thought.
With very large groups, and annual events, obviously it is just about impossible to accomodate everyone. Someone is always going to be left out/disappointed/ whatever.
And, when people start writing, "...how about this date?" "...I can make it on this weekend..." "...it should be early..." "it should be late..." well, the kind hearted people who are running the show, end up pulling their hair out, and go thru undo stress trying to find the correct time.
So...why not make it the same weekend every year, and try to stick to it. Whether it be weekend before labor day, weekend after, weekend of Labor day, 3rd Saturday in August, last Sunday in July...whenever. I think if the core group of planners (everyone knows who they are...the heart and soul of this forum. The truly nice people, who very seldom have a negative thing to say, and are always trying to help others out) got together, and picked the day it would make things easier in so many ways. With the day already set in stone for years to come, locations could be talked about and booked years in advance. There would no longer be the early on discusion of "when will we have this thing" which usually occupies ther first month or so of the planning. People could plan their weekend or week at that the lake for that particular summer, with the FF in mind, if that is their priority. A family might say, "hey, let's try 'such and such' as a week this year. We could hit FF, and I have alwasy wanted to be up there at a diiferent time of year".
Whatever...
Not that I have a say...as I have never attended.
I just think, with such a large group...a pre-set day, year to year, makes thing so much easier, and helps on many different levels.
Just a thought...
I see nothing wrong with your post's. You have a mind of your own and I respect you for that!
Infact, I wish that I could ad-lib as good as you do.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Center Harbour is nice, but what about down in Alton Bay? It would save a lot of driving for those coming from the South. Like MA. There are the town docks for boats, big parking lot, picnic area, etc. Just a thought.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
riverat (05-03-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
Seeker

S A Meredith

Good idea. Would solve a lot of problems. I might even be able to make one.

Last edited by Seeker; 05-01-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Meredith lady

Default Forum Fest

Hello Friends-
Regarding this years Forum Fest....here are my thoughts...
Holding the Fest before Bike Week won't work. Children are still in school.
July is busy.
My vote is for August 14th.
Center Harbor?
Charity choice?
Tell me what you think!
Meredith Lady
Laura
Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
riverat

Sounds good to me, meredith food pantry
Meredith lady (05-17-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Hermit Cover

Default Let us FEST! and be Glad!

Don'tcha love it when a Plan comes together??? Thanks, Laura (If it keeps raining like this we'll have to move it up to Heath's Hdwr. Parking Lot)
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermit Cover For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
Island Girl

Default 2 out of 3

Center Harbor
Food Pantry
Date is not so good... Prime August weekend for guests.

I agree before Bike week is not good. I prefer the cooler weather of early September...

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Island Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #18
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs up 8/14 Forum Fest

The place, the date and the Food Pantry as the charity all work for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
Greene's Basin Girl

Many of my lake forum fest friends are not always up at the lake in September. Also August is warmer. I vote for August even though I live at the lake year round.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (05-17-2011), Meredith lady (05-17-2011), Redwing (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #20
trfour

Default Let Us Not Keep A Date Waiting...

I am all 'four setting a date 'four every year! Gives us all a point of shoot to plan on! ( PHOTOPOST )... As most can see enlightens us all year and around.
September - May not be a good time for some, however I would agree with IG ( in a collective point of view for an ideal time and place)...

Now, and although I get heated up all summer and look forward to snowmobiling up into the surrounding and many Beautiful Mountains around Lake Winnipesaukee, ( and at the same time putting the boat and docks away ), to allow to and in preparation for, the planing becomes imminent.

However, your choice.
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #21
Meredith lady

Default keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the feedback, all. The only trouble with early September (after Labor Day) is the same with June...anyone with kids will be left out because of school. Hermit, my friend...is this rain EVER going to stop?? After hearing from more of you, and speaking with RG (Celia), Water Camper (Sue) and Don, a final decision will be made. Let's Fest!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #22
Just Sold

Default A Saturday Forum Fest Is Better

Aug. 14 sounds OK but I think a Sat is better. Like Aug 13th!!

I believe that you will get more people on a Sat. If it is on a Sunday you have to remember that weekend people start heading back home during the day depending on how far they have to travel home. A Sat afternoon should get the most people as they are not as rushed to be anywhere.

