Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
ACutAbove

Default Landscaping on the islands

Just trying to get an idea how much interest there is to get landscaping out on the islands? I know there are companies that do it already but most only do it in addition to the major stuff they do( dock work ,breakwaters, etc)
Any interest in this??? I have been looking at bardges and smaller craft for this purpose.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
Formula260SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACutAbove View Post
Just trying to get an idea how much interest there is to get landscaping out on the islands? I know there are companies that do it already but most only do it in addition to the major stuff they do( dock work ,breakwaters, etc)
Any interest in this??? I have been looking at bardges and smaller craft for this purpose.
I think it could be worthwhile, we could actually use some work done. I bet once you got the word around it would work out. There is a decent looking pontoon boat on Craigs List that would make a fine work barge, it's pretty cheap.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACutAbove View Post
We had tons of work done at our camp and finding someone good who specializes in just landscaping and does island work can be tough.

I think it would pan out well for you...

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
welchislandman

I agree it would be worthwhile. We had some work done a few years back and could use mulch, loam etc to even the yard out as well as a few other things done.

I could see the need for spring cleanups and yardwork for many.
welchislandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Grady223

I agree, island landscaping would be well received. Has Barry Ennis sold his barge? It was a good one for what you are looking for. I think Barry is in Tuftenboro, did a lot of contract work on the islands before he decided to stay land side.
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
ACutAbove

Well it is good to know that there is some interest out there. I have located a barge that is kind of in my price range and have a few more details to work out, like a place to house it for the time it would be in the water.
I currently have a boat to be able to do small jobs just hard to take stuff away and bring any type of bulk material with me. I could do some small mulch jobs to start and bringing hand and small power tools would not be a problem.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
Island Life

We could use some tree work and cutting (and possibly removing) of trees that have fallen. Will you be offering that type of work too?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
ACutAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life View Post
We could use some tree work and cutting (and possibly removing) of trees that have fallen. Will you be offering that type of work too?
I do already do some tree work out on Bear Island. The removal part would depend on if I can work out the bardge issues.