Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Striper295

Default Stress

Hi Folks,

I had all the best intentions of getting to the "Big" lake over the past two years. I never did..
I stayed on Winnisquam wich is great but now I'm going for it.

My main goal is to take my father in law out fishing the big lake this year. We don't have any knowledge per say of the lake from a mariner standpoint more than what I've read and looked at on the Bizer map. I did spend a lot of time on the water with my dad who was a Navy guy and seemed like he knew every part of the lake. When I was young I didn't pay attention just trusted him. We are both hack fishermen that enjoy being on the water. I am just starting to get real setups with lead core. I don't have down riggers.
My boat is a 20ft Starweld. Not huge but does the job. Again we mostly just jig and try to catch some bass. My father in law would love to catch a laker or a salmon.

My goal is to find the least amount of stress in the process. I'm looking for easy ramps, I will pay. I will pay to relieve the crazy back and forth of loading and unloading in public popular areas.

I am not looking for those fishy guarded hot spots, just some local guidance of launch areas that are close to possible fishy locations. I really don't care if we catch a thing, just want the experiences to be positive and memorable. He is in his mid 70's now and want him to enjoy the time out most of all..

I am going up to AJ's to see about lead core setups this weekend. I will inquire there as well.

I have posted before and the feedback from this group has been wonderful.

Thank you in advance.
Striper295 is offline   Reply With Quote