Also remember that those who rent typically check in or check out on a Sat. So they should be able to stop by even if it was for a short time.

We will be at the lake on the 13th for sure. It is the last day of our vacation rental!
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default August 13th

I agree that a Saturday is a better day and cast my vote for Saturday, August 13th in Center Harbor!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redwing For This Useful Post:
Greene's Basin Girl (05-18-2011), Meredith lady (05-18-2011), Overlake97 (06-01-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #24
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up ForumFest 2011

Saturday, August 13th sounds great!

Later that night the M/S Mount Washington is having one of their Summer Lobsterfests. Maybe we could continue the party into the evening?

A New England summer is not complete without a lobster dinner.
Enjoy it on a sunset cruise with dinner and dancing to live music.
For the guest who don't eat lobster, another entree is offered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (05-19-2011), Waterbaby (05-21-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
Redwing
Deceased Member

Default Lobster fest...

...on the Mount sounds divine, immediately following the forum fest! Count me in!!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #26
Greene's Basin Girl

The cruise sounds great, but I don't eat lobster.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #27
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow Two Entrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
The cruise sounds great, but I don't eat lobster.
For the guest who don't eat lobster, another entree is offered.

I have no idea how far in advance we could know what the other entree is, but I could check it out. I haven't been on many nightly cruises, but I think they do a nice job on salads and sides.

Can anyone give us a better idea of the buffets on The Mount? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #28
DRH

Saturday August 13 sounds good to Quilt Lady and me.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #29
Skip

Thumbs up

Looks like a good date for me as well......
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #30
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Mmmmm Forum fest or 40th high school reuion can't do both on Aug. 13
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #31
Rattlesnake Gal

Exclamation FF or Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Bob View Post
Mmmmm Forum fest or 40th high school reunion can't do both on Aug. 13
Of course your choice should be ForumFest! We're the people in your life now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Waterbaby (05-21-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #32
SIKSUKR

Was there actually a time window discussed? As usual I'm working that weekend but don't have to be in Manchester till 4.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #33
Meredith lady

Default Hmmmmmm....a bit of a problem here folks...

Our beloved Webmaster Don cannot make August 13th. That is the only Saturday all summer he is not available. He willingly said to hold it without him, but that is not an option as far as i am concerned. So, back to the drawing board!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meredith lady For This Useful Post:
IslandRadio (06-04-2011), Just Sold (05-21-2011), Lakegeezer (05-21-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (05-24-2011), Rattlesnake Guy (05-20-2011), Sunset Bob (05-22-2011), trfour (05-21-2011), Waterbaby (05-21-2011)
Old 05-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #34
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith lady View Post
Our beloved Webmaster Don cannot make August 13th. That is the only Saturday all summer he is not available. He willingly said to hold it without him, but that is not an option as far as i am concerned. So, back to the drawing board!!
Agreed....no Don no 'Fest. Don always has my back at the 'Fest....
Old 05-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #35
ghfromaltonbay

Default No Don, No Fest.

I agree. How about Saturday Aug. 6th? If it gets pushed out to Saturday Aug. 20th, it would fall on the same weekend as the past 2 years which seems to lock out the same group of people who were unable to attend in 2009 and 2010. Also, by the 20th some kiddies are headed back to school.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #36
Waterbaby

Default Go to the Fest..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Bob View Post
Mmmmm Forum fest or 40th high school reuion can't do both on Aug. 13

How many of those high school friends have you been in touch with over the years, anyway?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #37
Waterbaby

Default Fest REQUIRES Don!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Even though I haven't made it to one yet - not for lack of trying! - Don is a must at a FF! Without Don, there is no Forum and thus no Fest!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #38
trfour

Post Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Agreed....no Don no 'Fest. Don always has my back at the 'Fest....
No contest without Don!.. In all of my years here, I only got to visit some of our favorite forum folks at a minni fest at Waldo Peppers! It Was HOT! , and filled with love.

I still think that we should look for a annual date that gives all of us the chance to plan ahead for. Forum folks aren't always At The Lake, and there are other considerations that may bring us closer together. I would agree that it is not an easy solution, #1 that I spend lots of my time in Dallas/Fort Worth these days, and we have so many that are scattered around the entire World! ( now, backing off a little, NO One misses trfour , ( shot at and missed many times ). ... Let us keep a bigger picture in focus though...
May all of the winter's snow leave and find us all in a better place. Summer is a more favorable time of year to get together!
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up Autust 6th Sounds Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
I agree. How about Saturday Aug. 6th? If it gets pushed out to Saturday Aug. 20th, it would fall on the same weekend as the past 2 years which seems to lock out the same group of people who were unable to attend in 2009 and 2010. Also, by the 20th some kiddies are headed back to school.
I second that date!

Should we start the Fest at 11:00 am?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #40
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
I second that date!

Should we start the Fest at 11:00 am?
Maybe you or the Meredith lady would like to have it at you residences and possibly have a sleep over. Why waste valuable time???
Old 05-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
Lucky1

Default High School Reunions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post

How many of those high school friends have you been in touch with over the years, anyway?
I went back to my high school reunion and had a wonderful time even though I had not seen many of my 500 classmates in all the years! Fun to reconnect; sad to learn that so many had died (20%); and grateful to have had the chance to be alive and able to attend.

I loved my first Forum Fest last year and hope I can go again. I made some wonderful friends!!!! Still it was also fun to see the friends I knew from age 5 to 17 and would recommend it to all!! Go and enjoy and look forward to seeing you NEXT YEAR if you end up having to miss the FF to go!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #42
Rattlesnake Gal

Smile Ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Maybe you or the Meredith lady would like to have it at you residences and possibly have a sleep over. Why waste valuable time???
Good idea RLW. Meredith Lady and I actually do have a Rattlesnake Island sleep-over in the works, but I'm afraid our place cannot handle the whole ForumFest crowd or the extra boats for that matter!

I was thinking 11:00 am might be helpful for those who have commitments later in the day, like SS and Sunset Bob.
Meredith lady (05-25-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #43
DRH

Quote:
I second that date!
August 6 is fine with us.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #44
Skip

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH View Post
August 6 is fine with us.
August 6th looks good to me as well, and I think having a start time at 11 is a fantastic and considerate idea, as RG has mentioned, for those that have to travel!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #45
Just Sold

I vote for Aug 6th. I have to be in the Center Harbor area that day anyway so I know that I will be dropping by.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #46
RLW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Good idea RLW. Meredith Lady and I actually do have a Rattlesnake Island sleep-over in the works, but I'm afraid our place cannot handle the whole ForumFest crowd or the extra boats for that matter!

I was thinking 11:00 am might be helpful for those who have commitments later in the day, like SS and Sunset Bob.
, just what we like, POSITVE THINKING

Last edited by RLW; 05-25-2011 at 09:34 AM.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #47
Meredith lady

August 6th at 11 am at Center Harbor....perfect. Any comments??
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #48
RailroadJoe

Fairly new and not having not been to one previous. Where in Center Harbor? Thanks.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #49
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow ForumFest 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Fairly new and not having not been to one previous. Where in Center Harbor? Thanks.
At the Center Harbor Beach Pavilion, which is right next to the public docks.

(From 2010 Shakedown Cruise - Pavilion is in the right side of photo.)

(The Webmaster's close-up of the festivities.)

On Route 25, down the driveway that is next to E. M. Heath Hardware.
RailroadJoe (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #50
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow August 6th

Quote:
August 6th at 11 am at Center Harbor....perfect. Any comments??
Sounds great! 11:00 am - what? 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm? 3:00 pm would potentially allow more members to drop by.

I have a call in to the Center Harbor Parks & Recreation Department to see if this date and times are available.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #51
LadyJane

Oh good !!! that is my last day up there, but I think I can swing by for a little while on my way out. It will be so nice to meet people !
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #52
Lakesrider

Awesome. I think I am actually off on that Saturday for once......
Maybe I can make it now.....
Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #53
SIKSUKR

Thanks RG but I don't have to work on the 6th so I'll be sleeping over. I'll anchor just off off RI on my PWC. Can RGu run cable out there?

Oops. Just realized I have a wedding in Portland on the 6th. Darn. Forget about the sleepover.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #54
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Annual LSP Golf Tournament

Previous 2 years I missed because of the Timberman... The LSP Memorial Scholarship Tournament is always the 1st Saturday in August.

I'll miss the FF for the 3rd straight year.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #55
Pineedles

Default New date is needed!

In as much that SteveA has been a tremendously valuable contributor to this forum for his evenheaded and informative posts, as well as being the person responsible for the very successful Loon Center Forum Fest several years ago, and that he has been unable to attend the last several forum fests due to his commendable efforts with the Timberman event, I respectfully ask that you all consider a new date for the Forum Fest.

Thank you all for your consideration,

Pineedles
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
Rattlesnake Gal

Red face Two Calls and an E-mail Later

I have called twice about us reserving the Center Harbor Pavilion for August 6th. The lady at the town office said that the bandstand area is free, but I would have to talk to the Parks and Recreation manager about the pavilion at the beach area. She wasn't too sure about the date, because it is still such a busy time of year. I also sent off an e-mail today, so hopefully we will know soon.

Be thinking of alternate dates and locations!
Grant (05-27-2011), Lucky1 (06-03-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #57
ghfromaltonbay

Default Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Previous 2 years I missed because of the Timberman... The LSP Memorial Scholarship Tournament is always the 1st Saturday in August.

I'll miss the FF for the 3rd straight year.
Now you know how I felt about having it on the 3rd Sat. in Aug. for several years in a row. Since I live 6 hours from Center Harbor, it's not a day trip for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post:
SteveA (05-28-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #58
Argie's Wife

I haven't been able to make the past couple of FF's either and would love to go... 8/6 and 8/20 are the only two dates for the whole summer that I'm booked, I'm afraid...

But I know it's VERY difficult to get a date everyone can make it.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #59
winnisummergal

Default Count me out

We're in town the 13th thru the 27th this year...almost made one.
winnisummergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #60
Hermit Cover

Default How about.....

Three Forum Fests on 3 weekends....The 2nd and 3rd will be the food leftovers from the 1st. (need refrigeration) The people who win the raffles can re-gift those items that they decide they can't use because of wrong date, wrong size, or wrong color or can't read! It can work. Pictures of those from the first two can be photoshopped into the third....it can work...can't help but raise more money for the charity....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermit Cover For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (05-27-2011), PapaDon (06-11-2011), SteveA (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #61
sa meredith

Default see what I mean??!!

...and there you have it.
For those who donot know what I am referring to, go back and read post number 10.
I am just an outsider looking in...although I do plan on attending one of these some day...it seems just so much time and energy would be better spent on things other than deciding the date. The date discussion takes the longest each year.
I don't want to leave anyone out, so am hesitant to mention names..but off the top of my head, RG, Meredith Lady, AW, Don, et all (5 or 6 of the major players) should have a brief discussion amonst themselves, and just lock a date in stone for years to come. In this case...just announce FF will be the second weekend in August from here on out...leaving the only small discression being Saturday or Sunday each year.
I don't mean to abrasive. Re-read post 10...I think I put the thought into words a bit better in that post.
I just think a set day every year really is something to be considered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
Lakegeezer (06-01-2011), RLW (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #62
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
In as much that SteveA has been a tremendously valuable contributor to this forum for his evenheaded and informative posts, as well as being the person responsible for the very successful Loon Center Forum Fest several years ago, and that he has been unable to attend the last several forum fests due to his commendable efforts with the Timberman event, I respectfully ask that you all consider a new date for the Forum Fest.

Thank you all for your consideration,

Pineedles
Pineedles, and everyone else..

Thanks for the comments...

Really, no need to change any date for me. I wasn't complaining, well, maybe whining a little.

The date for Forum Fest will never be able everyone that would like to attend happy.. never. Majority rules, I'd feel terrible if changing it for me would freeze out anyone else. I'm sure all of us longtimers feel the same way.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #63
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
...and there you have it.
For those who donot know what I am referring to, go back and read post number 10.
I am just an outsider looking in...although I do plan on attending one of these some day...it seems just so much time and energy would be better spent on things other than deciding the date. The date discussion takes the longest each year.
I don't want to leave anyone out, so am hesitant to mention names..but off the top of my head, RG, Meredith Lady, AW, Don, et all (5 or 6 of the major players) should have a brief discussion amonst themselves, and just lock a date in stone for years to come. In this case...just announce FF will be the second weekend in August from here on out...leaving the only small discression being Saturday or Sunday each year.
I don't mean to abrasive. Re-read post 10...I think I put the thought into words a bit better in that post.
I just think a set day every year really is something to be considered.
How about this methodology: The "major players" decide on two or three dates that work for them. After establishing the dates they set up a poll where everyone has the ability to vote on one of the selected dates.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (06-06-2011), Lucky1 (06-03-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (06-08-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #64
sa meredith

Default whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
How about this methodology: The "major players" decide on two or three dates that work for them. After establishing the dates they set up a poll where everyone has the ability to vote on one of the selected dates.
Whatever method you want apply. That matters little, I believe.
My point is that if the same day is used every year, it helps out on may different levels.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #65
Lucky1

Default How about this................

I am new to the FF, but loved the one last year that I attended. And we really do need Don. Not only because he is the founder and the one who does so much for all of us here by being the Webmaster, but also because he took about the only good, no great, picture of me that I ever had taken in my life! LOL

However, on the more serious side and after a great deal of thinking, this might work. We start the weekend after July 4th the first year; then the next year it is the second weekend after July 4th; the year after that it is the third weekend after July 4th; the year after that it is the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August. Then after the first weekend in August, we have it the second weekend in August, and then the next year we have it the third weekend in August. This way it will be a set formula that will allow all to know the weekend and make plans accordingly if they are able, AND it will not be on the same weekend every year that some can never attend. It does not matter when it is started, but you get the idea. The FF is set but moving each year so all can have a chance.

I own a cottage and am retired and free as a bird. (Well I have kids in CA and a 94 year old mother in VA and a condo renovation etc etc and things happen, BUT many summers I can make it any weekend that I want to though may not be able to do it this year if I cannot be in NH.) I hope I can but I am not going to suggest any date.

I can see why we need to have people know when the FF is in advance for making plans; and I can see why we need to have it on different weekends for people who are there only certain weeks of the summer, or have some yearly obligation on a certain summer date. What say you all?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #66
Lucky1

Default I like this idea too but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post

For those Forum members who rent and want to plan to be at the lake for the Forum Fest, how would they know far enough in advance to choose weeks that would work?

Does anyone know if we have any reply to the email requesting the use of the Center Harbor facility for August 6th?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #67
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post

Does anyone know if we have any reply to the email requesting the use of the Center Harbor facility for August 6th?
I just checked RG's email, No answer yet.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Guy For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (06-03-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #68
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow Other Locations to Consider

I just called Wolfeboro Parks and Recreation Department about reserving Cate Park for Saturday, August 6th. Someone will be getting back to me, possibly next week about the date etc. As far as I can tell from the Chamber of Commerce event calendar, there isn't anything booked at Cate Park.

I did call Alton Parks and Recreation Department and inquired about reserving the bandstand, which does have electricity for crocks etc, but they need us to get a rider on someone's insurance for $500,000. Docking is good, but the bandstand is not as good as Cate Park.

Anyone have alternate ideas for location?
Lucky1 (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #69
Lucky1

Did they say they were booked for the one that was used last year or do we just want to use a different place? Thanks for your efforts.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #70
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow Center Harbor Location

Quote:
Did they say they were booked for the one that was used last year or do we just want to use a different place? Thanks for your efforts.
It would be really great to have it at Center Harbor again, but I cannot get a response back from them. Two phone calls and an e-mail ignored. If someone else would like to give it a try, I would appreciate it very much.

On the second phone call to Center Harbor, I think I spoke to the Town Clerk. It did not look like the Center Harbor Pavilion was booked for August 6th, but she wasn't sure they would let us reserve it because it is still a busy time of year for beach goers.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #71
Lucky1

Quote:
It would be really great to have it at Center Harbor again, but I cannot get a response back from them. Two phone calls and an e-mail ignored. If someone else would like to give it a try, I would appreciate it very much.

On the second phone call to Center Harbor, I think I spoke to the Town Clerk. It did not look like the Center Harbor Pavilion was booked for August 6th, but she wasn't sure they would let us reserve it because it is still a busy time of year for beach goers.
Rejoice WE HAVE AUGUST 6TH!! I know how busy our office people get but just called Center Harbor and got the name of Keith Roberts who is new and has been swampted! The woman there gave me his telephone number and I called immediately. I explained that the Winnipesaukee Forum wanted to use the pavillion on August 6th and that we raised money for a charity. Told him last year we gave to the food pantries etc. He said he had known and that date was fine. I said I would let you know as I honestly do not know the names to call!!! Keith can be reached at 603 455 1632 today if he is still in. Tomorrow he might be in Center Harbor? NOT SURE BUT HE HAD US DOWN FOR AUGUST 6 TH !!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (06-09-2011), Greene's Basin Girl (06-09-2011), Just Sold (06-09-2011), Meredith lady (06-11-2011), PapaDon (06-11-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #72
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up Center Harbor Pavilion

Quote:
Rejoice WE HAVE AUGUST 6TH!! I know how busy our office people get but just called Center Harbor and got the name of Keith Roberts who is new and has been swampted! I explained that the Winnipesaukee Forum wanted to use the pavillion on August and he said he had known and that date was fine. I said I would let you know as I honestly do not know the names to call!!! Keith can be reached at 603 455 1632 today if he is still in. Tomorrow he might be in Center Harbor? NOT SURE BUT HE HAD US DOWN FOR AUGUST 6TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! I think we are the lucky ones today.

I just spoke to Keith and will firm things up with him tomorrow. He was in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Thanks again Lucky1!

RG
eillac@dow (06-09-2011), Redwing (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #73
skibum

Default Live music?

Hi folks,

I am sure that I could talk my fellow band mates into donating our time for the Forum Fest if live music would be appropriate at the chosen location. We are The Lazy Boy Rockers, all in our 40's and 50's, and play a mixture of Americana, blues, outlaw country and rock (all played at a tasteful volume level). Thus far, the only gig we have booked in Aug. is the 27th.
skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skibum For This Useful Post:
Greene's Basin Girl (06-11-2011), Heaven (06-10-2011), Lucky1 (06-10-2011), PapaDon (06-11-2011), Redwing (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #74
Redwing
Deceased Member

Default Live music

I love the idea of live music at the August 6th Forum Fest.....what a wonderful opportunity! How does everyone else feel about this generous offer?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #75
Hermit Cover

Default Music...

Great idea...
Old 06-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #76
RLW

Default How great

It is so wonderful to read this thread or any thread that pertains to a FF. There are so many people that offer to take the bull by the horns so to speak and bring together a wonderful day for all to enjoy. All though this ole geezer has not attended a single one because of other commitments, he sure has enjoyed all the comments and pictures that come afterwards.

You all that help and get this fun day together have RLW's great BIG

THANK YOU

Last edited by RLW; 06-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #77
Rattlesnake Guy

I am channeling RG here at the lake over my shoulder.

The gentleman in Center Harbor is not sure what the deal will be with electricity for the FF. Not sure if it will be a generator or other arrangement. Does anyone remember what the situation was last year? Would it be practical to run a heavy cord from our friends at the near by Mount Washington building?

Not sure how this would impact music but the idea of music sounds great to me.

End channeling....
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #78
Meredith lady

Default grill??

How about a grill at the FF? kevin has a very large one and we could cook burgers, dogs, chicken...yummy. Live music?? LOVE IT...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meredith lady For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (06-11-2011), Redwing (06-11-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #79
PapaDon

Quote:
How about a grill at the FF? kevin has a very large one and we could cook burgers, dogs, chicken...yummy. Live music?? LOVE IT...
It all sounds good to me. I haven't made a FF yet, but I may be able to this year.
PapaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #80
Meredith lady

Default ready, set...

is it a go?? August 6th in Center Harbor? Live music and grilling? Early in the day.. maybe 10:30-2:30?? Water Camper (Sue) has agreed to mail out the raffle information. Others have offered to help as well with anything that needs to be done. Should i get the ball rolling once again??
Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #81
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up ForumFest 2011

Quote:
is it a go?? August 6th in Center Harbor? Live music and grilling? Early in the day.. maybe 10:30-2:30?? Water Camper (Sue) has agreed to mail out the raffle information. Others have offered to help as well with anything that needs to be done. Should i get the ball rolling once again??
ForumFest 2011 is a go!

I only have to fill out the paper work and mail it in.

Should there be any changes to this years invitation before I post it into it's usual yearly invitation thread?

Argie's Wife (06-17-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #82
Meredith lady

Default way to go RG

Perfect! After Bike Week we will get all the offers of help up and running...Have a great weekend!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #83
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow Grill and Invitation

I called to see about the grill and Keith should be getting back to me tomorrow sometime.

I propose a change to the invitation:

I think it is time to change it to the Eighth Annual ForumFest, rather than ForumFest VIII. Sound okay?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #84
Just Sold

8th is good with me!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #85
Argie's Wife

I'd be happy to help with coordinating the raffle, if y'all would like my help.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (06-21-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (06-17-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #86
Water Camper

Default Raffle Mailing

Argie's Wife,

I will be mailing a raffle request flyer to those restaurants and businesses who donated last year. These include Kevin's Cafe, Fratello's, Village Kitchen Restaurant, Hart's Turkey Farm, Patrick's Pub, T-Bones/Cactus Jack's, The Naswa, Sandy Point Restaurant, Common Man Restaurants, Union Diner, Sunrise Cafe, Crazy Gringo, George's Diner, Ames Farm, E.M. Heath Hardware, Funspot, MS Mount Washington, Salon 831 and Healthy Solutions Spice Blends. If you would like to try for some of the other restaurants/businesses, that would be very helpful.

It would be great to get a big ticket raffle item. The bicycle, donated last year, by E.M. Heath was a hit! Anyone have some ideas on that or maybe some connections to someplace around the lake willing to donate something? It would be wonderful if one of the hotels/inns/resorts stepped up and offered an overnight stay.

Thanks!
Sue

Last edited by Water Camper; 06-17-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Water Camper For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (06-21-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (06-17-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #87
OCDACTIVE

Default OCD will be there!

Planning on attending. Hopefully if there is good weather I can come by boat. I look forward to seeing and meeting everyone!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #88
Rattlesnake Gal

Red face No Electricity

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
Hi folks,

I am sure that I could talk my fellow band mates into donating our time for the Forum Fest if live music would be appropriate at the chosen location. We are The Lazy Boy Rockers, all in our 40's and 50's, and play a mixture of Americana, blues, outlaw country and rock (all played at a tasteful volume level). Thus far, the only gig we have booked in Aug. is the 27th.
Thanks for the offer of live music, but it might not work out at this location. Keith at the Center Harbor Parks and Recreation tells me that we will not have access to electricity. Because we are not the only group to be using the pavilion and beach area, he reminded me that if we were to have music, it would have to be at a very reasonable level. Sounds like you were on board with that anyway. Let us know if we should be expecting your group. Hope you can make it either way skibum. ForumFest is always a great time. Thanks again!

RG
Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #89
Lakesrider

Once again I will not be going. I have to work that Saturday. I had to switch so I could take a day off to get my Colonoscopy on the 11th......Oh well. Have fun though. I'm sure it will be a great day.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #90
SIKSUKR

Default I feel for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
I had to switch so I could take a day off to get my Colonoscopy
Holy crap!That really stinks.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #91
NHKathy

Default Finally, after all these years...

... I should be able to make it to this year's Forum Fest! Woo Hoo!!
It will be so nice to meet everyone! I will be coming with the hubby - NHKevin

I do have one question - where is the best place to park my vehicle? Is there a parking lot for the pavilion patrons? I usually just park down near the docks, but i'm ususally not there very long, and I know there's only a few spots there...
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #92
TOAD

Toad & Tadpole are planning to make it up for the fest if things work out.

Will be bringing up some stained glass items for the raffle. I hope if we manage to get there for the start that will be enough time to get the items into the raffle.

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks in person.
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #93
NHKathy

Had a great time at the Forum Fest today! So great to put faces to all the screen names! It was great to finally meet and thank our webmaster, Don in person! Also great to meet & chat with Meredith Lady, Rattlesnake Gal, Island Radio, Island Princess, and Cate P!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote